Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jackofalltrades

Joat's 8/2 TC updates- Live

114 posts in this topic

Otah doing conditioning drills can't tell he is injured

Chicken salad.

Thanks for the information guys and girls.

Good to see some live action today.

Things I noticed:

Back 7 has the potential to be very, very good. If we can get pressure up front this will be a very stout pass D.

Team has a focus to it that you can feel. There's a palpable enthusiasm, but not much clowning around. Very encouraged by the attitude of the team.

Beason is a monster- daily reminder.

WR's look good as a group, particularly when running routes. Tolbert (WR coach) is very involved.

Huge emphasis on ST's, good thing after the Crossman disaster.

This team is FAST!

Louis Leonard looks to be in great shape, hope it translates to the field.

Hardy is very imposing, I think he'll do well.

Tank Tyler is a very large individual, I'm not worried about size at DT with he and Johnson.

Pike, to me, looks the worst at QB, you can tell he missed OTA's.

Moore's feet are as fast as Clausen's are slow.

Add more as I think of it.

3 people like this

Two questions.

1. You mentioned chemistry between Moore and Edwards, did you mean there is something there or there isn't?

2. How's the FB situation looking?

Anything else on the QBs besides the fact that Moore is fast and Clausen is slow? Who is throwing the most picks? Either of the three backups showing they get the playbook yet? Any receivers sinking up better or worse with any of the QBs? Basically my questions all revolve around timing...

Thanks for the info JOAT!

Moore looks like he is building chemistry with Edwards, I should have specified that.

Time is ok, there were some throws behind and they mostly came on crossing routes by Pike and Clausen.

Clausen just overthrew someone on a bomb up the sideline, better or taller WR might have had it, didn't miss by much.

Pike's motion looks long, particularly his arm. It looks like he may just be tenative having missed all offseason chances to throw.

Moore's reLease looks a little quicker than last season. I thought 2,3,14 all looked good for less than a week back at it. DB's weren't giving th QB's a lot to work with.

FB- no idea, they were opposite field for the few times I saw them.

Tattoorhino can tell you about a little known WR who had some really nice catches, but if they keep DJ it's hard to imagine home having a shot at the final 53.

I'll have some pics up in a bit, we're still in SC and I live 30 mins north of Charlotte.

1 person likes this

Awesome info JOAT.

Thanx. You are the true joat.

*cough cough* redmage.

. DB's weren't giving th QB's a lot to work with.

I think its more that the WR arent given the QBs a lot to work with