X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,311 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 04:54 PM

he actually played week 1 in philly, threw an int

still 5 INTS!!! and only 6 pts???

Yeah, in mopup duty when the game was pretty much over and a good philly secondary knew that we were going to be doing nothing but passing.

#48 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,601 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 28 July 2010 - 07:07 PM

because...?

he is known for not practicing well, he is not firery guy and remember the only reason he started was bc of jakes broken figure. after someone throws 18 picks how can he still give you the best chance of winning unless you have some sort of beef with whoever's behind him. plus the observer hinted to fox not being impressed with matt.

#49 gmonet

gmonet

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 07:28 PM

Does anybody think about all the time Weinke sat on the wood, continually got some saying "he deserves a chance" and when he got it...well it was not pretty. I think about so many saying about Moore, when Jake was slippin, "give him a chance!" I am one of those guilty of thinking ...I just dunno. I got to meet him before the NO game, and recalled that he was laughing, encircled by the team, and Jake walking out cell phone stuck to the ear and totally alone. It is weak, but at that moment I started to think...the baton, orb, crown..had passed.
If Moore chokes, and I am realistic to think he could, I'd be surprised because he is showing patience in having every media pundit asking the same friggin Q..."//so Matt, you got this young guy who is on everyone's lips right at your heels and getting love from everywhere...what say you?" I would have punched the 3rd nut to ask me that, but he has been stoic and focused...HE, folks, is our starter and it IS his to lose...but I doubt he will.

#50 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 28 July 2010 - 11:50 PM

For some reason, raw athletic ability is not a term I associate with most QB's. I certainly don't see Montana, Bradshaw, or Aikman as very athletic.

A relatively strong, but more importantly accurate arm is needed and mobility is certainly nice. But the most important part of a QB is the brain. How well they can handle pressure when the game is on the line and 300lbs defensive ends are bearing down on them. We know a little bit about how Moore will handle that pressure, but we know absolutely nothing about how Clausen will handle it.

It would be very ironic if after all this talk about Clausen or Moore, Cantwell or Pike ends up as a starter and leads us to the Superbowl. :)

i dont agree with you there. claussen played his entire college career with a poo o-line. he is no stranger to facing some big dudes running after him, and he has taken some big hits, and shook them off as well.

i'm not saying you dont like clausen, because i dont know that based upon your post, but i sense alot of clausen hate on this board. personally, i dont get it. when i look at clausen's accuracy, mechanics and the adversity he faced, playing on a bad team in college, with hardly no protection, i truly beleive that he has what it takes to be the best QB we have ever had in carolina.

Edited by chris999, 28 July 2010 - 11:54 PM.

#51 Nu Guns

Nu Guns

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 12:11 AM

The stats are in Moore's favor.
He will start and its his job to lose.
From what he has already displayed, this should not be our biggest concern.

#52 Seamonk

Seamonk

kekekekekeke

• HUDDLER
  • 2,058 posts
  • LocationRichmond, Va

Posted 29 July 2010 - 02:42 AM

| 'Nuff Said.
v

#53 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,026 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 05:43 AM

i dont agree with you there. claussen played his entire college career with a poo o-line. he is no stranger to facing some big dudes running after him, and he has taken some big hits, and shook them off as well.

i'm not saying you dont like clausen, because i dont know that based upon your post, but i sense alot of clausen hate on this board. personally, i dont get it. when i look at clausen's accuracy, mechanics and the adversity he faced, playing on a bad team in college, with hardly no protection, i truly beleive that he has what it takes to be the best QB we have ever had in carolina.

I neither like nor dislike Clausen. I just don't believe that college gives an accurate picture of how a player will do in the Pro's. At this point, Moore has proven more than Clausen has, and really thats about all I am saying.

#54 Pox 08

Pox 08

Luck of the Fryrish

• HUDDLER
  • 2,918 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 05:56 PM

If bad luck occurs and Moore starts having bad game after bad game(like Jake had last year), I really do hope that Fox replaces him a lot sooner than week 11 if that is the case.

I'd love for Moore to be the franchise qb we've been waiting for ever since the Panthers came to Charlotte though.

#55 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

• HUDDLER
  • 2,307 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 06:09 PM

Well, let's face it, half of the commentators not from North Carolina don't really know anything about the Panthers, period. We are a small market team.

The popular opinion is that QBs need time to learn their craft, and the more tape there is, the easier it is to stop them, hence all the 4-12 predictions about the Panthers.

Frankly, I believe, just me, that if we are 4-12 it's because the defense is not great, not because of Matt Moore or the other rookie QBs; running game is strong enough to hide those flaws...look how good Michael Turner made Matt Ryan look in 2008.

As for Moore, Clausen, Cantwell, Pike, the best performer, the most consistent performer will win. Fox doesn't want to go looking for a job with a 4-12 record.

I watched a lot Clausen's games at ND and I liked him...played through pain, made plays, his teammates seemed to like him. I am glad he's here. If he is Rick Mirer instead of Joe Montana, we shall find out soon enough.

Edited by raleigh-panther, 29 July 2010 - 06:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com