Photo
- - - - -

Post Peppers Ideas (If its a real possibilty)

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#16 carolinanimal

carolinanimal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 12 January 2009 - 01:38 PM

unicar peppers isn't one of he best DEs in the game.

beason and davis would probably be alright. we do not have a single 3-4 d lineman.

this is not difficult. stop making threads.

and hes not because you says so or is there proof of this not just emotions from our beat down by the cardinals. :rolleyes:

#17 xPUREBYBLOODx

xPUREBYBLOODx

StraightXXXLife

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 02:23 PM

aren't we going to franchise one and sign one?(speaking of Pep and Gross) So why are we talking about him leaving?

#18 cgarsmoker

cgarsmoker

Panther Aficionado

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationViera, Florida

Posted 12 January 2009 - 02:31 PM

Franchise Peppers and Trade him to an AFC team for a 1st and 2 3rds just like Jared Allen. Lock Gross up NOW.....the o-line was our strength and we need to keep it together and have guys play the same position from one year to the next. The D-line needs an overhaul all the way around and Peppers just disappears way too often. He isn't worth the cap space he is going to command. That's my opinion anyway.....

#19 ncfan

ncfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • LocationKey West, FL

Posted 12 January 2009 - 02:37 PM

Trade pep to oakland for Nnamdi Asomugha (wants out of oakland) and a 2nd

#20 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 02:37 PM

unicar peppers isn't one of he best DEs in the game.

beason and davis would probably be alright. we do not have a single 3-4 d lineman.

this is not difficult. stop making threads.

Name a DE that you would rather have...

I already acknowledged that we don't have a true 3-4 DL but that Maake played 3-4 NT for Baltimore for 4 years...read the whole post.

#21 chbright

chbright

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 02:52 PM

I already acknowledged that we don't have a true 3-4 DL but that Maake played 3-4 NT for Baltimore for 4 years...read the whole post.

and ray lewis said he needed a better nt the year maake became a FA, wonder why he wasnt resigned there, hmmmmm?? arguably the greatest 3-4 mlb in the last 20 years says the guy isnt good enough, might hold water.

#22 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 03:13 PM

and ray lewis said he needed a better nt the year maake became a FA, wonder why he wasnt resigned there, hmmmmm?? arguably the greatest 3-4 mlb in the last 20 years says the guy isnt good enough, might hold water.

This is the only article that I can find with regard to the Lewis/Kemo relationship...

Lewis Upset Over Loss of Tackle Kemoeatu
CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Maake Kemoeatu stayed out of the headlines when he played in Baltimore. But when the run-stopping defensive tackle left the Ravens to sign a five-year, $23 million free-agent deal with Carolina in the offseason, Ray Lewis was upset.

#23 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,539 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 12 January 2009 - 03:25 PM

Cowher isn't coming, Fox isn't leaving, Peppers will be franchised or traded and we are going to stay with the 4-3. Kemo absolutely can play the 3-4 and in fact he plays a 3-4 type role now as a two gap run stopper over the center. Look at the Giants game and tell me he doesn't make a difference.

Other speculation is plain stupid and a waste of time and space.

#24 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 03:30 PM

We don't even need Cowher to come here to switch our philosophy...Mike Tomlin was a 4-3 defensive guy at Minnesota and he has adapted to a 3-4. It doesn't mean Fox has to leave in order for this to work...his defense has not worked the past 2 or 3 seasons and it especially wont work without Peppers.

#25 ShutDwn

ShutDwn

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 04:01 PM

We don't even need Cowher to come here to switch our philosophy...Mike Tomlin was a 4-3 defensive guy at Minnesota and he has adapted to a 3-4. It doesn't mean Fox has to leave in order for this to work...his defense has not worked the past 2 or 3 seasons and it especially wont work without Peppers.

Tomlin was a different situation. Tomlin was the new guy, not the coordinator, who had a LOT of success, and a BIG name. It made no sense to change Dick's defense, they had all the personnel and run the most pure version.

Head coaches do not hire people who don't run their scheme.

People need to start making correlations that make so damn sense.

#26 chbright

chbright

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 04:55 PM

Ron Rivera, ran a 4-3 in chi town, sticks to the 3-4 in SD. we need a new DC, but arguing 3-4 or 4-3 coordinators is kinda moot, we need someone to come in and use the 4-3 talent we have. the turd gets nothing out of them. i am hoping jack gets canned still and we can pick him up and flush the turd.

#27 SorthNarolina

SorthNarolina

• HUDDLER
  • 6,407 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 05:14 PM

A 3-4 wouldn't really work

we have kemo for NT and the rest of the guys aren't exactly your two gap kind of player

3-4 wouldn't favor our starting 3, in fact our back ups would be a hell of a lot more comfterable in a 3-4 than the starters

A genuinely horrible idea.

#28 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,880 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 05:26 PM

Ron Rivera, ran a 4-3 in chi town, sticks to the 3-4 in SD.

so because rivera didn't change the defense when he was promoted to d coordinator mid season that means....what?

Mike Tomlin was a 4-3 defensive guy at Minnesota and he has adapted to a 3-4. It doesn't mean Fox has to leave in order for this to work...his defense has not worked the past 2 or 3 seasons and it especially wont work without Peppers.

yeah i remember when tomlin came in to pittsburgh and completely remade their defense, and also brought a defensive coordinator with him and redid the system.

oh wait

for a 4-3 only? John Abraham, Usi Umenyiora, Jared Allen, Mario Williams, Aaron Kampman.

if you open it up to 3-4 OLBs that could probably convert, then you add Ware, Suggs, and Merriman

i did. grandiose handwaving doesn't changed the fact he was basically shown the door in Baltimore because he COULDN'T PLAY NT IN THE 3-4 AND NOW YOU WANT TO START HIM THERE JESUS CHRIST YOU WONDER WHY PEOPLE THINK YOU'RE AN IDIOT

#29 chbright

chbright

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 05:45 PM

so because rivera didn't change the defense when he was promoted to d coordinator mid season that means....what?

was more we don't need to look at a guy that runs just a 4-3. if the guy is worth a damn (as i believe ron is), the base scheme he came from is irrelevant.

#30 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,880 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 05:48 PM

was more we don't need to look at a guy that runs just a 4-3. if the guy is worth a damn (as i believe ron is), the base scheme he came from is irrelevant.

if you're suggesting that fox could lead the transition, what makes you think he could assemble the talent?

hell, he can't even assemble the talent for the defense he's running now!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.