Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bobcats close to trading Diaw, Chandler, aquiring Calderon

165 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[quote name='CarolinaPanthers8789']It's reggie evans, and I have no idea, this is some crazy s*t. From what I am hearing frop the Raptors fans there organization doesn't want to have to use the exception.[/QUOTE]

Another f*cking back-up forward? I know we're a little weak there, but Jesus Christ. Is there a back-up forward that we haven't been linked to this offseason?

And I'm not going to trust what Raptors fans have to say, they're just looking to dump an overpaid player. The only concrete rumor we have is that we're getting Dwayne Jones and Bosh's trade exception.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='chabber']Reggie Evans is an undersized PF but a good rebounder.

The fact that he'd be coming back to us instead of the Raptors using their trade exception to acquire Chandler throws a massive wrench into the idea of us using a trade exception ourselves to get Jefferson.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, from what I am hearing from the Raptors people is that they don't want to touch the whole Bosh sign and trade money.

Posted · Report post

[B]The Bobcats have traded center Tyson Chandler to the Toronto Raptors.[/B]

Chandler's number one priority is to stay healthy, something he has not been able to do in recent years. Even at full strength he might have to fight for a starting gig, as Andrea Bargnani can start at center and both Boris Diaw and Amir Johnson are potential starting PFs.

Marc Spears Twitter

I don't know for who or what.

Posted · Report post

I read they may be using the exception from the Turk deal not the Bosh one.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='MaximusZaximus']I read they may be using the exception from the Turk deal not the Bosh one.[/QUOTE]

That would work, the Bobcats want it where they can go out and grab a center after this deal is done.

Posted · Report post

If we get Calderon and somehow get enough space or w/e to get Jefferson.... I'd be really happy with our FO this offseason.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='MaximusZaximus']If we get Calderon and somehow get enough space or w/e to get Jefferson.... I'd be really happy with our FO this offseason.[/QUOTE]

I just don't want to take back Reggie Evans because he eats up the money that trading Chandler would give us.

Posted · Report post

Meh..... I'll have to wait until all the trades are done to evaluate. I've seen some of Calderon and I'm not really impressed. I was not high on Felton's playoff performance, but I still don't see Calderon as an upgrade... more of a minor downgrade IMO. As far as money goes Chandler was an expiring contact. Calderon make 9 mil, 9.7 mil, and 10.5 mil the next 3 seasons.... about $30 million over 3 years.... don't see him being worth his contract at all.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='theyhateme45']Meh..... I'll have to wait until all the trades are done to evaluate. I've seen some of Calderon and I'm not really impressed. I was not high on Felton's playoff performance, but I still don't see Calderon as an upgrade... more of a minor downgrade IMO. As far as money goes Chandler was an expiring contact. Calderon make 9 mil, 9.7 mil, and 10.5 mil the next 3 seasons.... about $30 million over 3 years.... don't see him being worth his contract at all.[/QUOTE]

In his previous years where he avg'd 12-13 points and close to 9 assists a game, that was some good ball. I'd take that.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='MaximusZaximus']In his previous years where he avg'd 12-13 points and close to 9 assists a game, that was some good ball. I'd take that.[/QUOTE]

This. Calderon just had a down year and LB is famous for coaching up PGs. Does anybody think that its coincidence that Felton's best year to date was his second year under Larry Brown?

Even without LB, Calderon is an upgrade over Felton. Higher percentage shooter, better facilitator, higher PER. And don't look at it like we're adding a bad contract at PG. We're swapping Diaw for Calderon.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='MaximusZaximus']In his previous years where he avg'd 12-13 points and close to 9 assists a game, that was some good ball. I'd take that.[/QUOTE]

You maybe right.... I'm not talking from a stats stand point. I'm just talking from the raptor games I watched. He couldn't even win the starting the PG spot out right. I think his play down the stretch last season is why the raptors wanted to move him.... I think he proved to them he is not their PG of the future. Like I said, this is just what I got from watching him play.... not stats.

Posted · Report post

[url]http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/11838893/23156526?tag=headlines;other[/url]

It's a done deal, just pending league approval.