Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post Peppers Ideas (If its a real possibilty)

36 posts in this topic

Posted

We don't even need Cowher to come here to switch our philosophy...Mike Tomlin was a 4-3 defensive guy at Minnesota and he has adapted to a 3-4. It doesn't mean Fox has to leave in order for this to work...his defense has not worked the past 2 or 3 seasons and it especially wont work without Peppers.

Tomlin was a different situation. Tomlin was the new guy, not the coordinator, who had a LOT of success, and a BIG name. It made no sense to change Dick's defense, they had all the personnel and run the most pure version.

Head coaches do not hire people who don't run their scheme.

People need to start making correlations that make so damn sense.

Posted

Ron Rivera, ran a 4-3 in chi town, sticks to the 3-4 in SD. we need a new DC, but arguing 3-4 or 4-3 coordinators is kinda moot, we need someone to come in and use the 4-3 talent we have. the turd gets nothing out of them. i am hoping jack gets canned still and we can pick him up and flush the turd.

Posted

A 3-4 wouldn't really work

we have kemo for NT and the rest of the guys aren't exactly your two gap kind of player

3-4 wouldn't favor our starting 3, in fact our back ups would be a hell of a lot more comfterable in a 3-4 than the starters

A genuinely horrible idea.

Posted

Ron Rivera, ran a 4-3 in chi town, sticks to the 3-4 in SD.

so because rivera didn't change the defense when he was promoted to d coordinator mid season that means....what?

Mike Tomlin was a 4-3 defensive guy at Minnesota and he has adapted to a 3-4. It doesn't mean Fox has to leave in order for this to work...his defense has not worked the past 2 or 3 seasons and it especially wont work without Peppers.

yeah i remember when tomlin came in to pittsburgh and completely remade their defense, and also brought a defensive coordinator with him and redid the system.

oh wait

Name a DE that you would rather have...

for a 4-3 only? John Abraham, Usi Umenyiora, Jared Allen, Mario Williams, Aaron Kampman.

if you open it up to 3-4 OLBs that could probably convert, then you add Ware, Suggs, and Merriman

I already acknowledged that we don't have a true 3-4 DL but that Maake played 3-4 NT for Baltimore for 4 years...read the whole post.

i did. grandiose handwaving doesn't changed the fact he was basically shown the door in Baltimore because he COULDN'T PLAY NT IN THE 3-4 AND NOW YOU WANT TO START HIM THERE JESUS CHRIST YOU WONDER WHY PEOPLE THINK YOU'RE AN IDIOT

Posted

so because rivera didn't change the defense when he was promoted to d coordinator mid season that means....what?

was more we don't need to look at a guy that runs just a 4-3. if the guy is worth a damn (as i believe ron is), the base scheme he came from is irrelevant.

Posted

was more we don't need to look at a guy that runs just a 4-3. if the guy is worth a damn (as i believe ron is), the base scheme he came from is irrelevant.

if you're suggesting that fox could lead the transition, what makes you think he could assemble the talent?

hell, he can't even assemble the talent for the defense he's running now!

Posted

if you're suggesting that fox could lead the transition, what makes you think he could assemble the talent?

hell, he can't even assemble the talent for the defense he's running now!

not what i was saying or suggesting. if we replace the turd, the new DC candidates former base scheme should be irrelevant. if thats a current dc, or positional coach, the base scheme they came from is irrelevant.

jim johnson, rex ryan, gregg williams, steve spagnuolo, and dick lebeau all imo succeed with a talented 4-3 group of guys, 3-4 or whatever. they are creative enough to do it.

Posted

chbright i can't decipher that last post but im positive you're wrong whatever it says

Posted

edited just for you. and i am positive your an ass.

Posted

and i am positive your an ass.

you're

Posted

yeah i remember when tomlin came in to pittsburgh and completely remade their defense, and also brought a defensive coordinator with him and redid the system.

oh wait

for a 4-3 only? John Abraham, Usi Umenyiora, Jared Allen, Mario Williams, Aaron Kampman.

if you open it up to 3-4 OLBs that could probably convert, then you add Ware, Suggs, and Merriman

I'll give you Mario because of his age and upside but the others are stupid...If you are looking for a guy that is purely going to get sacks then yeah go for the OLB and the John Abrahams of the world. But if you are looking for the most well rounded DE in the league then its Peppers hands down. Watch him next year when he goes and plays for DC that knows how to coach and he will be by far the best in the league.

The point about Tomlin was to reinforce the idea that a coach adopting a new system instead of being stubborn can work. Tomlin realized that his system was not a fit for Pitt and Fox should realize that his version of the 4-3 doesn't work in Carolina.

Again, just because I am talking about a 3-4 does not mean that is what we SHOULD do...the point I am making is that if we let a player the caliber of Peppers go then we would feel the effects of a terrible 4-3 just as long as we would feel the effects of a growing 3-4. I'm not a fan that buys into the fact that players can't adapt to new schemes. If TD wanted to play OLB in a 3-4 then he could...if Beason wanted to play a MLB in a 3-4 he could (there are MLBs that chase rather than take on the blocks). Similarly Maake could play the NT if he wanted too...The Ray Lewis comments are BS until I see the article on this site because I have already found one that supports Kemo as a NT.

And you need to chill out a little bit man you are going to have a freakin coronary if you take internet jabber that seriously...I think that people are just throwing out ideas if for nothing else because we are bored and depressed about the end of the season.

Posted

you're

that's funny.