18 replies to this topic

#16 joemac

joemac

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,166 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 05:46 AM

It is most definitely some hot ass poo. The way I judge if an album is great or not is if I can just start on track 1 and let the motherfuger play all the way through, without skipping anything. Albums like that are few and far between, and Em had 3 or 4 that are great in my book.

#17 Mattiekrome

Mattiekrome

The Feast... Is Mine

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 12:36 PM

I've got it, but never really listened to it much... Never really gave it much of a chance w/ my 2 year old and 4 year old in the truck w/ me. Looks like it might be a time for a revisit.

#18 Jackson 5

Jackson 5

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 03:44 PM

I'm not blasting him, and you're right, I haven't heard the new CD. I've just heard a few of the singles. I tried to look them up, and I think the singles I heard might have been off of an older CD. After looking at the track listing, I have heard most of the singles to play off of Recovery and didn't find them to be full of the shock value of the other songs.

My bad, I think I heard some of his older songs that I hadn't heard before, and I mistakenly attributed them to Recovery since I knew the album was coming out.

#19 Goosfraba21

Goosfraba21

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 07:32 PM

The last verse on the second song you posted "your never over" is the shiz. The whole cd from start to finish is near perfect. I think Proof's murder really f'ed him up for a while.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com