54 replies to this topic

#31 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,467 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 11:11 AM

Just because they are getting ready to give Clausen a contract doesn't mean much to me. If MM has an MVP type season, do really think they will just let him go and use him as trade bait? Give up a proven QB on an unknown? Not to compare the two situations, but where is Cassel and where is Brady?

Same can be said for Brees and Rivers, but the opposite happened. When it comes down to it, it's just a matter of who the men in suits like.

#32 PantherBrew

PantherBrew

Educated White Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 6,032 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 11:19 AM

Who cares?! The offseason is over! :party:

#33 Mr.Ponche

Mr.Ponche

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 11:23 AM

Both hope and skepticism are valid in discussing Moore, but it shouldn't be a mystery at this point. Moore should have been the starter by at least game six last year.At the latest! Fox wasted so much by keeping Jake in. I have no doubt we would have made the playoffs had Moore taken over sooner and we would have a much clearer evaluation of Moore's ability. It all snowballs from there,every decision made from then on seals Fox's fate. If Moore fails miserably,then Fox is justified for keeping Jake in so long and for drafting 2 Qb's. If Moore continues to shine,and to all the Moore skeptics he has indeed played great ball make no mistake about it,then it shows how poor of a coach Fox is and how much time and resources he has wasted.

#34 marcopolo

marcopolo

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 12:35 PM

You mean the same Bucs defense that shut down the Saints in the 2nd half of their second game? Toward the end of the season the Bucs defense was finally starting to gel.

which is my point exactly... 2 more losses this season, if they can continue to build from last season

#35 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,439 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 12:36 PM

Matt Moore's new beard is so badass that all haters can fug off. i hope he lets it grow

#36 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,530 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 12:56 PM

Apologies for a Matt Moore thread, but I just have to get this off my chest...

I keep hearing all of these criticisms and most of them I feel are weak at best.

He's only played 8 games in the NFL. He's unproven.

This is a valid point. He's far from a seasoned vet. But he's 6-2 in those games with a 96.6 rating. What more could you ask of this guy?

The entire team was playing well during that 2009 hot steak. It's easy to play QB when your defense and run game are hot.

It's also easy to run the ball and play good defense when your QB isn't turning the ball over 3 times a game.

He's only started when the Panthers were out of the playoffs. It's easy to play well when you have nothing to lose.

This is true, but 5 of the teams he's played against were in playoff contention. They had plenty to lose. Usually these hot teams fighting for the playoffs in December steamroll past the powderpuffs who have nothing to play for. That didn't really happen with Moore, he went 3-2 with a rating of 101.76.

Now that he's played enough NFL teams will have plenty of tape to watch. His job will be much harder, remember Derek Anderson?

Anderson was always a hot/cold QB, it was the media that hyped him up. He folded against quality competition and padded his stats against poor competition.

I also have a hard time believing that a big reason he's been so successful is because he's taken so few snaps. NFL defenses victimize QBs that are put in Moore's position all year long.

I think if he was as poor a QB as Derek Anderson he would have shown it when he was thrust into the starting lineup as an undrafted rookie.

I keep hearing about Alex Smith/Kevin Kolb and how they're ready to take the next step.

Matt Moore goes 4-1 putting up pro-bowl numbers against teams such as the Vikings, Giants, and New England. We get comments like "they don't have a quarterback".

I remember Tony Romo's debut in 2006 with ESPN tripping over themselves to give this guy a BJ after he put up gaudy QB ratings against powder puff teams like Tampa Bay and Washington. If Matt Moore was a Cowboy, wow.

Moore's future is uncertain but he hasn't given any reason for anybody to doubt him. I'm just tired of hearing analysts downplay him because they don't know his name.

If/when he lights it up this year we'll here them say "Where'd this guy come from?" when really he was right in front of them the whole time.

Nice post.....the kid will do just fine.

#37 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,313 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 01:04 PM

No doubt that Moore struggled his first couple of starts last year, but he improved as he got more time under center. Hopefully, that will continue.

#38 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• HUDDLER
  • 5,830 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 28 July 2010 - 01:16 PM

I would love to sit here and say that Moore will be our QB for years down the road and take us to a Superbowl and get the W, but I'm not sold he has the raw athletic ability and skill set to be a dominant player at his position. Now, I very well could be wrong and hope I am, but the odds are stacked against him.

