• Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

#91 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:38 AM

Not really. There is no illness that will create more calories than you can burn. Some diseases do slow your metabolism, but that only means you need not eat as much.

The gastric bypass works in 100% of patients. Everyone loses weight. Not because some disease is cured, but because it forces people to stop eating. People should skip the surgery, and just do the diet you have to do after the surgery and they would get the exact same result.

#92 RazzleDazzle

RazzleDazzle

TROLL

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:40 AM

I like boobs and ass, boobs and ass.

#93 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,942 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:46 AM

I can only agree with 50% of what you are saying Zodllian Michaels.

I fall into the category that you speak of and have been slowly adjusting my diet and excercise regime. Calories in vs calories out. Works for me and I'm not killing myself on a diet and eat what I want but smaller portions. Nothing pisses me off more to see someone borderline diabetic easting poo that will eventually kill them.

That being said some people have a mental disorder ie a food addiction not self control issues. Just like drugs,smoking, sex, and a long list of other vices people can be addicted to anything. Some find comfort in food and it fills an emotion like drugs, sex, alcohol.

#94 Khyber53

Khyber53

I'm a believer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:13 AM

Yeah, food is the tough one. You can't just completely give it up and walk away. And food brings with it a ton of other issues (no pun intended) beyond just calories and content.

We are a society of wealth beyond any idea of wealth held before. Part of that wealth is shown in our access to, and variety of, food. We eat it, we celebrate it, we waste it, we sell it, we advertise it, we give it away. It is ingrained into our society like no other society before ours -- no one has ever had the access to cheap, easy, plentiful food that we do.

And so we overindulge to the point where gluttony becomes standard fare, the regular day to day eating mantra. Three solid meals a day is what we all expect along with snacks and treats whenever we want. Now, couple it with our instant gratification mindset and the science of marketing.

You're going to create porkers like me. Add in 300 TV channels, computer games, air conditioning and a whole host of things that are more fun than going outside and exercising and well, you get the picture.

I'm immensely fat. I don't have a disease. I don't have a condition.

What I do have, however, is a problem telling myself no.

I'm getting over that.

#95 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,556 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:19 AM

Eating healthy is expensive. Our grocery bill has more than doubled.

I don't know that it's expensive, it's just that eating junk is just so cheap. I can go grab a Frozen Pizza for $2.88 at the grocery store.

What's sad is that has a lot to do with how the large agricultural companies have gotten such generous subsidies while small farmers have been subjected to market forces.

#96 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:20 AM

Its good you are working on it and you recognize its a problem. Thats not why I started this thread.

I am afraid that its becoming acceptable and a social norm to be obese. Thats not a good thing.

#97 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,942 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:22 AM

I'm obese on the bball courts...wat wat

#98 The Saltman

The Saltman

I am always watching so make sure you keep your clothes on

• Moderators
  • 24,949 posts
  • LocationAtlanta,GA

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:29 AM

My mom did the gastric bypass thing. its not as safe as everyone makes it out to be. She was bedridden for a while then she got a blood clot that went to her lung...lets just say everything worked out in the end. But it was really scary seeing my mom in the hospital for almost 6 months..

Edited by Saltman, 20 July 2010 - 10:33 AM.

#99 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:32 AM

I like boobs and ass, boobs and ass.

mention boobs and ass and get pie from biscuit and salty....all is right in the world today!

#100 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:06 AM

If it's as easy as you say it is, Zod, why did Hurley stay obese on LOST?

#101 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:21 AM

I don't know that it's expensive, it's just that eating junk is just so cheap. I can go grab a Frozen Pizza for $2.88 at the grocery store.

What's sad is that has a lot to do with how the large agricultural companies have gotten such generous subsidies while small farmers have been subjected to market forces.

it's significantly more expensive if you all you eat is preprepared food. Which is what most americans eat. which is most of the problem.

#102 The Saltman

The Saltman

I am always watching so make sure you keep your clothes on

• Moderators
  • 24,949 posts
  • LocationAtlanta,GA

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:23 AM

as long as you dont shop at whole foods exclusively it isnt that hard to shop healthy and cheap if you know what to get.

#103 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:25 AM

very true.

#104 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,943 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:38 AM

i think this all started because of the unrealistic expectations that the American work ethic imposes. get up at 6am, go to work, don't slack, get home at dark. Joe Hamburger wants to get home and collapse on the couch with the tv and doesn't want to go stand in the kitchen after he works all day.

people don't eat fast food because it's cheap, because it's not anymore. they eat it for the convenience.

i've had a fantasy of opening a fast food drive thru place that serves fresh ingredient healthy sandwiches. whole grains, fresh veggies, no HFCS. i think people would absolutely flock to such a thing. i may actually try to do it if things go well in Huntsville.

it may have to cost more to have fresh ingredients, but again, a lot of people eat fast food for the convenience, not the cheapness. they already pay 7 bucks for a big mac combo, or friggin 12 bucks for a Hardees thickburger combo. they'd pay 9 or 10 for a healthier option that was just as fast.

That excuse is total Bullshit.

I would buy the convenience factor 5-10 years ago...but not today. Hell, even McD, Wendy's, etc.. have salads and healthy food on their menus. You could just as easily order that than a Triple with Cheese.

People eat that poo because they like it.

People need to stop blaming someone or something else for their shortcomings....take some damn accountability in your life for a change.

#105 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:41 AM

If it's as easy as you say it is, Zod, why did Hurley stay obese on LOST?

Where do you think the 50 other survivors ended up?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com