#121 DynastyRTR

DynastyRTR

newnfldraft.com writer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 12 July 2010 - 06:17 PM

something from the NBA trade machine that I got to work, even though it is very unrealistic.

Hawks get:

Carmelo Anthony-SF
Ty Lawson-PG
Future 2nd rd pick from Raptors

Bobcats get:

Jose Calderon-PG
Future 2nd rd pick from Raptors

Raptors get:

Boris Diaw-PF
Mike Bibby-PG
Maurice Evans-SF

Nuggets get:

Marvin Williams-SF
Marcus Banks-PG
Future 1st and 2nd rd pick from Atlanta.

of course, I threw in the picks, so it would be even.

#122 BF91

BF91

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 06:29 PM

Yeah, but the Diaw/Chandler-Calderon trade has already been done.

#123 mj4life

mj4life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 06:37 PM

overall i like this trade, although calderon is a liability on d he takes care of the ball on the other end and we play at a tempo that will better suit his skills, with the money we now have under the lux tax limit we can resign ratliff and maybe another banger and play center by com. like last year

#124 EC123

EC123

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 07:38 PM

2009-2010 Bobcats > 2010-2011 Bobcats

Anyone who thinks Calderon (and Evans) makes the Bobcats any better than they were last year is smoking crack.

Go get a Center worth something.

#125 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,362 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 12 July 2010 - 07:59 PM

2009-2010 Bobcats > 2010-2011 Bobcats

Anyone who thinks Calderon (and Evans) makes the Bobcats any better than they were last year is smoking crack.

Go get a Center worth something.

Let see Felton and his stupid plays or an upgrade on offense and passing in Calderon. I'll take Calderon....

Calderon is a guy who should average 14-15 points and 9 assist a game... his defense isn't as good as Felton, but Brown should be able to improve that somewhat. That's a big improvement over Felton.

TT starting over Diaw - I'll take TT because of the better rebounding ability and defense. He should also score around 15 a game as well. I'll take TT.

Two improvements and the team is noticeably better. Just need to get a C that can play some defense.

#126 EC123

EC123

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 08:12 PM

Let see Felton and his stupid plays or an upgrade on offense and passing in Calderon. I'll take Calderon....

Calderon is a guy who should average 14-15 points and 9 assist a game... his defense isn't as good as Felton, but Brown should be able to improve that somewhat. That's a big improvement over Felton.

TT starting over Diaw - I'll take TT because of the better rebounding ability and defense. He should also score around 15 a game as well. I'll take TT.

Two improvements and the team is noticeably better. Just need to get a C that can play some defense.

Put down the crack pipe.

Chandler + Felton + Diaw > Calderon + Evans

Last I checked, Tyrus Thomas was on the team last season, regardless of whether he started or came off the bench.

The Bobcats at this point, are worse than they were last season.

Evans < Diaw and Chandler

Calderon is not so much better than Felton to override Evans' liabilities on the offensive end, although he could be a decent rebounder and position defender.

At best, the Bobcats are no better than they were last season.

Edited by EC123, 12 July 2010 - 08:25 PM.

#127 BOBCATS_BALL!

BOBCATS_BALL!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:05 PM

Put down the crack pipe.

Chandler + Felton + Diaw > Calderon + Evans

Last I checked, Tyrus Thomas was on the team last season, regardless of whether he started or came off the bench.

The Bobcats at this point, are worse than they were last season.

Evans < Diaw and Chandler

Calderon is not so much better than Felton to override Evans' liabilities on the offensive end, although he could be a decent rebounder and position defender.

At best, the Bobcats are no better than they were last season.

I nomally dont respond to your idiotic posts ( Scola = Gortat LOL) but I will take your bait here. We didnt get TT until the last 25 games and he didnt play as much as he should have because he was learning LB's system. He is clearly better than Boris on D and his O isnt as bad as people think.

Felton IS NOT the type of PG that LB wants, he is a shot first guy who doesnt have a good shot. He was good in the clutch and won us some games on last second shots but Calderon is the superior passer and scorer. Both dont play great D but I think Calderon will learn a lot from LB.

Chandler didnt do much at all last year and if you dont remember, everyone on this board wanted him gone after all his injuries and mistakes.

