Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Passing up a player, your franchise regretted

32 posts in this topic

Posted

2001 the eagles took freddie mitchell over chad johnson, reggie wayne, chris chambers and steve smith.

Posted

We could have had Steve Smith (NYG) instead of DJ.

In 2006 we could have had Marques Colston...rd.7 so take your pick on that one...

Posted

If only it was this simple! haha Certain guys just fit better in certain systems and that's often why they succeed some places and might not succeed others. This especially holds true with picks late into the draft.

Posted

i doubt freddie mitchell would fit in any team's scheme.

Posted

I never regretted picking up Deshaun Foster or Biakabatuka. They were great guys with lots of talent but injuries stole their career. I wouldn't blame them for not panning out.

Posted

I never regretted picking up Deshaun Foster or Biakabatuka. They were great guys with lots of talent but injuries stole their career. I wouldn't blame them for not panning out.

Foster's failure was also in part to their trying to make him into a power back when he really wasn't.

Posted

Ah hell, hindsight is always 20/20. Every team misses some picks, it's just the way things go. It's difficult to forecast how skills will translate to the next level, whether the guy is mentally and emotionally capable of handling the pressure of the NFL, whether he's just a big fish in a small pond at the college level and won't be the same once the talent pool rises around him, how the money will impact him, etc. There are just too many variables. That's why there will always be busts and at the same time, there will always be late round and UFA gems.

Posted

Warren Sapp instead of Kerry Collins

Then we get Kordell Stewart in 2nd

I think that would've been nice