• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 Fan4life

Fan4life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 09:03 AM

It looks like all the D-line are under 300 lbs. And the ones that are over 300 are on the PUP list. Our Biggest guy is a Guard. E. Brown is 6-1 256 lbs. How in the hell is he going to be pushing around 330 plus LT's ??? I thnk we will run the ball well this year and other teams will do the same to us.

#2 The Don

The Don

Smoke weed!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 09:09 AM

eh... you're underestimating a Ron Meeks defense for sure. robert mathis and dwight freeney were just names before Ron Meeks molded them into the players that they are now. what he did with our secondary late last season should prove something in his favor. i honestly think our defense will be O.K. teams may run on us early in the season, but i say game 5 or 6 our d-line will start to really click. but this is assuming everyone stays healthy up front.

#3 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,439 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 09:12 AM

physically unable to play....right now...in july. and you don't have to be over 300 lbs to be effective on the Dline. especially in Meek's system

#4 NJPanthers12

NJPanthers12

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 09:12 AM

dwight freeney was never just a name.

#5 CharlotteBeer.com

CharlotteBeer.com

Resident Beer Nerd

• HUDDLER
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 09:13 AM

eh... you're underestimating a Ron Meeks defense for sure. robert mathis and dwight freeney were just names before Ron Meeks molded them into the players that they are now. what he did with our secondary late last season should prove something in his favor. i honestly think our defense will be O.K. teams may run on us early in the season, but i say game 5 or 6 our d-line will start to really click. but this is assuming everyone stays healthy up front.

I think you're proving the OP's point: Meeks' defenses in Indy were always far better against the pass than the run, and this was also very much true his first year here.

With the two inexperienced defensive tackles, I could definitely see our run defense lacking. Sure, it will (hopefully) improve as the season wears on, but our pass defense will be our strength.

#6 marcopolo

marcopolo

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 09:15 AM

teams are going to run the ball down our throats this year, i have been saying it all year on the CO, smaller/faster does not work in the pros

#7 The Saltman

The Saltman

I have Returned

• Moderators
  • 24,875 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 09:16 AM

If only sponge bobs number 1 fan didn't get suspended!

#8 NJPanthers12

NJPanthers12

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 09:17 AM

I think you're proving the OP's point: Meeks' defenses in Indy were always far better against the pass than the run, and this was also very much true his first year here.

With the two inexperienced defensive tackles, I could definitely see our run defense lacking. Sure, it will (hopefully) improve as the season wears on, but our pass defense will be our strength.

our pass defense will only be our strength if our d-line gets pressure. marshall and gamble can only hold the fort down for so long.

i am very interested to see how having both godfrey and marting back there rather then harris will effect the passing game.

#9 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,311 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 09:22 AM

It looks like all the D-line are under 300 lbs.

Me thinks your facts aren't right

Posted Image

#10 CharlotteBeer.com

CharlotteBeer.com

Resident Beer Nerd

• HUDDLER
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 09:23 AM

i am very interested to see how having both godfrey and marting back there rather then harris will effect the passing game.

I'm curious about this as well. After Harris left, everyone was saying how bad he was in coverage and that we'd only get better in that area. I don't think Harris was as bad in coverage as many made him out to be, but if Martin can be the ballhawk he's shown flashes, our pass defense could indeed improve.

#11 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 09:29 AM

Me thinks your facts aren't right

Posted Image

Yup, Tank is bigger than Damione Lewis was and Louis Leonard is listed at 325, and I'm confident that he will be practicing fully by next week. Ed Johnson is not exactly tiny either.

This is not the Indy defense.

#12 The Saltman

The Saltman

I have Returned

• Moderators
  • 24,875 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 09:30 AM

not one DT is under 290

#13 Wither

Wither

Relatively Unknown Poster

• HUDDLER
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 09:31 AM

teams are going to run the ball down our throats this year, i have been saying it all year on the CO, smaller/faster does not work in the pros

Yeah, well, something is bound to run down someones throat anyway.

#14 NJPanthers12

NJPanthers12

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 09:33 AM

not one DT is under 290

hahah...well there goes that

#15 SnowPanther

SnowPanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 09:37 AM

dwight freeney was never just a name.

Everette Brown needs another 10 pounds and the best worth ethic in the league to even be half of what Dwight Freeney is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.