Photo
- - - - -

More Steve Smith bashing

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
43 replies to this topic

#16 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,643 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 09:17 AM

Its gonna be a super man year.

snake what you know about this, top 10 fav cds right here.

Edited by DaCityKats, 05 August 2010 - 12:21 PM.

#17 Smithers

Smithers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 09:19 AM

well, the fantasy aspect of things has really messed with people's minds imo.

I honestly don't have a problem with anyone saying NYG Smith is a better fantasy WR. He probably is.

NYG Smith is isn't half the NFL WR that Car Smith is.

The line gets blurred today and being a fantasy stud has a lot of pull in the public's mind.

Agreed. 89, however, will be the better fantasy option this year as well, with a new QB and more focus on the passing game (finally).

#18 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • 4,767 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 09:42 AM

NY Smith is still the better option for fantasy - or better said the safer option. A few years ago I considered Smitty the best fantasy WR simply because he was so damn consistent. You could almost guarantee 100 yards and a TD from him every week. But his downturn has nothing to do with the running game and everything to do with Jake. Unless Moore and eventually Clausen flop, I expect him to return to form. But NY Smith is still the safer option.

#19 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,643 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 09:44 AM

would take hakeem before the other steve smith.

#20 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,979 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 09:47 AM

Agreed. 89, however, will be the better fantasy option this year as well, with a new QB and more focus on the passing game (finally).

Yeah, people tend to forget that despite missing two games he was a top 10 fantasy WR or even top 5 WR (depending on format) in 2008.

09 Jake has really messed w/ the perception of things from the outside. They don't look at the 2009 team thinking the talent was here to of won 11-12 games pending a move a QB would have been made earlier. Outside of Carolina they look at us just as a .500 team that looked bad in 09. People don't realize the only thing that hurt Carolina was management of talent last year.

#21 Smithers

Smithers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 09:48 AM

Yeah, people tend to forget that despite missing two games he was a top 10 fantasy WR or even top 5 WR (depending on format) in 2008.

09 Jake has really messed w/ the perception of things from the outside. They don't look at the 2009 team thinking the talent was here to of won 11-12 games pending a move a QB would have been made earlier. Outside of Carolina they look at us just as a .500 team that looked bad in 09. People don't realize the only thing that hurt Carolina was management of talent last year.

Well said.

#22 Kingpatecu

Kingpatecu

I Bleed BlacknBlue

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 10:05 AM

I love when they put that hip on his shoulder, time to make em all eat crow

#23 Pox 08

Pox 08

Luck of the Fryrish

• HUDDLER
  • 3,011 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 10:07 AM

If there is just one game that I hope Gamble makes a WR his bitch, I hope it's week 1 against the Giants' Steve Smith. While #89 has 220+ yards.

#24 Smithers

Smithers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 10:10 AM

It won't even be a contest week 1...at least not between the two Steve Smith's. The game itself, however, might be a good one.

#25 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,475 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 10:47 AM

Can't help but get irked by their ignorance. This giants reciever has one good season, and now he has a bandwagon? the only reason the Giants even passed the ball to him is because their running game was slack. the real steve smith has something to prove, and he will go out and show who the real Steve Smith is

#26 Wither

Wither

Relatively Unknown Poster

• HUDDLER
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 11:05 AM

Sabino joins the growing list of "analysts" to call # 89 "the other Steve Smith."

Sabino joins the growing list of "analysts" who make it painfully obvious that they are morons who don't know poo about Steve Smith.

snake what you about this, top 10 fav cds right here.

It's nice to have the entire discography in FLAC format.

#27 Mr. Burgundy

Mr. Burgundy

scotch, scotch, scotch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 12:13 PM

I love when we play the giants, i feel like that is our top rival outside the devision

#28 Beason n Smitty beaston

Beason n Smitty beaston

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 12:16 PM

all i know if u look at the "top" wr in the nfl and loook at the stats...andre johnson needs 2 catch over 100 balls to grab 1500 yards.smitty only needed 80...and hes 5 '9...when it comes 2 real talent smitty is by far the better wr than anyone...stats dont lie my friends!!!

#29 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,585 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 12:18 PM

It's easy to crack on a player from behind a Sportscenter press box.

But then when you confront an athlete in person it gets different.

#30 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,643 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 12:22 PM

Sabino joins the growing list of "analysts" who make it painfully obvious that they are morons who don't know poo about Steve Smith.

It's nice to have the entire discography in FLAC format.

:confused:

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com