Posted 11 January 2009 - 03:04 PM

ill take him opposite joey porter :)

#32 grateflday

grateflday

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 03:05 PM

No I didn't watch the game, not any...ever. If you guys are comfortable with our defensive line without Peppers, then more power to you. I'm just telling you what I think is going to happen if we let him go. Brayton and Johnson rarely get double teamed on passing downs. When was the last time you saw a team keep in a back to chip on Brayton or Johnson?

The Pep being double teamed all the time is a myth. It is not true. Plus, if you want to even give Pep that arguement - all the top DE in the league are doubled yet seem to create more havic, and dominate on a much more consistent basis.

I think alot of us fans are not saying Peppers is not a good player and we would want him on the team. The problem is the kind of money he is going to demand.

I do feel that the coaching and scheme is part of the problem. I would prefer a much more aggressive overall style then this bend dont break, soft zone, cushion crap.

#33 Cavscout

Cavscout

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts

Peppers stopped playing well last year as to not get hurt going into his contract year this year

All of a sudden he has 14 sacks during a contract year

Next year he will have the cash and revert to playing like last year

Get rid of him and his salary and get some DE's and DT's that want to be here and can actually rush the passer and stop the run...oh, another QB would be nice too!

#34 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,668 posts

I want him here... But if he doesn't want to be here, and money obviously isn't the issue, we can't do anything about it. So, I'm just saying where do we go from here, what do we get in return?

Hey if Peppers doesn't want to be here, then I say we get as much as we can for him. I don't know Peppers personally so I don't know what he wants to do. But if he does want to leave then that tells me more about his opinion of the coaching staff than anything else.

#35 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 03:07 PM

The Pep being double teamed all the time is a myth. It is not true. Plus, if you want to even give Pep that arguement - all the top DE in the league are doubled yet seem to create more havic, and dominate on a much more consistent basis.

I think alot of us fans are not saying Peppers is not a good player and we would want him on the team. The problem is the kind of money he is going to demand.

I do feel that the coaching and scheme is part of the problem. I would prefer a much more aggressive overall style then this bend dont break, soft zone, cushion crap.

You hit the nail on the head in the latter part of your post. The problem isn't Pep, it's the scheme. You put Pep in with a good defensive coordinator and he will tear poo up.

#36 Phinisher

Phinisher

The Huddles Reckoning

• HUDDLER
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationRain Tree

Hey if Peppers doesn't want to be here, then I say we get as much as we can for him. I don't know Peppers personally so I don't know what he wants to do. But if he does want to leave then that tells me more about his opinion of the coaching staff than anything else.

this is what we were all saying last year about jason taylor....if he didnt wanna be there we didnt want him....well we got rid of him at the perfect time, getting a 2nd round pick for a 35 yr old twilight DEnd....perfect move, and i couldnt be happier about it!

#37 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

• HUDDLER
  • 2,831 posts

I like Pep but he doesnt bring it every game nor every season. He is in no way worth the money he will get. He hasnt been the same since he got caught taking supplements.

#38 Cpt slay a ho

Cpt slay a ho

A guy with a dyed mohawk

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

wow,it's funny how some of you are ready to take a bullet for jake even after his 5 int game,but as soon as pep doesn't get 8 sacks in a game your ready for him to go.

pack jake up and ship him out,the cards had great field position the whole game.
plus there was pressure around the edges but warner was able to step up,get us a pass rushing dt.and when the game was over(end of the first quarter) the cards started running the ball.

#39 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 03:09 PM

this is what we were all saying last year about jason taylor....if he didnt wanna be there we didnt want him....well we got rid of him at the perfect time, getting a 2nd round pick for a 35 yr old twilight DEnd....perfect move, and i couldnt be happier about it!

Taylors best years were already behind him, whereas Pep is still in his prime. Totally different situations.

#40 Mattiekrome

Mattiekrome

The Feast... Is Mine

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 03:10 PM

And I think he's worth more than Jared Allen because of his athleticism and coverage skills.

Jared Allen made 21.1 mill + this year, Pep made 11.7

#41 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,210 posts

That's what I'm saying. It is deeper than the money because IIRC I read somewhere before that the Panthers were offering a contract of EPIC proportions to him and he hasn't signed off. That tells me he has a problem with the staff/organization.

I think he wants to go somewhere where he'll have the spotlight and have a chance to compete consistently every year, which we haven't presented him. I'm guessing Cowboys, Patriots, New York, Philly, etc.

It pisses me off that our season ended the way it did because I don't foresee an easy going personnel-wise the next few months... which would translate to a rough season.

#42 Phinisher

Phinisher

The Huddles Reckoning

• HUDDLER
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationRain Tree

Taylors best years were already behind him, whereas Pep is still in his prime. Totally different situations.

he was the DPOTY the season before....how do you figure?

#43 eaton_branden1

eaton_branden1

Either play or get played

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 03:12 PM

I like Pep but if he doesn't want to be here do what Zod suggested pick up a DT & QB. Than try to land Nnamdi somehow we need a player that is feared in the secondary.

#44 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • 8,669 posts

The reason why I DONT WANT to let go of Pep is that I'm just scared if we do, he just go off some other place and just beast

I also look back and not like the idea a lot of moving Pep to RE. He had a few sacks and multiple pressure from LE. Moving him around got him some sacks too. Just further proves he would EXCEL in a 3-4. But we got Johnson now, somebody who I think can provide pressure to help Pep

If we trade him, a first rounder isn't enough. It's best if we just franchise him and dont have to go through that

#45 grateflday

grateflday

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts

wow,it's funny how some of you are ready to take a bullet for jake even after his 5 int game,but as soon as pep doesn't get 8 sacks in a game your ready for him to go.

pack jake up and ship him out,the cards had great field position the whole game.
plus there was pressure around the edges but warner was able to step up,get us a pass rushing dt.and when the game was over(end of the first quarter) the cards started running the ball.

This is a thread about Peppers, his contract status and where that is all heading. There are plenty of other threads were we are bashing Jake for his performance last night.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.