Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why are Gay parents always glorified as Awesome, Caring and Charming?

84 posts in this topic

Posted

At least with the growing number of gay families, soccer will finally take hold in the US like the World Cup people on here are dreaming about.

1 person likes this

Posted

Yes, cause if there's one thing millennia of parenthood have taught us, it's that you can tell what kind of person an infant will grow into.

so gays only adpot infants?

Posted

Also I watched some of the interviews with the cast and crew on Charlie Rose of that movie and I never really got the vibe that they were trying to portray gay couples as great parents. I'm pretty sure they just felt like making a movie about the complications of sperm donors.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mean that it is intended this way or that it was the focal point. Just that it's an incidental side effect.

Posted

You're right, we can't. Gays get to window shop for their kids before they buy. You think they are picking some bad apple to raise?

I'm pretty sure it's the parent's fault for raising bad apples, not the other way around.

Posted

studies show my ass

Note to Self: Avoid looking at studies

2 people like this

Posted

I'm pretty sure it's the parent's fault for raising bad apples, not the other way around.

You have the choice to adopt a baby that was born to a crack head or a baby that was born to a world class athlete or a Rhodes Scholar. Which do you choose?

Posted

on a more serious note, they aren't always glorified. they're usually just portrayed as... normal. i'm sure in this movie that you posted, they aren't going to be perfect. they'll probably have arguments and fights just like every other couple while they go through such a thing.

Posted

You have the choice to adopt a baby that was born to a crack head or a baby that was born to a world class athlete or a Rhodes Scholar. Which do you choose?

why does any of that matter? it's still dependent on how you're raised. your mother being a crackhead doesn't mean you genetically are going to have behavioral problems with some other parents.

Posted

A crack baby is kinda a heterosexual thing.

Posted

why does any of that matter? it's still dependent on how you're raised. your mother being a crackhead doesn't mean you genetically are going to have behavioral problems with some other parents.

Yea, so all these gay parents are going in and picking a kid sight unseen. OK. So now genetics don't matter? What about your whole gay is genetic argument? Are you gay because of the way your parents raised you? Because if everything depends on how you were raised, I have a whole bunch of gay friends that need to change their battle cry.

Seriously dude, get off your soapbox. I'm as pro-gay as anybody on here, but if you guys want equal treatment don't be acting all high and mighty about stuff like this. You guys can f*ck up as much as a straight couple. Wait until it becomes more mainstream, then lets talk.

Posted

I like how quickly SouthCak ends up arguing against his original "law of averages" stance.

Posted

I think you just like SouthCaque. ;)