93 replies to this topic

#91 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,173 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 07:40 AM

I think this is a good trade, it unloads two disappointing players and gives us 13 million in cap room or a valuable chip in the trade market. I'd rather see us use the Dampier contract as trade bait (I suspect that's the plan based on Higgins comments in the Observer) but the cap space would help us be a player in FA next year.

#92 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,364 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 07:49 AM

I think this is a good trade, it unloads two disappointing players and gives us 13 million in cap room or a valuable chip in the trade market. I'd rather see us use the Dampier contract as trade bait (I suspect that's the plan based on Higgins comments in the Observer) but the cap space would help us be a player in FA next year.

The problem is that the Bobs could have waited a year and cleared up cap space by letting Chandler's deal lapse and not had to take back on other contracts.

This makes more sense if Chandler had multiple years left on his deal.

Regardless, you have to give this grade an incomplete at this point. MJ has something else in mind.

#93 theedaddy

theedaddy

living in the present

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 09:02 PM

i still dont get this. bobs must have at-least 3 of top/bottom of the most unwanted contracts in the league.

tsyon and frenchy come off the books at seasons end, but mat and mexcian all-star are still on the books for another 3 years at 10mill(around). what a joke.

plus ive heard its all about the damp contract...........but the MUST move him and all teams know that. so this invaluable piece maybe tossed in the garbage in waviers, with nothing in return.

i know this is part of thee plan, but a chity one.

#94 cdandi1

cdandi1

Formerly JerryRich4Pres

• HUDDLER
  • 2,707 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 14 July 2010 - 09:57 PM

all the contenders in the league have three point threats...which charlotte really didn't have till carroll. Not saying hes great from 3 but our best option. Najera and Damp's contract will be dealt. Not to mention diaw and maybe augustine may be used for trade pieces as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users