Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gantt says Peppers is probably on the way out

133 posts in this topic

Posted

Peppers knows his potential....which is why I think he wants out. The defensive schemes Fox runs in Carolina isn't allowing Peppers to peak. Our defense under Fox has always been conservative and unimaginative.

Agreed, I really do think he wants to be in a 3-4, because I think he would excel in the same type of role Porter or Ware has. If it is a matter of him being unhappy with the system, you know my stance. I'd gladly dump Turdo and revamp the whole defensive system to a 3-4... But, I'm not sure that Fox being a 4-3 guy himself would be willing.

Posted

I REALLY dont want him to leave personally. But Now I am getting to the point that if he wants to walk then let him walk. He may feel like his duty here is done. I hope he stays but they will continue to be a team whether he is there or not. So I am setting myself up to think he is leaving so if he does...it wont hurt AS much...lol

Posted

Hopefully firing Turdo would help.

Posted

Peppers isn't going to play anywhere other than Carolina... Wait and see...

Posted

I REALLY dont want him to leave personally. But Now I am getting to the point that if he wants to walk then let him walk. He may feel like his duty here is done. I hope he stays but they will continue to be a team whether he is there or not. So I am setting myself up to think he is leaving so if he does...it wont hurt AS much...lol

Letting him go would hurt us alot.

Posted

You dont make AP All-Pro teams based on name.

We'll just have to disagree.

Posted

If 14.5 sacks this year is not enough to satisfy those that want Peppers gone, nothing will. I honestly dont know what it will take for you guys to realize that he is still one of the great defensive players we've ever had. Taking plays off? Not reaching his potential? Give me a f*cking break. If that were true, he wouldnt have been selected to his 3rd All-Pro team this year. Geez, a guy has 1 bad year in 2007 and there are still people wanting to get rid of him and saying his inconsistant. Bullsh*t! this year he returned to his normal 10+ sack self. Really, I dont know what games some of you have been watching all year. Getting rid of Peppers will be a HUGE mistake.

I don't think it is a matter of people be dissatisfied with Pep...in my mind he is unquestionably the most talented defensive player in the league. However, why should we pay a guy 80 million bucks to let the defense as a whole be one of the bottom 15-32 in the league?? One player doesn't make a defense...a unit working together makes a defense. I don't think the steelers have a guy on their entire roster that makes more than 40 millions bucks (Polamalu makes 37 I think) and they are the best D in the league. Why pay one guy double that amount when we are consistently out of the top 10?? It doesn't make sense...schemes work better than individual players.

Posted

We'll just have to disagree.

They've been doing it since football began. The oldest organization today that does it. They get it right.

Posted

How high of a pick do you think we could get for him? Top 15 pick? That'd be nice.

Posted

Gantt and Steve Reed both read his comments as hinting that he was on his way out.

I've read them over a couple of times, and I just don't get that sense from them.

He might indeed be, but to me those comments were straight out of the John Fox School of How to Say Absolutely Nothing.

Posted

They've been doing it since football began. The oldest organization today that does it. They get it right.

So you honestly believe Jordan gross is an all-pro LT? Please say yes and make me laugh.

Posted

How high of a pick do you think we could get for him? Top 15 pick? That'd be nice.

Maybe we could with Delhomme instead.