Over the last decade of following this team, above anything else I have wanted a quarterback who could lead this team while carrying them if the defense was struggling. I think we as fans need to wake up and say enough is enough with mediocracy. I want a perennial all-pro QB who is consistent. Whether that man is Moore or Clausen or someone else on our roster, either way by the end of this season or the next we will know. My gut feeling tells me Clausen has the intangibles needed to be a Manning, Brees, Rivers, Favre.

I want a new face of Carolina and a style of play that is ahead of its time, not struggling to keep up.

#39 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,413 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 01:57 PM

You know what that means this season? = NOTHING

Now MattMoore has ALL the pressure....

Teams will watch film and take him seriously.....

He wont get too many freebies (i.e. Saints last year)

How many games could he be the man who comes from behind to win?

I am putting ALL my faith in Moore, but for ANYONE to sit here and pretend that he is the next FC QB is just ignorant....

If you disagree with me go ask John Fox wht they just drafted 2 QB's......

Moore is a game manager, but anyone who is fan of football would like to see more...

Things are different when they KNOW you are serious and trying to win....

This season will not be easy....

Just sit back, relax, and be happy for the outcome....

Sorry but your logic is flawed. I will break it down in points for you.

Point One. He will have to deal with the pressure and teams did not game plan for him.

Thats kind of hard to believe because there was already film on him from past season of him playing. Add that to the fact that 3 of the 5 teams that he played ageist were in the playoff hunt and it dose not make since why they would not game plan for him and take him "seriously".

Point Two

We want get freebies and can he come from behind.

Well most of the games he played last year were not freebies as before 3 of the 5 teams he played were in the playoff hunt and were not easy games. As for as capt comeback. He is the best one on the team as of right now.

Point Three

I am putting faith in Matt Moore but Fox dose not have Fath in him because of our Draft picks.

No you have little faith in him and it seems you are just waiting for the chance to see him fail. If you have faith in someone you dont bring up negative opinions of that person. Also we only Drafted one QB who may become a starter in the NFL the other two are playing WR or being put on the PS.

The fact is we are replacing our depleted QB corps. If we did not draft two more QBs then all we would have had going into the season would have been Matt Moore and Hunter Cantwell. I am glade we have some talent behind Moore right now cause you never know whats gonna happen in the NFL. Especially when they let the Saints late hit QBs like they do...

#40 SorthNarolina

SorthNarolina

• HUDDLER
  • 6,407 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 02:00 PM

Bro he was a cowboy, but that didn't last long. Romo shined and they threw him aside. Yea all the talk is ridiculous especially after the way he has performed as a starter. But he's a low key kinda guy, he has earned the starting job and who knows if he will be the franchise QB that we have been waiting for. Only time will tell. Hell Clausen can be a bust and where does that leave us if that's the case. Wasting another high round draft pick on an unproven QB.

The scheme that our offense is ran doesn't need a flashy media ***** for a QB, we just need a game manager and Matt fits that role. He's not the greatest QB to play the game but he's not the worst either. He's above average at best and if Clausen is the next "Joe Montana" then so be it, we got a steal in the 2nd round.

I believe that Moore could lead this team and win a SB, only if our D can gel. Not saying that will happen this year (I'm not sure if we have the right pieces to be a contender) but if it happens I'm sure this forum will crash repetitively for about 2 weeks.

I knew he was in the Cowboys came before we found him. I was saying what if he played those last 5 games as a Cowboy, how the media would view him. I know it'd be different.

#41 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,413 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 02:21 PM

I knew he was in the Cowboys came before we found him. I was saying what if he played those last 5 games as a Cowboy, how the media would view him. I know it'd be different.

Think Tony Romo but with Matt Moore there. I mean they did play up Quincy Carter at a time.

#42 SorthNarolina

SorthNarolina

• HUDDLER
  • 6,407 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 02:43 PM

yeah we played 2 playoff teams last year... brady owned our defense and JP chased farve around all day... not to mention we were loosing the whole game, until the fortunate trip from the DB

the kid even struggles against tampa... 6 pts off of 5 turnovers

The Giants were in playoff contention so we played 3 last year. Call them a mess but they destroyed the redskins 1 game previously, they were still alive and kicking. We also played 2 playoff teams in 07. That's where the figure of 5 comes from.

We were losing by 1 point against the Vikings. The run game was stuffed in the 1st half, if it wasn't for Moore we would have been down by 7 easily. He carried the team. Those two long catch and runs inflated his stats a little but that's only two passes. The defense played great but that doesn't take away from how well Moore played. They don't directly influence eachother.

