• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#31 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,915 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 12:45 PM

Everyone should watch 'this film is not yet rated'. It's pretty biased in it's bashing of the movie industry(more specifically the rating system) but there's a lot of good stuff in it. It spells out pretty clearly how there's a huge bias against gay/lesbian/sexual content in movies. We're just getting to the point where people can make movies with gay themes/issues and they get blasted by sexually repressed conservatives for promoting the 'gay agenda'.

Hollywood has a bias against there own people?

#32 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 13,998 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 12:49 PM

yea, the ratings board is extremely conservative and their decisions are totally arbitrary. and based firmly in their interpretation of "american values" not only that but their identities are to a large extent confidential. The whole thing is absurd.

They don't give a shiat about extreme violence, but sex? homosexuality? hard R. You can kill a thousand people and get a PG-13.

#33 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • 4,672 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 12:53 PM

You should really watch it to get the whole gist of it. It's not the people who make the movies, it's the people that rate them.

#34 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• HUDDLER
  • 5,963 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 12:57 PM

You know what pisses me off more that this movie about lesbians? The one thats trying to corrupt our children into believing cats and dogs not only talk and get along but that they have also mastered flight and even space travel!

Can you believe those Hollywood pricks trying to teach our kids that dogs and cats are the only thing between us and extinction at the hands of a cat and her army of mice?

#35 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

• HUDDLER
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 12:58 PM

F*CK Hollywouldn't!!!

#36 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 7,608 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 01:00 PM

I think it's an abhorrent practice by either side. By influencing your children, these movies and shows undermine the individual right to raise your family how you want, and influences the next generation of people on how to think and act.

There are always going to be outside influences on your children. But you can control for the most part what they watch. Heck if you don't want anyone influencing your child other than people who share your same values then throw out the tv, radio, computer and send them to a private school to shelter them from any opposing views and alternate values. If that's how you want to raise your children then you are certainly welcome to do so. But stop trying to control everyone else's actions just because they might influence your children in a way you deem inappropriate.

#37 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• HUDDLER
  • 5,963 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 01:01 PM

Oh and while we are protecting the children from the evil Hollywood menace...

This movie is rated R. What the fug are you doing taking a child to an R rated movie about a gay family? Sounds like you don't need Hollywoods help fuging up your kids, you're doing just fine on your own.

#38 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,442 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 01:01 PM

Maybe a teacher at a school will show it to my children without my knowledge or consent?

Maybe my wife will bring it home and want to watch it, without me knowing what the movie is about?

Maybe my friends will tell me its a great movie and I walk in spend $25 on a ticket and concessions, and get stuck in a theater and have to watch it? (as an example, this happened to me with Battlefield Earth... omg... horrible movie)

Maybe I'll catch it on TV while channel surfing and watch it from the half-way point and not know what's going on?

There are plenty of ways media infiltrates your life. Don't pretend it can't happen.

This post makes absolutely no sense, so here's a rabbit with a pancake on its head. Posted Image

#39 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 22,307 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 01:03 PM

I always thought that the rabbit had one of those hats that you see on people working in the rice fields

Now I am hungry

#40 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 7,608 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 01:03 PM

You know what pisses me off more that this movie about lesbians? The one thats trying to corrupt our children into believing cats and dogs not only talk and get along but that they have also mastered flight and even space travel!

Can you believe those Hollywood pricks trying to teach our kids that dogs and cats are the only thing between us and extinction at the hands of a cat and her army of mice?

And those Harry Potter movies teaching our children to do witchcraft!!!! Damn you Hollywood! The only magic you should be promoting is Jesus magic.

#41 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • 4,672 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 01:04 PM

Oh and while we are protecting the children from the evil Hollywood menace...

This movie is rated R. What the fug are you doing taking a child to an R rated movie about a gay family? Sounds like you don't need Hollywoods help fuging up your kids, you're doing just fine on your own.

Funny thing is the only reason it's rated R is probably because of teh gay.

#42 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

• HUDDLER
  • 4,182 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 01:56 PM

Gump was a conservative mouthpiece?

Simplistic and soggy perhaps, but not really conservative IMO.

I am looking forward to this movie, because I hear it is good.
People should stop being so afraid.

#43 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 11,899 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 02:04 PM

Gump was a conservative mouthpiece?

http://nrd.nationalr...TE3ZTllY2E3MGM=

#44 blackcatgrowl

blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

• HUDDLER
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 02:42 PM

Ah, the indoctrinated defending the system.

Of course my analysis on this isn't going to make sense, because the big picture isn't staring you in the face.

This movie isn't about money, or entertainment.

It's a propaganda film. Plain and simple. And I'm not arguing against the message being portrayed... I'm arguing about the portrayal in the first place, and the effects of it on our society.

Here's an example... if I were a devout Muslim, and my children saw this movie at a friend's house, or at school, or whatever, I'd feel like my right to raise my children with my beliefs were compromised.

On the topic of violence in movies... I think this has gotten way out of control too. I think sex in movies has gotten overboard too. Hollywood has become reckless and irresponsible.

But the question is... what should be done about it?

Nothing. Because there's nothing that can be done. I think the industry is in an irrecoverable spiral of self-destruction. The market will slowly become desensitized and care less and less about spending money on portrayed agendas and over-the-top violence. Eventually, there will be a bar that can't be topped, and I think were almost there.

#45 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,153 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 02:54 PM

It's a propaganda film. Plain and simple. And I'm not arguing against the message being portrayed... I'm arguing about the portrayal in the first place, and the effects of it on our society.

Here's an example... if I were a devout Muslim, and my children saw this movie at a friend's house, or at school, or whatever, I'd feel like my right to raise my children with my beliefs were compromised.

then take it up with your friends showing your kids things you don't want. it's not up to movie makers to portray things a certain way because it's what you personally prefer. if you want your kids to be sheltered, shelter them. you don't get to decide for the rest of us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.