Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the Baron returning the Charlotte

20 posts in this topic

Posted

http://www.rufusonfire.com/2010/7/15/1572079/baron-davis-back-to-charlotte-lbs

Things that make you go hmm...

Just found this on twitter, I have no idea who these people are or how credible they are, but it sounds like an LB deal:

NBARUMORZ @NBAMVP Clippers dont need B/Davis and Bobcats want him, cause he's a veteran. would be a good fit with Larry Brown. That's their #1 option. 15 minutes ago via web in reply to NBAMVP

Posted

would luv it.

Posted

He was my favorite player back when we ( the hornets) were in the eastern semifinals vs. Milwaukee. I went to all 3 of the home games that series and I just knew we were going to the east finals.

Posted

how old is he?

Posted

I used to love to watch Baron play and think he would fit here with our other vets ( Jack and Crash) but that contract is a monster. Nearly 15 mil in 2012-2013. That's crazzzy.

We would have to get more than just Baron in return or not give up any of our main pieces. I would do it if we can move the salaries of Diaw, TC, and Dampier.

PG- Baron

SG- Jack

SF- Crash

PF- TT

C- ???????

I like that team but if we move both TC and Damp we will need to get a Center somehow.

Posted

I used to love to watch Baron play and think he would fit here with our other vets ( Jack and Crash) but that contract is a monster. Nearly 15 mil in 2012-2013. That's crazzzy.

We would have to get more than just Baron in return or not give up any of our main pieces. I would do it if we can move the salaries of Diaw, TC, and Dampier.

PG- Baron

SG- Jack

SF- Crash

PF- TT

C- ???????

I like that team but if we move both TC and Damp we will need to get a Center somehow.

Chris Kaman

Posted

Chris Kaman

I would poo my pants, doubt it would happen but that's pretty much the dream trade scenario

Posted

PG- Baron

SG- Jack

SF- Crash

PF- TT

C- ???????

Chandler has already been traded to Dallas.

Posted

I was a huge Baron fan but no thanks. He has a big contract and he is getting past his prime.

Posted

I was a huge Baron fan but no thanks. He has a big contract and he is getting past his prime.

This.

To justify taking on BD's salary, Bobs would have to get back a promising young player (AFA) and a solid vet on a good contract.

Posted

Don't like it as a plan A. Don't like it as a plan B, either. But if it comes down to trading for Baron Davis or having Augustin/One Knee playing the point, then I'll take him.

Posted

Baron doesnt fit LB's style of pg but he is a veteran. Baron can get his points but takes alot of shots. Loved him back in the Hornet days. Didnt Baron and Jax have issues when playing with the Warriors?