132 replies to this topic

#16 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 02:38 PM

If Peppers leaves our defense will be one of the worst defenses in the league next year. He's the only one that can get pressure on the quarterback, even while getting double teamed.

Mark it down...if Peppers goes our defense will be one of the ten worst defenses in the league.

#17 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 02:39 PM

Franchise him and get 1st round picks for him. I'll take that over having Peppers on this team next year.

#18 CWalker4205

CWalker4205

Voltron

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 11 January 2009 - 02:39 PM

If we got rid of Pep an Jake's salary we could make huge FA signings...but it won't happen

#19 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,175 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 02:47 PM

If we franchise him, I bet his stats go down. Just by what HE said...he doesn't want to be here.

#20 AZPanther

AZPanther

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 02:48 PM

Wow!!! I love how I posted about Peppers lack of effort about 5 weeks ago and got shredded on this board. Once again a no show. Peppers puts pressure on quaterbacks??? Show me more than the the 14.5 sacks he has this year. All but 1 didnt really have an effect on the game. Last year John Fox said his position is more than just sacks. Its the other things he does. Well this year they are going to say "Look how many sacks he has" to justify paying him. I agree that he is a physical talent but look at Jared Allen play and the pressure he puts on the ball and quarterback every play. I will take that anyday.

And by the way. For all those saying "Peps gets double teamed every play" and the best "he gets held every play" save it. I watch the games and watch just him on plays. He gets shoved around by rookie linemen all the time.

Good guy. Great talent and he will probably be outstanding if we lose him but if we can get some draft picks for him then so be it......

#21 panthersphan

panthersphan

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,478 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 11 January 2009 - 02:50 PM

If Peppers leaves our defense will be one of the worst defenses in the league next year. He's the only one that can get pressure on the quarterback, even while getting double teamed.

Mark it down...if Peppers goes our defense will be one of the ten worst defenses in the league.

Did you watch the game?

Pep didn't do anything...besides the play at the beginning.

Brayton was putting pressure on Warner, even Johnson did...Pep...not at all.

#22 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

• HUDDLER
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 02:50 PM

Best case...franchse Pep, then a sucky team signs him, we get their picks and either go with one of the new young QBs coming into the league or go defense and use Peps free money to sign Cassel away from the Patriots.

#23 The Answer

The Answer

Don't panic, it's organic

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 02:55 PM

Pep goes or stays.
Jake stays.

I love how you guys think anything will be any different with this same staff.
It wont, we had the intangibles this year, and they will be picked apart. Blame coaching,blame jake.

#24 WUTKE

WUTKE

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 02:58 PM

I thought they already franchised Gross. Jake will stay due to convenience and knowing the system

#25 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 02:58 PM

Did you watch the game?

Pep didn't do anything...besides the play at the beginning.

Brayton was putting pressure on Warner, even Johnson did...Pep...not at all.

No I didn't watch the game, not any...ever. If you guys are comfortable with our defensive line without Peppers, then more power to you. I'm just telling you what I think is going to happen if we let him go. Brayton and Johnson rarely get double teamed on passing downs. When was the last time you saw a team keep in a back to chip on Brayton or Johnson?

#26 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,633 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 02:59 PM

Jake will be here. Pep won't. We supposedly offered him all we could and it's been on the table, he hasn't accepted. He doesn't want to be here. So let's franchise him trade him out of the conference and get a quality replacement with the picks.

And I think he's worth more than Jared Allen because of his athleticism and coverage skills.

#27 charlottenian

charlottenian

• HUDDLER
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 03:00 PM

If he or Trgovac need help packing, I am available today

Posted Image

#28 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

• HUDDLER
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 03:01 PM

How much will Cassel get in the FA market?

#29 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

shitpost around the clock

• HUDDLER
  • 9,300 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 11 January 2009 - 03:02 PM

If Peppers doesn't want to hang and we do wind up having to rebuild the defensive line, we could do a lot worse than several draft picks or even more than one first round pick. There are FOs out there that would deal us that for Peppers.

#30 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,633 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 03:03 PM

No I didn't watch the game, not any...ever. If you guys are comfortable with our defensive line without Peppers, then more power to you. I'm just telling you what I think is going to happen if we let him go. Brayton and Johnson rarely get double teamed on passing downs. When was the last time you saw a team keep in a back to chip on Brayton or Johnson?

I want him here... But if he doesn't want to be here, and money obviously isn't the issue, we can't do anything about it. So, I'm just saying where do we go from here, what do we get in return?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.