Photo
- - - - -

Carolina Panthers Close to Signing Terrell Owens????

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#31 DynastyRTR

DynastyRTR

newnfldraft.com writer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 21 July 2010 - 02:19 PM

it could be good, or really bad. bad if he becomes a distraction like he was in Dallas...good if he and Smitty can get along and help teach/progress LaFell and Edwards.

#32 The Other Colbert

The Other Colbert

new

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 03:15 PM

After reading the article, I can tell this is ridiculous speculation. The writer had nothing to go on besides Beason's apology.

I thought the organization made a point by drafting many WRs... I don't see them signing T.O. to a one year.

But the front office is becoming a little more open minded to making moves like this. I hope not.

#33 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,439 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 03:15 PM

so I guess credible sources no longer exist...

#34 The Other Colbert

The Other Colbert

new

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 03:17 PM

so I guess credible sources no longer exist...

Is it your own credible source?

#35 Guest_PA Panther_*

Guest_PA Panther_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2010 - 03:25 PM

The ONLY way I could see this happening is IF Smitty were to go down for a significant period of time and Foxxy does not have faith in the Wide Receiver core that we have.

#36 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 21 July 2010 - 03:30 PM

i think he would be a great addition to the offense. the only thing i am worried about is that our QBs dont have enough experience to know how to deal with a selfish receiver.

it would be awesome if we could sign him with a clause that says if he causes any trouble in the locker-room whatsoever, that he gets automatically cut, with no pay gaunteed. of course he wouldnt sign something like that though

#37 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,439 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 03:36 PM

Is it your own credible source?

:confused:

#38 Mattiekrome

Mattiekrome

The Feast... Is Mine

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 03:46 PM

Quite intriguing. He's lost a step, definitely not the threat that he used to be, but at least he knows what he's doing out there. Moore is going to need someone with a little experience to throw at.

I'd say 1 year him, as long as foxy can make him understand that the diva attitude is checked at the door.

#39 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,823 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 03:58 PM

This thread is a joke.

#40 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,439 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 03:59 PM

im going to say this one last time, and afterward i will never speak on this subject again:

Terrell E. Owens will NEVER, EVER, NEVER be a Carolina Panther. Ever, in or after life, infinity...

#41 mountainpantherfan

mountainpantherfan

In Honor of Sam Mills

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 04:04 PM

Well, we are not on a Super Bowl or even a playoffs push at this moment. Fox might be but Hurney and Richardson isn't. So to bring him in would be for one reason and one reason only, to help your young QBs. Yes, TO has been a QB's nightmare in the past off the field and on the sidelines but he has also been a QB's saving grace on the field.

Jarrett is not going to be a safety valve by no means, neither will any other WR. Smitty will get doubled more often than not. The TEs are okay but are not "go to" like a Clark or Witten. And while Williams and Stewart can catch out of the backfield, it's best if the majority of their touches came more from running the ball and not a 50/50 split like Westbrook endured in Philly with McNabb.

Even if TO doesn't score a lot of TDs or gain a lot of yards, having a safety valve for Moore/Clausen is very valuable. Or it could be like another poster suggested and Smitty ends up not getting doubled all the time and it opens him up to be the safety valve, which is an even better situation.

And as much as I hate the guy, he wasn't a problem in Buffalo last season. IMO, it was because the QB's weren't Garcia or McNabb or Romo. Moore and Clausen don't have the ego or standing yet to get into TO's way. Now Smith is a different story.

It really is a wash with the pros and cons.

#42 Big Ed

Big Ed

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 04:08 PM

T o
drama
:D

#43 Guest_PA Panther_*

Guest_PA Panther_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2010 - 04:15 PM

The Problem with TO isn't the skills, it's all the Baggage that goes along with it.

#44 stan786

stan786

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 04:18 PM

Well, we are not on a Super Bowl or even a playoffs push at this moment.

Disagree we are winning the Super Bowl.

#45 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,446 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 21 July 2010 - 04:31 PM

The article is indeed just speculation, but for the individual's that keep saying NO to T.O., you have no basis for your decision except for the the fact that Beason said no or you want to pretend you own the Panthers organization.

T.O. has had many issues in the past but this league is not based on your personal life, if that was the case then Ben Rothlisberger, Michael Vick, Ray Lewis, Marshawn Lynch, Chad Ochocinco, and many others would not have a job. Terrell Owens is a hell of an athlete and can still play ball. He is a Hall of Famer and can make any team better. Sure T.O. has his problems but so does everyone else on this world. For those that think the Panthers roster is full of angles then check your sources.

1. Tyler Brayton- Fined $25,000 for kneeing Jeremy Stevens in the balls.
2. Ed Johnson- Arrested for speeding and possession of marijuana.
3. Jon Beason- Was involved in the recording of the song "7th Floor Crew", rap song about sexual activities on the seventh floor of Mahoney Hall.
4. Jimmy Clausen- Cited for illegal transportation of alcohol, got in an altercation at a bar which resulted in a black eye.
5. Mike Goodson- Fined $7,500 for making a throat slashing gesture toward the crowd.
6. Dwayne Jarrett- Arrested and charged for DUI.
7. Steve Smith- Arrested for misdemeanor assault for breaking Anthony Bryant's nose, Smith also punched and brok Ken Lucas's nose.

The Panthers have players with personal problems just like any other team. Also another thing to look at is who T.O. has played for in the past, and I am not talking about coaches; I am talking about owners. There is not a better guy than the big cat himself Jerry Richardson to help a man turn his life around.

If the Panthers want T.O. than I will welcome him with open arms.

Plus what defense is going to stop Matt Moore, Jonathan Stewart, DeAngelo Williams, Steve Smith, and Terrell Owens?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.