Photo
- - - - -

Jazz CEO drops hint that they signed Al Jefferson

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,534 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:38 PM

With reports pointing to the Jazz being leading contenders to acquire Al Jefferson from the Wolves, Jazz CEO Greg Miller released a cryptic twitter message claiming to have approved a roster move.

"I just approved a Jazz roster move that I'm very excited about," said Miller. "Planning to share details tomorrow." Nothing is final but we doubt Miller would be going to this much trouble to announce they matched Wesley Matthews' offer sheet from Portland. Jefferson's arrival in Utah would not only hurt Mehmet Okur's stock, but Paul Millsap's as well.

Source: Jazz CEO Greg Miller on Twitter

So with Jefferson apparently going to the Jazz, what do the Bobcats do to address the center position.

#2 BF91

BF91

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:51 PM

Makes a ton of sense for the Jazz, they probably sent Boozer's trade exception to Minny to get it done. As for what we do to get a starting center, I have this feeling that they're going to do something big. Not quite sure what it will be, but MJ is going to get us a quality starting center.

#3 EC123

EC123

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 11:31 PM

So with Jefferson apparently going to the Jazz, what do the Bobcats do to address the center position.

Suck next season, like they deserve to.

As for what we do to get a starting center, I have this feeling that they're going to do something big. Not quite sure what it will be, but MJ is going to get us a quality starting center.

The only other "TRUE CENTERS" out there are scrubs. I'm sick of back ups or 'tweeners like Brad Miller.

Edited by EC123, 13 July 2010 - 12:39 AM.

#4 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 5,048 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 07:46 AM

Suck next season, like they deserve to.

The only other "TRUE CENTERS" out there are scrubs. I'm sick of back ups or 'tweeners like Brad Miller.

This is most likely while Jordan has cold feet about Chandler and may be sending Ajinca instead. Even though Chandler has his issues, a core of Nazr/Diop isn't that good, as Nazr has his share of injuries too.

#5 MrBubba

MrBubba

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,632 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 08:59 AM

Jazz continue to show why they are one of the best organizations in the NBA for decades

#6 Panthers128

Panthers128

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 10:59 AM

does anyone else think this could be why the trade for calderon is supposedly dead? maybe they were discussing with utah to trade an exception but now that jefferson isn't available they're backing out.

pure speculation

#7 Panthers128

Panthers128

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 10:59 AM

Jazz continue to show why they are one of the best organizations in the NBA for decades

True, great move by them. Jefferson will be a great replacement for Boozer.

#8 BF91

BF91

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 11:16 AM

does anyone else think this could be why the trade for calderon is supposedly dead? maybe they were discussing with utah to trade an exception but now that jefferson isn't available they're backing out.

pure speculation

I'd put money on that if its not because Jefferson is getting traded to the Jazz, that its because of a similar situation.