14 replies to this topic

#1 brandon_87

brandon_87

ooh wee mayne he dat deal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,926 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 07:04 PM

Just wanted to see what types of fans you guys have at your jobs and what type of poo they talk and if you have any bets for the season.

I got:

giants fan - $20 on the game plus $1 a point
2 steelers fans - only 1 wants to throw a 20 on it
seahawks fan - $50 says we have a better record :smash:
chiefs fan - $20 says we are at least 3 games better
4 cowboys fans - no bets so far
bears fan - $40 plus $10 per point over the spread
2 49er fans - no bets so far

its funny how bottom dweller fans like chiefs and seahawks talk so much poo but its always nice to remind them of the last ass kickings they got or to take their money when you bet them they wont win more then 5 games, what do you guys have?

#2 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,222 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 04 August 2010 - 07:11 PM

An even more telltale sign is
* you can't get 4 supposed Cowboy fans to lay a bet on anything except Jerry Jones next plastic surgery.
* you can't get a Steelers fan to bet on anything except the fact they won a Super Bowl in the past
* you can get a Niners fan to bet on the fact TO was once there...

But, yeah, a bunch of them talk junk... on Mondays if their team won on Sunday.

#3 Doyle

Doyle

Headed to the county line

• HUDDLER
  • 5,924 posts
  • LocationRiverboat Rivera

Posted 04 August 2010 - 07:14 PM

Just wanted to see what types of fans you guys have at your jobs and what type of poo they talk and if you have any bets for the season.

I got:

its funny how bottom dweller fans like chiefs and seahawks talk so much poo but its always nice to remind them of the last ass kickings they got or to take their money when you bet them they wont win more then 5 games, what do you guys have?

You are either 16 years old or a gambling addict.

#4 brandon_87

brandon_87

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,926 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 08:25 PM

You are either 16 years old or a gambling addict.

I live in Vegas????? its more fun to bet co workers cuz then you can talk poo

#5 ThaJackal

ThaJackal

Arschloch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 08:51 PM

At my work only about two other guys keep up with football and they are Panther Fans. They aren't as big as of a fan as I and one also likes the fukin Steelers (gritting my teeth as I type that stoopid fukin team's name). One of them played college football back in the 70's and he and I are always talking football, basketball, whatever sport season it is. The other guy will talk poo from time to time, but usually it is something that I will agree with (something like - Jake is a punk and has got to go or DJ sux cut his ass, etc.) Everyone thinks that I am some kind of crazy, because I have Panthers stuff in my office and I go to TC from time to time. I also will wear my collared panthers shirt sometimes. They don't know what the hell they are missing.

#6 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,319 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 08:53 PM

Bunch of contractors, and I am not even sure if they are football fans.

We do have one Redskins fan, one Cleveland Browns fan, and two Panther fans (including me).

#7 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,305 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 04 August 2010 - 08:53 PM

Steelers and Eagles fans are the worse at work. Cowboys fans in a class all by themselves. Got a Packer fan from wisCONsin and he kills me.

#8 brandon_87

brandon_87

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,926 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 09:08 PM

im un-lucky enough to have a steeler fan that rides to work with me and if we get into football he never shuts up about how good his team is and refuses to realize they just arent going to be good this year, then there is the chief fan that always resorts to the classic "how many super bowls have you guys won" line and it pisses me off more then anything cuz since we have been a team the chiefs have pretty much sucked every year, then there is the down south cowboys fans that jump poo to the saints when the cowboys suck, very rare do you see any panther fans here in Las Vegas, maybe if I go to a sports bar ill see a group of like 3-4 but thats it

#9 pantherdad

pantherdad

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 08:09 AM

lol, in our lunch area at my work, there is a wide array of fans of different teams. We all can usually sit down and discuss good football....except for the asshole cowboy fans. They literally branch off by themselves and sit in their own group of 10-12 people at breaks and lunch. Its so damn funny, like they are too good to mingle with other football fans of other teams. And like anybodyhome says, they won't take a bet for poo!!

Edited by pantherdad, 05 August 2010 - 08:12 AM.

#10 NJPanthers12

NJPanthers12

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 08:12 AM

I got:

this is all a lie, you do not have any of these bets with anyone. it is also a lie that you have bets with people at work becase you are no older then 7 years old tops.

#11 pland67

pland67

Cam-nation

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 08:18 AM

My gf is from PA and, of course, her and her entire family are Squeeler fans. They're all arrogant and obnoxious when talking about their team.

#12 il Malocchio

il Malocchio

formerly j2sgam...

• HUDDLER
  • 3,982 posts
  • Locationtryin to figure it out...

Posted 05 August 2010 - 08:42 AM

At work, I have 2 Bears fans, neither of which are willing to make a wager. I also have a Falcons fan, a Saints fan, and a couple of 'Skins fans. I will be working on wagers for NFCS opponents this week...

Right now, the only wager I have this season is with my little brother, a die hard Bears fan. We bet next seasons' Draft hat on Cutler throwing more than 20 int's. I tried to get him to gamble some more, but he wont bite...

I like sort-of prop bets. Like the o/u 20 int's, or a better total defense/ offense, something like that. Win or lose, with or without points is OK, but I try to stay away from those. Dont have a solid track record, nahmean?

OK, so I have placed a simple win/lose bet with 1 Bears fan, got the other one figuring out what he wants to bet. Nothing but sh_t talkin from the Falcon and Saints fans...

Edited by j2sgam, 05 August 2010 - 09:03 AM.

#13 Carolina

Carolina

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationDenver, NC

Posted 05 August 2010 - 09:00 AM

I work for the Sheriff's Office here in Charlotte where we have over 1000 employees. Lots of people who have re-located to the area because of jobs. You can usually find a fan of just about all of the NFL teams, but by far the most obnoxious of them all are Cowboys fans, followed by Steelers, and Redskins! There are actually a couple of Giants, and Jets fans as well who annoy the hell out of me :banghead:. We have a good number of Panthers fans as well. The thing that I find funny is when the Cowboys lose you can't find a freakin' Cowboys fan, but when they win, all you hear is, "How 'bout them Cowboys!" As Pacman says on WFNZ, the Cowboys fan base is without a doubt the dumbest fan base around! :out:

#14 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 11:00 AM

I live in San Diego and everyone here thinks the Chargers are God's gift to football. Every year is their year and blah blah blah. I'm a Panther fan first and foremost but I also can recognize other teams' strenghts and weaknesses and have a fairly accurate gauge of where they will end up. No one will be me here because two years ago I had about $600 in bets that the Panthers would finish with at least 11 wins and we would beat the Chargers in the opener. People were even giving me 2-1 odds on that game because they were so confident they would beat us even though they habitually start out slow!!!!!

Anyway, I hate the Chargers and always will and right now is especially bad because the Padres happen to be in first place for the moment

#15 bredy087

bredy087

The Comeback Kid

• HUDDLER
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 12:47 PM

My boss is a Packer fan, and a coworker is from Philly so we have a good NFC rivalry going on. No bets going on though, they claim to be broke! cough..bs..cough

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.