We actually had 9 points in tampa and Moore threw only around 20 times. That was a classic Fox game, he played field position the entire time. Moore had an efficient outing with one INT off of a tipped ball.

#43 KatsAzz

KatsAzz

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 03:04 PM

Apologies for a Matt Moore thread, but I just have to get this off my chest...

I keep hearing all of these criticisms and most of them I feel are weak at best.

He's only played 8 games in the NFL. He's unproven.

This is a valid point. He's far from a seasoned vet. But he's 6-2 in those games with a 96.6 rating. What more could you ask of this guy?

The entire team was playing well during that 2009 hot steak. It's easy to play QB when your defense and run game are hot.

It's also easy to run the ball and play good defense when your QB isn't turning the ball over 3 times a game.

He's only started when the Panthers were out of the playoffs. It's easy to play well when you have nothing to lose.

This is true, but 5 of the teams he's played against were in playoff contention. They had plenty to lose. Usually these hot teams fighting for the playoffs in December steamroll past the powderpuffs who have nothing to play for. That didn't really happen with Moore, he went 3-2 with a rating of 101.76.

Now that he's played enough NFL teams will have plenty of tape to watch. His job will be much harder, remember Derek Anderson?

Anderson was always a hot/cold QB, it was the media that hyped him up. He folded against quality competition and padded his stats against poor competition.

I also have a hard time believing that a big reason he's been so successful is because he's taken so few snaps. NFL defenses victimize QBs that are put in Moore's position all year long.

I think if he was as poor a QB as Derek Anderson he would have shown it when he was thrust into the starting lineup as an undrafted rookie.

I keep hearing about Alex Smith/Kevin Kolb and how they're ready to take the next step.

Matt Moore goes 4-1 putting up pro-bowl numbers against teams such as the Vikings, Giants, and New England. We get comments like "they don't have a quarterback".

I remember Tony Romo's debut in 2006 with ESPN tripping over themselves to give this guy a BJ after he put up gaudy QB ratings against powder puff teams like Tampa Bay and Washington. If Matt Moore was a Cowboy, wow.

Moore's future is uncertain but he hasn't given any reason for anybody to doubt him. I'm just tired of hearing analysts downplay him because they don't know his name.

If/when he lights it up this year we'll here them say "Where'd this guy come from?" when really he was right in front of them the whole time.

That was a good thread,one i agree with.Your brief following statement,listed below, sums up my feelings about Matt Moore and the media.

"Moore's future is uncertain but he hasn't given any reason for anybody to doubt him. I'm just tired of hearing analysts downplay him because they don't know his name."

#44 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,313 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 03:17 PM

I would love to sit here and say that Moore will be our QB for years down the road and take us to a Superbowl and get the W, but I'm not sold he has the raw athletic ability and skill set to be a dominant player at his position. Now, I very well could be wrong and hope I am, but the odds are stacked against him.

Over the last decade of following this team, above anything else I have wanted a quarterback who could lead this team while carrying them if the defense was struggling. I think we as fans need to wake up and say enough is enough with mediocracy. I want a perennial all-pro QB who is consistent. Whether that man is Moore or Clausen or someone else on our roster, either way by the end of this season or the next we will know. My gut feeling tells me Clausen has the intangibles needed to be a Manning, Brees, Rivers, Favre.

I want a new face of Carolina and a style of play that is ahead of its time, not struggling to keep up.

For some reason, raw athletic ability is not a term I associate with most QB's. I certainly don't see Montana, Bradshaw, or Aikman as very athletic.

A relatively strong, but more importantly accurate arm is needed and mobility is certainly nice. But the most important part of a QB is the brain. How well they can handle pressure when the game is on the line and 300lbs defensive ends are bearing down on them. We know a little bit about how Moore will handle that pressure, but we know absolutely nothing about how Clausen will handle it.

It would be very ironic if after all this talk about Clausen or Moore, Cantwell or Pike ends up as a starter and leads us to the Superbowl. :)

#45 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • 8,794 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 04:22 PM

yeah we played 2 playoff teams last year... brady owned our defense and JP chased farve around all day... not to mention we were loosing the whole game, until the fortunate trip from the DB

the kid even struggles against tampa... 6 pts off of 5 turnovers

And before he played Tampa, when was the last time he play a game as our first string QB?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.