Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SorthNarolina

Adressing Matt Moore's critics....

55 posts in this topic

I think that Moore is John Fox's QB.

I'm sorry, but that is one of the funniest things I've read in a long time.

Well I really do believe this. Moore could have been released at any time in the past 4 years. Two QB coaches and he is still here. I just think that he was a project behind Jake and that is why he has been here for so long. I think that he was not expected to be the starter now. I honestly believe that Fox believed that Jake(his first love) would be a good QB for a couple of more years and then his groomed QB would take over after Jake retired.

IMO

Two points.

1. The point about teams having tape on Moore is valid, but its no more true with Matt than with any other young QB that comes into the league. It will be true when and if Clausen becomes the starter.

2. Technically, we were not out of the playoffs in either year that Matt started, but we were definitely longshots.

1 person likes this

matt moore is far from a fox man or qb.

1 person likes this

Regarding Fox drafting QB's showing a lack of confidence in Moore, well he drafted QB's while we had Jake as well. He also signed other QB's. Its not smart in the NFL to have all your eggs in one basket. If Moore doesn't pan out, we now have other options.

We've been waiting for Moore to be the guy since the chanting of "We want Moore!" in BOA when David Carr was sucking it up eons ago. He now has his chance, no more excuses. As a fan I'm excited to see what he is all about going into camp as the starting QB as his job to lose.

It's his turn, and he could easily become the media darling if we get off to a hot start. I remember all the hype thrown at Trent Edwards two years ago because a little-known QB got the Bills out of the gate with some wins to start the season.

1 person likes this

Ill say this... I havent been this excited about the Panther's Quarterback situation in a longgg time.

1 person likes this

Regarding Fox drafting QB's showing a lack of confidence in Moore, well he drafted QB's while we had Jake as well. He also signed other QB's. Its not smart in the NFL to have all your eggs in one basket. If Moore doesn't pan out, we now have other options.

I don't think he ever brought in anyone that he felt would compete for the starting job. Fasani? LeFors? Carr? Testaverde? Feeley?

Delhomme was Fox's guy, and he didn't want to bring in anyone who would supplant him.

the media wants moore to fail so clausen gets the start

Hot start my ass... we are going to be lucky to be at .500 before the bye