• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Proudiddy

Gantt says Peppers is probably on the way out

wow,it's funny how some of you are ready to take a bullet for jake even after his 5 int game,but as soon as pep doesn't get 8 sacks in a game your ready for him to go.

pack jake up and ship him out,the cards had great field position the whole game.

plus there was pressure around the edges but warner was able to step up,get us a pass rushing dt.and when the game was over(end of the first quarter) the cards started running the ball.

how can u tell anything from that interview?

I think there is a clear emphasis by Fox on "the business part of it." Which is usually alluded to when a player has left or is leaving.

Pep might not like the way he is being used in our scheme....

He might want to be in a 3-4?

who knows?

This is gonna be interesting... I hope it doesnt get ugly.

He's not. I don't ever like to name names in posts like this, but I can state for a fact that Pep told a team doctor last season that he doesn't have respect for [the coaching staff]. That last part is scewed contextually. I can't figure if he means play calling, a coach himself, or what. But he DID say that. Not to the press mind you. This was before LAST season also.

He's not. I don't ever like to name names in posts like this, but I can state for a fact that Pep told a team doctor last season that he doesn't have respect for [the coaching staff]. That last part is scewed contextually. I can't figure if he means play calling, a coach himself, or what. But he DID say that. Not to the press mind you. This was before LAST season also.

Which falls into line with my feeling that he hasn't wanted to be here the last 2 seasons or so. Perhaps Fox is being forced to make a decision between keeping Turdo or Pep, b/c Pep doesn't want to play for him.

If Peppers leaves our defense will be one of the worst defenses in the league next year. He's the only one that can get pressure on the quarterback, even while getting double teamed.

Mark it down...if Peppers goes our defense will be one of the ten worst defenses in the league.

We were damn near the bottom ten worst defenses this year. The cards game, the lions would have beat us at home.

Which falls into line with my feeling that he hasn't wanted to be here the last 2 seasons or so. Perhaps Fox is being forced to make a decision between keeping Turdo or Pep, b/c Pep doesn't want to play for him.

Well by all means then fire Turdo...

More fuel to the fire:

On Sunday morning, Peppers talked about his future.

"I want to win a Super Bowl," Peppers said. "That is the ultimate goal in this game. That is why we play. I want to be on a great team and be around great guys in a great organization. It's not about money. It's not about any of that kind of stuff. It's about being happy."

Link

This pisses me off a little. So we're not that organization? We don't have the potential to be?

More fuel to the fire:

Link

This pisses me off a little. So we're not that organization? We don't have the potential to be?

Wait, don't twist his words. Maybe he meant that's what he wants when he signs, be it our team or somewhere else. Peppers has never been a type of guy to diss his team in the public, I doubt he'd start now. You realize his agent may have told him to start dropping hints so the fanbase panics and we drop a bomb of a contract? It's possible.

"I want to win a Super Bowl," Peppers said. "That is the ultimate goal in this game. That is why we play. I want to be on a great team and be around great guys in a great organization. It's not about money. It's not about any of that kind of stuff. It's about being happy."

I think that you can take this comment either way... he wasn't clear whether he was saying he wants to GO somewhere where this is the case, or whether he wants to STAY here because that is already the case here. Based on some of his other comments, I think he thinks that's the case here, he likes his teammates, etc., but I don't know that for fact.

Peppers

Just as I have suspected... I think Pep was hoping for us to go all the way this year, and if we did, he'd give us a chance. We didn't and now he's looking to go to a consistent winner or big market. The article doesn't say that, but that's what I've always felt. I'm just ready to see what we can get out of the picks for him because if he wanted to stay he would've already made that clear. Dickhead...

As sad as it would be to see Peppers in another uni, I honestly can't say that I blame him if this is true. Our defensvie playcalling is atrocious and soft. Peppers has very little help on the DL, is underutilized in the current scheme and we don't even understand the concept of "team defense". As long as Fox and Trgo are here, things won't change. Couple that with an offense that has an erratic QB and is inconsistent and if I were Pep, this would give me reason to look at my other options.

At the end of the day, this is a business, and I don't blame Pep for making the best "business" decision for his long-term success. JMO

Maybe keeping Fox around will make Peppers want to leave. Maybe that will play a part in this.

losing peppers is not a option..there is no way to replace him..this year he was the best player on the d-line....even when other players got sacks it was normally cause of something peppers did...i am saddened by this if true