Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rodeo

Prop 8 unconstitutional, overturned

242 posts in this topic

I thought one of them died?

Burrito supreme, and a chicken supreme, and a cutlass supreme. Supreme yeah!!!!!!

Hoping it will start a brown rush.

booooo

brown rush? sounds like something that falls under southcak's jurisdiction.

I still wonder why the us government is involved in a religious institution like marriage to begin with. This is something in my eyes that should fall under the separation of church and state.

brown rush? sounds like something that falls under southcak's jurisdiction.

A very huge, massive brown rush.

1 person likes this

booooooooox2

I still wonder why the us government is involved in a religious institution like marriage to begin with. This is something in my eyes that should fall under the separation of church and state.

Believe me, if I ever get married again, the gov will not be involved.

taxes.

By the by, it's interesting that its been declared unconstitutional. So far as I can tell, there is no mention of marriage in the California state constitution except the provision in Prop 8 (7.5). Besides that, according to the state constitution, no entity of state government should recognize marriage in any way. Having not read the decision by the judge, how do you declare an elected clause of a state constitution unconstitutional when there is no contradicting clause in said state constitution?

Also, any involvement by the federal government in marriage is a violation of the constitution by way of the tenth ammendment as there is no mention of marriage in the constitution and therefore marriage should remain solely a power of the states.