Photo
- - - - -

Why are Gay parents always glorified as Awesome, Caring and Charming?

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#31 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,925 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 11:37 PM

on a more serious note, they aren't always glorified. they're usually just portrayed as... normal. i'm sure in this movie that you posted, they aren't going to be perfect. they'll probably have arguments and fights just like every other couple while they go through such a thing.

#32 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,925 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 11:39 PM

You have the choice to adopt a baby that was born to a crack head or a baby that was born to a world class athlete or a Rhodes Scholar. Which do you choose?

why does any of that matter? it's still dependent on how you're raised. your mother being a crackhead doesn't mean you genetically are going to have behavioral problems with some other parents.

#33 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,557 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 11:42 PM

You have the choice to adopt a baby that was born to a crack head or a baby that was born to a world class athlete or a Rhodes Scholar. Which do you choose?

A crack baby is kinda a heterosexual thing.

#34 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,232 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 13 July 2010 - 11:45 PM

why does any of that matter? it's still dependent on how you're raised. your mother being a crackhead doesn't mean you genetically are going to have behavioral problems with some other parents.

Yea, so all these gay parents are going in and picking a kid sight unseen. OK. So now genetics don't matter? What about your whole gay is genetic argument? Are you gay because of the way your parents raised you? Because if everything depends on how you were raised, I have a whole bunch of gay friends that need to change their battle cry.

Seriously dude, get off your soapbox. I'm as pro-gay as anybody on here, but if you guys want equal treatment don't be acting all high and mighty about stuff like this. You guys can f*ck up as much as a straight couple. Wait until it becomes more mainstream, then lets talk.

Edited by SouthCakPanther, 13 July 2010 - 11:48 PM.

#35 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,557 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 11:47 PM

I like how quickly SouthCak ends up arguing against his original "law of averages" stance.

#36 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

• HUDDLER
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 11:50 PM

I think you just like SouthCaque. ;)

#37 SorthNarolina

SorthNarolina

• HUDDLER
  • 6,407 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 11:54 PM

You can adopt the foresaken love child of a Olympian athlete and nuclear physicist, doesn't mean you can go on autopliot and let the kid raise himself.

If a any couple raises a child successfully it's because they were good parents not genetics.

#38 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 20,232 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 11:56 PM

I like how quickly SouthCak ends up arguing against his original "law of averages" stance.

Posted Image

#39 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 20,232 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 12:01 AM

You can adopt the foresaken love child of a Olympian athlete and nuclear physicist, doesn't mean you can go on autopliot and let the kid raise himself.

If a any couple raises a child successfully it's because they were good parents not genetics.

So if a kid has sh*tty parents, he's doomed to be a suck on society? No. Just like a kid that is raised right is not destined for greatness.

So genetic makeup means nothing now?

No more arguing that being gay is genetic then. And all you parents that have kids with autism? Don't cry, it's your fault.

Sorry, genetics do come into play.

#40 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 20,232 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 12:11 AM

Some kids are just destined to be jackasses. When we finally have more gay families to study and they start getting some of these jackasses-to-be, then the studies will be more relevant.

#41 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 20,232 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 12:33 AM

By the way rodeo, I filled out an EQ CA support form that I was handed on the sidewalk today. Just so you know where I am coming from.

#42 SorthNarolina

SorthNarolina

• HUDDLER
  • 6,407 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 12:35 AM

This is just heading in all sorts of awful directions.

Having an autistic kid is not having a bad apple or a jackass. It also does not mean your a bad parent or that you will be a bad parent.

I also don't know where your comments about genetic make-up comes from. It's totally off topic. Our genes determine our traits on all levels. Even stuff like how smart you are or how depressed you get.

Do your genes make you go out and rob liquor stores or get a masters degree? No. That's your environment, parents are a huge part of that.

For example, take two twins with Bi-polar disorder. One twin gets adopted by parents who take him/her to doctors and try to help them deal with it. The other's parents don't care and just let the twin go nuts.

They might have both been given a bit of a raw deal with their genetic side but it's the parents in the end who determine how the kid turns out.

#43 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 20,232 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 12:49 AM

Gay parents adopt. Therefore they have a certain amount of choice in who they adopt. Do you not think this skews the numbers these studies produce in their favor a bit? They most likely choose a kid without bi-polar than one with bi-polar.

My argument is against the legitimacy of these studies that conclude gay parents are better than straight parents. They should just compare gay parents to straight parents who adopted. This would be a more legit comparison.

#44 Jangler

Jangler

a head full of candy corn

• HUDDLER
  • 47,540 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 01:04 AM

because studies show that gays make better parents.

playing the gay card....shocking

#45 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,557 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 01:05 AM

Your argument is evolving to cover its baseless homophobia.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com