17 replies to this topic

#1 dixontosanders

dixontosanders

That wizard guy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 07:12 AM

Most Probably not, but if you guys have a bad season would you do the follwing.

If DeAngelo Williams shows the NFL he has yet another beast season and that there are major holes in your team would you trade him for a 1st or 2nd round pick.

He's still young and If I was a team without a running back, I would trade for Stewart.

Another 1st round draft pick would give you a lot of leniancy with your draft picks, you gan get say Marvin Austin DT and let's say Greg Romeus, of course not the sexiest of picks but it improves the defense and stops the run that much more, of course Romeus would never be as productive as Peppers but it's a deal I would do in a inconsistent division.

Of course Stewart would be missed but Williams is a beast as always, and it's fortunate it's not heard of much that you have 2 top 10 backs on the same team.

Would I do it? Probably not, not unless I'm desperate to improve the team like the Jets are trying to do because Stewart's got nice locker room swag ect.

#2 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,407 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 08:20 AM

Nope... we need both backs in our system, and JStew is the better back in my opinion anyways...

Neither will last a long time by themselves, but together, they will exponentially increase their success, as well as the length of their careers...

#3 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 7,048 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 08:44 AM

If I had to trade.It would be Dwill

#4 Doyle

Doyle

Headed to the county line

• HUDDLER
  • 6,019 posts
  • LocationRiverboat Rivera

Posted 13 July 2010 - 09:51 AM

Multiple 1st round picks is the only way I would consider it.

#5 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• HUDDLER
  • 6,030 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 10:04 AM

What good would an additional first round pick be leading into a lockout?

#6 dixontosanders

dixontosanders

That wizard guy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 10:34 AM

Ahhh I see there both precious to you guys (rightfully so), Id hate to see Dwill leave the Panthers, What good would it be? If there isn't a lockout and you get say 2 top 20 picks, then your going to get 2 very good players, the first round in next years draft will be loaded with talent.

#7 BF91

BF91

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 10:50 AM

If either of them gets traded in the near future, its going to be DeAngelo Williams. He's closer to free agency and therefore a big payday.

#8 dixontosanders

dixontosanders

That wizard guy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 10:53 AM

Yeah. Id franchise Williams and try to get a longterm deal done, It's kinda what the Steelers are gonna do with Woodley. Because Williams is pretty valuable to this team although not many other teams see that.

Didn't the Chargers try to trade for Williams? Dirty bolts, I'm glad that deal if it were true didn't go through.

#9 BF91

BF91

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 10:58 AM

I wouldn't franchise Williams. Why risk having to pay him top, and I mean TOP, dollar when we've got someone in Stewart that's just as good if not better? If we can get Williams for a fair price I'm all for it, but why pay him a ton of money if we can get good production with Stewart as the #1 back and a reliable #2?

#10 Third Degree

Third Degree

Come back soon, 89

• HUDDLER
  • 4,606 posts
  • Location704

Posted 13 July 2010 - 11:04 AM

Yeah if I had to trade one it would not be Stewart.

#11 dixontosanders

dixontosanders

That wizard guy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 11:05 AM

I wouldn't franchise Williams. Why risk having to pay him top, and I mean TOP, dollar when we've got someone in Stewart that's just as good if not better? If we can get Williams for a fair price I'm all for it, but why pay him a ton of money if we can get good production with Stewart as the #1 back and a reliable #2?

Well you kinda get a new deal done, if not you got to pay him the dollars, but man he would be worth it. How much was he payed for his 1500K 20td season?

Stewart also has an achillies problem (read somewhere don't know if it's true), don't know how bad that is for you guys but i think their both better when there with each other.

#12 DynastyRTR

DynastyRTR

newnfldraft.com writer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 13 July 2010 - 11:08 AM

yeah, if he had a pro bowl season, and the rest of the team sucks, and we have a top 5 pick so we can get Mark Ingram. other than that HELL NO.

#13 BF91

BF91

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 11:11 AM

Well you kinda get a new deal done, if not you got to pay him the dollars, but man he would be worth it. How much was he payed for his 1500K 20td season?

Stewart also has an achillies problem (read somewhere don't know if it's true), don't know how bad that is for you guys but i think their both better when there with each other.

The issue isn't whether or not Williams is worth the money when we have a more than competent replacement already in-house. Of course Williams/Stewart is going to be better than Stewart and a solid #2 back, but is the Williams/Stewart combo literally millions of dollars better than J-Stew/#2 back? I don't think it will be.

And despite Stewart's ankle problems, he's put up numbers the past two years. Its not like DeAngelo has been a model of health either.

#14 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,112 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 12:03 PM

we would not get a top 10 pick for stewart. period.

#15 RazzleDazzle

RazzleDazzle

TROLL

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 12:05 PM

I wouldn't trade either if it was up to me and they'd both be retiring as a Panther. Of course I'm not in charge of that but that is how I would do it. You should always keep your superstars.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.