Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gantt says Peppers is probably on the way out

133 posts in this topic

Posted

Peppers

Just as I have suspected... I think Pep was hoping for us to go all the way this year, and if we did, he'd give us a chance. We didn't and now he's looking to go to a consistent winner or big market. The article doesn't say that, but that's what I've always felt. I'm just ready to see what we can get out of the picks for him because if he wanted to stay he would've already made that clear. Dickhead...

Posted

adios. I wish him well but he isn't worth the investment now. He is invisible at key moments too often now.

Posted

I hope we at least franchise him and trade him. Try to get a first rounder back or something.

Posted

Julius Peppers;

On head coach John Fox's message to the team after the game: It's been a great season. Again, we would have liked to have gone further and accomplished more goals, but it didn't happen. Next year you've just got to see if you can get some of those things corrected and win the ultimate goal.

On if there need to be fundamental changes to the team: No. This is the right team. This is a great bunch of guys. There's a lot of talent in here. Young guys, old guys. The right people in the locker room. Today it was just a bad day. If we play that team tomorrow or we had played them yesterday it may have been a different outcome, but today they were the better team.

http://www.panthers.com/Gameday/Default.aspx?id=43360

Posted

I'd like 2 first rounders for him

Posted

honestly I would not cry if we traded him for a 1st round pick.

Posted

Is Peppers worth $100 million.

If we can get picks for him, let him go. He's going to be 30. Is he a force, sure, when he wants to be.

We need draft picks and cap room.

Sometimes, i wish the Panthers would follow the Patriots, when a 'star' hits 30, send him on his way. Let some other team deal with the cap hit.

Posted

He isn't worth the money it will take to re-sign him. He will demand a boat load on the open market. I say franchise him and get the first rounder + More for him. Hopefully it is an AFC Team. Maybe Oakland :-)

Posted

After all this talk of continuity, it's not outside the realm of possibility that both Peppers and Delhomme will be gone next season.

Posted

Sometimes, i wish the Panthers would follow the Patriots, when a 'star' hits 30, send him on his way. Let some other team deal with the cap hit.

If we had the patriots coaching that would be a great plan.

Posted

We have plenty of cap room to sign Pep and Gross if we want to...

Posted

Is Peppers worth $100 million.

If we can get picks for him, let him go. He's going to be 30. Is he a force, sure, when he wants to be.

We need draft picks and cap room.

BINGO. The Pats, Eagles and Steelers are the best at that.

Funny how they are always good.