Photo
- - - - -

Who Is Panicking?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Poll: Are you Panicking/Did you like the trade? (10 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you Panicking/Did you like the trade?

1. I am Panicking/I did not like the trade (1 votes [10.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

2. I am not Panicking/ I like the trade (3 votes [30.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

3. I am Panicking/ I did like the trade (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. I am not Panicking/ I did notl like the trade (6 votes [60.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,570 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 13 July 2010 - 08:31 PM

Ok the trades done as everyone know's but I wanted to see what everyone thinks about. So I have a poll for you guys and if you want, you can even leave a comment.

Go Bobcats!!!

Are you Panicking?

#2 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,380 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 13 July 2010 - 08:33 PM

There's a poll?

Not yet, But that was a bad trade.

#3 BF91

BF91

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 08:34 PM

No way. The Dampier move screams that another one is coming, and even if its not, then cutting Dampier and saving the money would be a shrewd, if unpopular, business move by MJ.

#4 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,570 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 13 July 2010 - 08:34 PM

There's a poll?

Not yet, But that was a bad trade.

Sorry now there is.

#5 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,380 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 13 July 2010 - 08:36 PM

No way. The Dampier move screams that another one is coming, and even if its not, then cutting Dampier and saving the money would be a shrewd, if unpopular, business move by MJ.

Problem was he didn't save any money - He picked up 17 million in salary over the next three years and gave up 14 over 1. That's not counting the 3 million in cash received in the trade or Dampier's contract, but at best Charlotte broke even money wise in that trade.

#6 pantherfool

pantherfool

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 08:37 PM

I voted no panic didn't like the trade. And that's how I feel if this is the only one. But I think that this is a trade that will allow us to make another trade and that one will give us what we want.

#7 pantherfool

pantherfool

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 08:39 PM

Problem was he didn't save any money - He picked up 17 million in salary over the next three years and gave up 14 over 1. That's not counting the 3 million in cash received in the trade or Dampier's contract, but at best Charlotte broke even money wise in that trade.

But that trade for Dampier gives us leverage with teams looking to dump salary THIS year. That is where we will be able to help our team.

#8 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,380 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 13 July 2010 - 08:50 PM

But that trade for Dampier gives us leverage with teams looking to dump salary THIS year. That is where we will be able to help our team.

I realize that and that part is fine..... The picking up Carrol's contract (which is horrible and is in the same boat as Diop) which is horrible. That's the part I don't like, your 3rd string SG making almost 5 million a year = ehhhhhhh.

The only way this trade even looks decent is if the cats can manage to shed Dampier for a starting quality PG that's better then Calderon as well as pick up a quality Center in some form of another.

#9 pantherfool

pantherfool

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 09:01 PM

I realize that and that part is fine..... The picking up Carrol's contract (which is horrible and is in the same boat as Diop) which is horrible. That's the part I don't like, your 3rd string SG making almost 5 million a year = ehhhhhhh.

The only way this trade even looks decent is if the cats can manage to shed Dampier for a starting quality PG that's better then Calderon as well as pick up a quality Center in some form of another.

Carrolls contract number is 4.3 mil for this year. (11.7 mil for the 3 years) We are getting cash from Dallas to help offset some of that salary. (didn't say how much but the max is 3 mil) If it's the 3 mil then that makes Carroll's salary down to less than 9 mil for 3 years. That still isn't great but it's not outrageous. (link to carrolls contract numbers) http://hoopshype.com...ries/dallas.htm

Like i've said, I don't think Dampier will be here long enough to get a uniform. I hope MJ and LB have a plan to get a PG from someone.

#10 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

• HUDDLER
  • 2,968 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 09:07 PM

Would have been nice to have done this trade before the LeBron thing and have gotten Beasley from the Heat with Dampiers money.

#11 Jackson 5

Jackson 5

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 12:14 AM

I clicked option 4 by mistake, I meant to take option 1, I was fine when I thought we had Calderon now I don't know what in the world is going on!:(

#12 rico6

rico6

Shit.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,675 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 12:53 AM

Terrible trade.

Damp's contract is the only thing appealing to other teams.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users