Photo
- - - - -

Do the Panthers have home field disadvantage?

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 Nu Guns

Nu Guns

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 01:43 AM

Can you guys think of any other franchises that have a worse home field support then the Panthers? Charlotte is one of the smaller cities in the US , but I would argue prob the one of the biggest transplant cities.
We have a huge Northeast crowd as proven everytime we host one of their teams.

I cant think of any other teams with this issue.

Miami and Jacksonville have geenral attendance issues, but they do not have games were 40% or more of the fans are for visiting teams.

Just curious what you guys think about this?

#2 Future Of The Franchise

Future Of The Franchise

The Ambassador of Booty

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,764 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 01:46 AM

I'd like to see some charts graphs and statistics on the topic.

#3 The Question

The Question

May DWill save us all.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 03:55 AM

I think in the last 2 seasons our fan base has gotten a whole lot better.

#4 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• HUDDLER
  • 9,814 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 02 August 2010 - 06:49 AM

Winning fixes a lot of issues.

Also you'd be amazed at the number of new "Panther fans" who have crossed over in Boone thanks to Armanti Edwards.

#5 KatsAzz

KatsAzz

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:21 AM

Time and winning both has a way of taking care of fan support.
My belief is that new fans are being added every year the Panthers have a fairly decent season.

#6 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 47,230 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:27 AM

If the Detroit Lions can still have fans, after 20 years of poo and running one of the best RB out of the game, I'm not worried about the Panther's getting and keeping fans.

#7 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,519 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:28 AM

Our fanbase is pretty stupid, but easily excited.

As a whole we (the fanbase) represent the age of the team well.

#8 NJPanthers12

NJPanthers12

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:45 AM

I have been saying this for years that there is no home field advantage and it is embarrassing. Ecspecially for Falcon games it is a joke, the majority it seems like are Falcon fans. People boo constantly at half time which is a joke. And most people are people is suites who work downtown and leave by halftime.

#9 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,519 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:59 AM

NJpanther proving my post 100% thank you.

#10 CharlotteBeer.com

CharlotteBeer.com

Resident Beer Nerd

• HUDDLER
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 08:04 AM

I'd like to see some charts graphs and statistics on the topic.

Yep, and be sure to include the fact that the Panthers went undefeated at home just two seasons ago.

#11 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,651 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 02 August 2010 - 08:07 AM

This type of post is a few weeks early this year. I didn't expect it until the steelers preseason game. Funny how many of the people complaining about the fans don't go to games or are usually the guys wearing the other team's jerseys when their (true favorite) team comes to town.

If you went to any games in 20008 when we went 8-0 at home you saw a huge home field advantage. When we are losing at home, fans leave early like they do in any stadium across the league.

#12 gmonet

gmonet

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 08:07 AM

I have been saying this for years that there is no home field advantage and it is embarrassing. Ecspecially for Falcon games it is a joke, the majority it seems like are Falcon fans. People boo constantly at half time which is a joke. And most people are people is suites who work downtown and leave by halftime.

Sure helpped the Jersey Gnats last season 'gainst the Panthers didn' it NJ? In the reality check...I think of the Browns or the Ravens as some might chose to call 'em...they had great homefield advantage whilst they got their arses handed to them week after week, or maybe it's Cincinatti, or lately Tampon Bay...nah, I take that one back.
I have really seen some sense of crowd participation in the past couple of years...we still have that lame video asking us to wipe our asses before leaving the stall...sorry that's Bobcats :eek: but you get the point. I also have noticed the Lady Gucci in the Club section is getting replaced with some nice cheap Hanes tank tops :eek: :eek::biggrin:

#13 NJPanthers12

NJPanthers12

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 08:15 AM

Sure helpped the Jersey Gnats last season 'gainst the Panthers didn' it NJ? In the reality check...I think of the Browns or the Ravens as some might chose to call 'em...they had great homefield advantage whilst they got their arses handed to them week after week, or maybe it's Cincinatti, or lately Tampon Bay...nah, I take that one back.
I have really seen some sense of crowd participation in the past couple of years...we still have that lame video asking us to wipe our asses before leaving the stall...sorry that's Bobcats :eek: but you get the point. I also have noticed the Lady Gucci in the Club section is getting replaced with some nice cheap Hanes tank tops :eek: :eek::biggrin:

so what your saying with that first comment, that all teams with homefield advantage should always win at home and should be 16-0. If you are trying to compare Giants and Panthers fans thats a complete joke. You can look on my profile and my least favorite team in football are the Giants and our fans should not be mentioned in the same breath as them.

Kurb you can make those comments all that you want, but its a fact our fans are terrible.

#14 gmonet

gmonet

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 08:24 AM

so what your saying with that first comment, that all teams with homefield advantage should always win at home and should be 16-0. If you are trying to compare Giants and Panthers fans thats a complete joke. You can look on my profile and my least favorite team in football are the Giants and our fans should not be mentioned in the same breath as them.

Kurb you can make those comments all that you want, but its a fact our fans are terrible.

Nah, many know my love for Jersey and my family issue with the Giants. My brother was as good a Giant fan as there exists, and next to my other brother's beloved Eagles fans, I get razzed from first step into the stadium. They are great...but I do think the assumption is that the 12th player should make some difference...look at the infamous Seattle game. "Every game" is unrealistc, but enough noise can turn a team...Sam Mills gestured that enough times!

#15 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,111 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 08:28 AM

I've been to a few other stadiums, and a lot of the other teams "noise" has been created by the fact that they they play indoors in a dome.

We have a disadvantage in that we have so many people that live here that have come from other places, it's just a fact - but all the immigrants are the reason why we could get a team in the first place.

My advice is to worry about how much YOU support your team and not worry about anyone else, and things will take care of themselves.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com