#106 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 09:52 AM

Nope.
And you and i have discussed this many times. Being gay isn't like some 401k plan. After so many years you are fully vested and then you are super duper really truly gay.
You can chose or not too.
If you tell me you can not choose, then don't complain about someone who is a racist or a homophobe etc because I will say they were wired that way.
See how silly that is?

well then gay people should have just as many rights as racists and homophobes.

#107 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 09:53 AM

I don't see how being gay is anything but hard wired. I look at a set of cock n balls and its a disgusting thing to behold. Anyone who chooses to be attracted to that has to be completely mental. It must be hard wired into them, there is no choice there.

All due respect Rodeo. :)

#108 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,058 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 09:54 AM

Were u wired to be a photographer?

I do not see the two as being a like.

Homosexuality is genetic. It is natural. However our career choices seem to be mostly fueled from our enviroment and experiances, same for racism.

#109 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 09:55 AM

Homosexuality is genetic. It is natural. However our career choices seem to be mostly fueled from our enviroment and experiances, same for racism.

A very thoughtful, reasonable response.

#110 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,311 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 09:56 AM

why do you continue to ask unrelated, leading questions? why don't you just explain what you think the physiological differences between gay and straight men are?

I don't know all of the differences because I am a straight man and therefor don't know what it is like to be a gay man.

I do know this- much of my daily actions and my outlook on life are centered around the fact that I am attracted to people of the opposite sex. How many times a day does a straight man fantasize about women? 50 times a day or something like that. Those 50 times a day directly impact how I act, how I perceive things, and how I will proceed with my daily activities.

If I were attracted to people of the same sex, it only follows that that attraction would have some different impact on how I act, how I perceive things, and how I will proceed with my daily activities.

#111 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 10:01 AM

I'm still interested in reading at what age PStall decided he would not be attracted to men but rather he would be attracted to women. I am genuinely interested.

#112 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,754 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 10:07 AM

As a rule of thumb, whenever a group of people vote to actively deny others something they themselves have, some judge is probably going to overturn that.

All of us know that this is a contentious issue, just listen to the rambling here about "choice" and "hard wired" - these arguments are way too flimsy to stand up to a simple assertion of "people should recieve equal treatment under the law" unless you are actively interested in denying people things based on purely personal views.

As a person who is very much in support of equal treatment under the law, I think that it would be pretty awesome if Prop 8 was the catalyst that eventually led to the downfall of this anti-gay movements objectives.

#113 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,215 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 05 August 2010 - 10:08 AM

Can you prove without a shadow of a doubt that a person who is racist wasn't born that way or it was genetic?

I don't think they are. It's a choice party peoples. There is nothing wrong with it either.
Someone wants to be gay, I have zero problem with them. They can live the life they want.

My point is if your logic is someone being gay is genetic, that same logic could be applied to racism.
Neither can be proved. Even the medical community is still divided on genetics and gay.
To say it's genetic is a convient cover. Lets not even use racism. How bout just hate? A person who is hateful or hates others regardless of color or what have you.
They come to you and say my doc told me I was born this way and there is nothing I can do about it.

And I totally agree with rodeo about not knowing what is inside each persons head. That is actually where I'm getting at.
Blanket studies and comments for masses of people are impossible. I completely prefer to focus on the individiual and not lump them in with others so it fits our own biases or rationalizations.

#114 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 10:12 AM

So what age was it?

#115 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 10:12 AM

My point is if your logic is someone being gay is genetic, that same logic could be applied to racism.

Gobblygook

#116 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,205 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 10:13 AM

Can you prove without a shadow of a doubt that a person who is racist wasn't born that way or it was genetic?

I don't think they are. It's a choice party peoples. There is nothing wrong with it either.
Someone wants to be gay, I have zero problem with them. They can live the life they want.

Neither can be proved. Even the medical community is still divided on genetics and gay.
To say it's genetic is a convient cover. Lets not even use racism. How bout just hate? A person who is hateful or hates others regardless of color or what have you.
They come to you and say my doc told me I was born this way and there is nothing I can do about it.

And I totally agree with rodeo about not knowing what is inside each persons head. That is actually where I'm getting at.
Blanket studies and comments for masses of people are impossible. I completely prefer to focus on the individiual and not lump them in with others so it fits our own biases or rationalizations.

Stopped reading when I got to the highlighted

#117 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,215 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 05 August 2010 - 10:14 AM

not sure of the age zod. in the moment i wasn't thinking i had to be ready to answer that on a football message board.
I guess the same time i decided to be chronically late.

#118 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 10:14 AM

racists can get married.

#119 Kognan

Kognan

Barbarian Representative

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 10:18 AM

"PROPOSITION 8 IS UNCONSTITUTIONAL BECAUSE IT DENIES PLAINTIFFS A
FUNDAMENTAL RIGHT WITHOUT A LEGITIMATE (MUCH LESS COMPELLING)
REASON
Because plaintiffs seek to exercise their fundamental
right to marry, their claim is subject to strict scrutiny.
Zablocki, 434 US at 388. That the majority of California voters
supported Proposition 8 is irrelevant, as “fundamental rights may
not be submitted to [a] vote; they depend on the outcome of no
elections.”
[/B]

http://i.cdn.turner....prop8ruling.pdf

#120 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 10:19 AM

not sure of the age zod. in the moment i wasn't thinking i had to be ready to answer that on a football message board.
I guess the same time i decided to be chronically late.

Well age is not important really, it's just interesting that you have once again verified you needed to choose to be attracted to females. That's fascinating in itself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.