So in closing, we are much better off than we were last year, esp since we get a ful season of Jack and TT, something we didnt have last year. I will go ahead and guarantee a new Bobcat single season record, probably in the mid 40's imo.

Go ahead and tell us how great Jefferson is and how everyone on this MB(except you) is stupid.

#128 Vagrant

Vagrant

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:22 PM

Calderon should be good for 10 dimes a game in this system. He's really going to be an upgrade. Especially with two slashers like Jackson and Wallace. We're going to see some sick alley's from Calderon to Wallace.

And Calderon is the first pure point we've had since Knight .... and that was way back when. He's a distributor and a creator with great vision. As clutch as Felton was at hitting those runners up the lane, he was a pretty bad shooter.

Calderon is a FAR superior player to Felton. And I love Felton's game. He was just a SG trapped in a PG body.

It's always good to add a guy who is money from the stripe too. FINALLY a dedicated technical and garbage time closer. Calderon was nearly the 6th member of the 50% - 40% - 90% club, FG% 3P% FT%, but missed it by ATTEMPTS at the stripe. Some people count him anyways since he was so close.

Since the NBA introduced the three-point field goal for the 1979-80 season, the 50-40-90 shooting threshold has only been reached by five players: Steve Nash (5 times); Larry Bird (3 times); Mark Price, Reggie Miller, and Dirk Nowitzki.

José Calderón appears on some 50-40-90 Club lists for his 52-43-91 shooting during the 2007-08 NBA season. During this season, Calderon made 109 free-throws which is 16 short of the NBA league minimum required to be considered among the leaders in this category.

#129 BOBCATS_BALL!

BOBCATS_BALL!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:25 PM

Calderon should be good for 10 dimes a game in this system. He's really going to be an upgrade. Especially with two slashers like Jackson and Wallace. We're going to see some sick alley's from Calderon to Wallace.

And Calderon is the first pure point we've had since Knight .... and that was way back when. He's a distributor and a creator with great vision. As clutch as Felton was at hitting those runners up the lane, he was a pretty bad shooter.

Calderon is a FAR superior player to Felton. And I love Felton's game. He was just a SG trapped in a PG body.

It's always good to add a guy who is money from the stripe too. FINALLY a dedicated technical and garbage time closer. Calderon was nearly the 6th member of the 50% - 40% - 90% club, FG% 3P% FT%, but missed it by ATTEMPTS at the stripe. Some people count him anyways since he was so close.

Great info and great post, I totally agree on all fronts.

#130 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,362 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:48 PM

Calderon will be good for 15 points and 9-10 assist a game in LB's system here in Charlotte. He can hit the three (something felton struggled with) He's money from the stripe and he's got great court vision as said above.

Calderon next year will avg 15.6 ppg, 9.6 apg, 2.3 rpg and 1 spg with 1.5 tpg.

#131 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,535 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:51 PM

Does anyone know when this deal will be finalized?

#132 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,535 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:59 PM

This article from the Charlotte Observer explain's quite a bit.

One source said a potential sticking point in these discussions involves financial expectations by the Raptors.

Read more: http://www.charlotte...l#ixzz0tWmputOT

It is saying the Bobcats may get Dwayne Jones to.

Bobcats (* means maybe)
PG- Jose Calderon
*PF- Dwayne Jones
*PF- Reggie Evans

Raps would get
C- Tyson Chandler
PF- Boris Diaw

Edited by CarolinaPanthers8789, 12 July 2010 - 10:04 PM.

#133 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,362 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:00 PM

Still pending league approval, however there is this tidbit from Tyson Chandler.

Charlotte Bobcats center Tyson Chandler says he's been told he's being traded to the Raptors amid a report Toronto is also poised to send Hedo Turkoglu to Phoenix.

Chandler wrote in an e-mail to The Associated Press on Monday night that his agent, Jeff Schwartz, informed him that he's being traded. A Bobcats spokesman said no deal is complete, and general manager Rod Higgins didn't return messages.

Read more: http://www.newsobser...l#ixzz0tWm3nBeX

#134 BF91

BF91

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:02 PM

Jesus H Christ, this isn't done yet?

#135 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER