Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CarolinaPanthers8789

Edwards concentrating on punts

30 posts in this topic

I'm really excited about WR/KR Armanti Edwards. He is similiar to Steve Smith and I think he will be his ultimate successor.No one has ever seen Edwards play in the NFL yet but he is is a hardworker and it might be fair to say that he could be starting as well ,with Brandon LaFell,if Dwayne Jarrett doesn't step up.

I have read a few blogs and posts by people that were at the Panthers' minicamp last week. One guy in particular, that works for ESPN, Pat Yasinikas says that Armanti Edwards is in fact Electrifying and he couldn't recall him dropping one pass the entire minicamp and that he may be the WR that Steve Smith needed.

Armanti was a beast at Appalachain State and if you don't beleive me just watch some video highlights of him on youtube. The guy is incredible, he completely dismantled teams at times with his feet and his arm, however; as a NFL WR /KR, it will be a little different than being a college QB.

2 people like this

I'm not sure if it's fair to compare him to Steve Smith. They are similar but Smith is/was an absolute burner. Not saying Edwards can't be that but I'm not sure he's as fast as Smitty. They'll be similar WR's but it's hard to say that he or any WR we draft will ever be as dominate as Smith.

However since Edwards will primarily be a WR I'm sure he's working to get faster and work on his routes.

1 person likes this

he could be a Chris Johnson level shock IMO. He is a tick or two slower of course but has the winning attitude and leadership edge over Chris. Both were offensive studs at 2nd tier schools.

I expect very big things and believe this will prove to be one of the best picks in Panther history.

no homo

no mountaineer

Yeah I remember Chris Johnson helping ECU beat that 2nd tier school UNC 34-31 in football in 2007.

2 people like this

He has an awesome name, crazy hair style, award winning skills on the field. And I'm still not sure he's ready for prime time. I wish he would be the Panthers "Neon Deion" Sanders on offense

ah that is a good point.

I can see it both ways, to be honest.

Often Fox has indeed given roster spots to those who can play multiple positions. But I think if Armanti or anyone else really steps up as a gamechanger in the return game, he won't have a problem using them exclusively in that role.