bLACKpANTHER

º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,004 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 10:26 AM

http://www.rufusonfi...o-charlotte-lbs

Things that make you go hmm...

Just found this on twitter, I have no idea who these people are or how credible they are, but it sounds like an LB deal:

NBARUMORZ @NBAMVP Clippers dont need B/Davis and Bobcats want him, cause he's a veteran. would be a good fit with Larry Brown. That's their #1 option. 15 minutes ago via web in reply to NBAMVP

#2 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,198 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 16 July 2010 - 10:28 AM

would luv it.

#3 BOBCATS_BALL!

BOBCATS_BALL!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 10:36 AM

He was my favorite player back when we ( the hornets) were in the eastern semifinals vs. Milwaukee. I went to all 3 of the home games that series and I just knew we were going to the east finals.

#4 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,993 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 10:37 AM

how old is he?

#5 mick eye

mick eye

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 10:44 AM

I used to love to watch Baron play and think he would fit here with our other vets ( Jack and Crash) but that contract is a monster. Nearly 15 mil in 2012-2013. That's crazzzy.
We would have to get more than just Baron in return or not give up any of our main pieces. I would do it if we can move the salaries of Diaw, TC, and Dampier.

PG- Baron
SG- Jack
SF- Crash
PF- TT
C- ???????
I like that team but if we move both TC and Damp we will need to get a Center somehow.

#6 bLACKpANTHER

bLACKpANTHER

º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º

• HUDDLER
  • 3,004 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 11:06 AM

I used to love to watch Baron play and think he would fit here with our other vets ( Jack and Crash) but that contract is a monster. Nearly 15 mil in 2012-2013. That's crazzzy.
We would have to get more than just Baron in return or not give up any of our main pieces. I would do it if we can move the salaries of Diaw, TC, and Dampier.

PG- Baron
SG- Jack
SF- Crash
PF- TT
C- ???????
I like that team but if we move both TC and Damp we will need to get a Center somehow.

Chris Kaman

#7 RedMage138

RedMage138

YES!YES!YES!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 11:22 AM

Chris Kaman

I would poo my pants, doubt it would happen but that's pretty much the dream trade scenario

#8 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,322 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 11:44 AM

PG- Baron
SG- Jack
SF- Crash
PF- TT
C- ???????

Chandler has already been traded to Dallas.

#9 Britneck

Britneck

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 12:37 PM

I was a huge Baron fan but no thanks. He has a big contract and he is getting past his prime.

#10 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,375 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 12:39 PM

I was a huge Baron fan but no thanks. He has a big contract and he is getting past his prime.

This.

To justify taking on BD's salary, Bobs would have to get back a promising young player (AFA) and a solid vet on a good contract.

#11 BF91

BF91

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 12:57 PM

Don't like it as a plan A. Don't like it as a plan B, either. But if it comes down to trading for Baron Davis or having Augustin/One Knee playing the point, then I'll take him.

#12 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

• HUDDLER
  • 3,249 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 01:44 PM

Baron doesnt fit LB's style of pg but he is a veteran. Baron can get his points but takes alot of shots. Loved him back in the Hornet days. Didnt Baron and Jax have issues when playing with the Warriors?

#13 BF91

BF91

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 01:47 PM

Baron doesnt fit LB's style of pg but he is a veteran. Baron can get his points but takes alot of shots. Loved him back in the Hornet days. Didnt Baron and Jax have issues when playing with the Warriors?

I think their issues in Golden State had a lot to do with the fact that both are notorious for bitching when they're on bad teams.

#14 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,011 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 16 July 2010 - 01:52 PM

I don't know how people are saying he doesn't fit Larry Brown's system when he averages 15 points, 8 assists, and 2 steals a game. He would be perfect here except for the fact that he is 31 years old and doesn't have much gas left in the tank.

I don't want him because ever since he left Charlotte he felt the need to become a bad@ss. Players throwing up gang signals and elbowing players is not what the Cats need.

Edited by CarolinaPanthers8789, 16 July 2010 - 01:55 PM.

#15 BF91

BF91

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 01:59 PM

I don't know how people are saying he doesn't fit Larry Brown's system when he averages 15 points, 8 assists, and 2 steals a game. He would be perfect here except for the fact that he is 31 years old and doesn't have much gas left in the tank.

Pretty much this. He isn't a high percentage shooter, but neither was Felton and we made the playoffs with him at the point. He's a much better passer, which LB will love. He's not the defender Felton is, but its not to the point where he's a liability. He comes with problems though. He is on the wrong side of 30, has some injury concerns, a bad contract, and has been known to occasionally be a malcontent.

Like I said earlier, he wouldn't be my first choice, nor my second. But if it came down to either him or what we currently have? Sign me up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users