Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pdandy1994

CP3 Trade? It's possible

83 posts in this topic

I think we have been pwned by rumors.

Pretty much. Sure, the guys at RoF have sources telling them what's planned, but that doesn't mean it'll actually go through. We shouldn't be banking on best-case scenarios coming through, and CP3 is definitely a best-case scenario. Everyone needs to sit back, temper their expectations, and wait and see what happens.

I just don't see it happening when one of our most desirable trade pieces can't be traded for 60 days.

i gurrantee jordan is working a way to keep gerald, jax and TT in a cp3 deal. I seriously doubt we let g-force go. As everyone is taking credit for saying, (cough cough, deangelo4mvp), boris, dj, damp and a pick or two could pull of paul and maybe even okafor. and no one on here can tell me with any smarts that an Okafor and Tyrus low post wouldn't be a hell of a defensive force. and cp3 may bring to life TT's offensive capablilities..FTW!

I think we have been pwned by rumors.

:cheers2: YESSIR!

I just don't see it happening when one of our most desirable trade pieces can't be traded for 60 days.

Can still agree upon a trade, although in 60 days things can change.

i gurrantee jordan is working a way to keep gerald, jax and TT in a cp3 deal. I seriously doubt we let g-force go. As everyone is taking credit for saying, (cough cough, deangelo4mvp), boris, dj, damp and a pick or two could pull of paul and maybe even okafor. and no one on here can tell me with any smarts that an Okafor and Tyrus low post wouldn't be a hell of a defensive force. and cp3 may bring to life TT's offensive capablilities..FTW!

when did i say i was taking credit for that?

you're saying the 'Cats would suck with CP3 and no Gerald? Really? Since when did Gerald start putting up Kobe or LeBron numbers?

And im not knocking on Gerald, I love the guy to death, my favorite player, but really, I'd take a franchise PG over Wallace any day. Paul makes EVERYONE on the floor better.

But like 8789 said, we don't HAVE to get rid of Force to get CP3. A Diaw, Dampier and Augustine trade with a first rounder would be hard to pass up for NOLA in my opinion..

:hand::dita:

Been watching Wallace highlights, we gotta keep him. The guy signed and made this his home when we weren't even making the playoffs. He showed loyalty to the team that gave him a chance (unlike most players) so I hope we show him the same kind.

Been watching Wallace highlights, we gotta keep him. The guy signed and made this his home when we weren't even making the playoffs. He showed loyalty to the team that gave him a chance (unlike most players) so I hope we show him the same kind.

same here..just watched gerald's 100 best dunks and blocks..ad it was all before the 08 season. i hope he doesn't go anywhere...

Can still agree upon a trade, although in 60 days things can change.

That Can Easily Be Avoided (Especially regarding CP3's contract)

Dampier cannot be traded with another player until the 60 day period has expired, however he can be traded by himself. Luckily for the Bobcats, CP3's and Damp's contracts are very similar. All the Cats have to do is trade the pieces as individuals rather than in a big package.

1st Trade

Bobcats Receive: Chris Paul

Hornets Receive: Erick Dampier

Trade Machine gives the Bobcats +14 Wins and the Hornets -10 Wins.

2nd Trade

Bobcats Receive: Emeka Okafor

Hornets Receive: Boris Diaw, D.J. Augustin, and the Bobcats' 2011 1st and 2nd round draft picks.

Trade Machine gives the Bobcats +1 Win and the Hornets -3 Wins.

So technically the full trade would look like this...

Bobcats Receive: Chris Paul and Emeka Okafor

Hornets Receive: Erick Dampier, Boris Diaw, D.J. Augustin and the Bobcats' 2011 1st and 2nd round draft picks.

Trade Machine gives the Bobcats +15 Wins and the Hornets -13 Wins.