#1 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,119 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 09 August 2010 - 03:43 PM

Been meaning to write a post like this for some time now. If you're expecting and hoping to read some pessimistic garbage just hit the back button in the top left of your screen now.

In my 15+ years of being a loyal Panther's fan, I have never been this excited for an upcoming season. Don't get me wrong, the Jake years were nice but a new era and decade is upon us. One thing this past decade in Panther Nation lacked was consistency, a trait every franchise should strive for. But this off-season aroused a new found anticipation...

Now completely overhauled, this Panther roster emphasizes speed, athleticism, and most importantly, youth. I am embracing this team and really feel that the core of talent we have, accompanied by draft picks, should propel us onto another level. After the new CBA works itself out whether sooner or later, our Carolina Panthers will be in best position to fill some needs, as well as target pure playmakers on both sides of the ball. Moreover, players whom have already proved themselves in the black, white, and blue, can stick around for another contract term.

The current QB situation is certainly interesting. The one thing I know for certain is that, by the end of the next two seasons, we will have our franchise leader that so many of us have longed for. Whether that man is Moore, Clausen, or any of the other quarterbacks we have on our roster, we will be in the best position to win ball games year in and year out than we have been in a long time.

For a decade now, the Panthers have been competitive and even dominant for several seasons. Now so more than ever, I feel as though we are on the brink of greatness. As a fan, we must embrace these youngsters, hope they learn from their mistakes, and keep faith that they will make the next play. There will certainly be some bumps in the road, but I am truly convinced that over the next 3-6 seasons, Carolina will be finely tuned and one of the scariest teams in the NFL.

Offense is built sturdy a the foundation, with a beastly line that usually implies its will on most defensive units. Furthermore, our TE core is unique in that we are blessed with the personal to use each guy in the interest of his best skill-set situationally. Then there is the two headed monster of DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart. Need I say more? Currently the WR core is shaky and unproven, but by the end of the season I'm confident things will be looking much better. As mentioned earlier, soon we will have our leader in a franchise QB and a new fire will be burning in Charlotte.

The defense is young, characterized by speed and aggressiveness which is what I have always longed for. Our all-pro Beason will be a dominant figure for years to come. The secondary is filled with ballhawks and big-hitters who, mark my words, will force more turnovers than any other in the NFCS. If the promising youngguns on the d-line pan out, then we have ourselves some animals coming off the ends in Hardy and Brown. Throw Norwood in the mix and we are starting to look formidable.

So now I ask you, loyal Panther fans, lets all take a deep breath and take this season one game at a time. Things aren't nearly as bad as some of you make it out to be. Every team has to experience a makeover to establish stability and success for the future. The pieces are in place, just need time so everyone can gel and gain that valuable experience. A new era has dawned upon us, and I would be thoroughly surprised if Carolina didn't have a ring after the next 5 seasons. My hopes have never been higher, and the future has yet to look this bright for our young franchise.

God speed my friends, and cheers to another season of Panthers football we can spend together.:cheers2:

Edited by OnlyPantherfaninMaine, 09 August 2010 - 03:54 PM.

#2 Doyle

Doyle

Headed to the county line

• HUDDLER
  • 5,981 posts
  • LocationRiverboat Rivera

Posted 09 August 2010 - 03:52 PM

Who would win? This Panthers team or Ditka?

#3 Cat'sGrowl

Cat'sGrowl

The Beast Lurks Once More

• HUDDLER
  • 7,113 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 04:02 PM

*Runs to make a negative counter-thread*

#4 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,800 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 05:08 PM

Thanks. I think you put it nicely, and it is optimistic. It will be fun to watch. However, if you don't mind, I would like to add that there are a few things Panther fans will need this year to enjoy the season:

1. A program. Lotta new faces.
2. An open mind. Don't assume the new personnel will make us more explosive and daring. We still have the same coaches, and youth is not always a good word.
3. Patience. There will be mistakes. If I have learned one thing about Panther fans, they are used to instant gratification--a super bowl and 3 NFC title games in 15 years is not bad. If we can survive the beginning of the season's "rookieness", we will get better.

But it was time for a change, and we have reasons to be excited. COmpared to last year:

QB> We are better
OL= If RG steps up and we stay healthy, this will be better
WR= Too early to tell, but Moose was not so effective that he set the bar too high for rookies.
TE> We should use them more effectively, and they have more experience.
RB= Can't expect more than what we got last year, but Stewart might be healthy this year, Sutton and Goodson have improved.
FB< Probably our biggest loss, even a banged-up Hoover is tough to replace. Suprise us, Fiametta.

Special teams> We should see the most growth here.

DE= Yes. Equal. The total # of sacks in 2009 is not a high number. By committee, we reach that number. We will be better vs the run than people realize. I think Brown and Hardy will get around 15 sacks, while the other 2 combine for about 8.

DT> We were hurt here last year, playing the cotton candy vendors at times. DT is underrated on this team.

LB< The loss of Davis is huge. However, Connor is a stud in the Middle and Beason could play nose tackle and beat you. Anderson/Williams/Norwood should somehow improve the SLB spot, since Diggs was a bit old and very average. Nonetheless, we will not be as good as we would be with Davis.

DB> Our secondary might be the best it has ever been.

Improved -- 5
no improvement or decline-- 4
Decline -- 2

And last year we were 8-8. If we control the rookie mistakes, I see 10-6.

#5 PandaMan

PandaMan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 05:11 PM

*Runs to make a negative counter-thread*

Lol.

Was a good read. I feel/hope we found some gems in the draft, particularly in Hardy and Norwood from what I've seen and heard so far. Hopefully they can continue to improve, and so can every other player we have. We have a lot of potential on this team, I'm just hoping we can utilize it.

#6 smash_n_dash

smash_n_dash

Double Trouble

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 06:26 PM

Whats up with all the "rookieness" talk? We don't have a bunch of rookies starting. If anything, all 22 starters will be players that had lots of playing time last year.

#7 caddieman

caddieman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:45 PM

Thanks. I think you put it nicely, and it is optimistic. It will be fun to watch. However, if you don't mind, I would like to add that there are a few things Panther fans will need this year to enjoy the season:

1. A program. Lotta new faces.
2. An open mind. Don't assume the new personnel will make us more explosive and daring. We still have the same coaches, and youth is not always a good word.
3. Patience. There will be mistakes. If I have learned one thing about Panther fans, they are used to instant gratification--a super bowl and 3 NFC title games in 15 years is not bad. If we can survive the beginning of the season's "rookieness", we will get better.

But it was time for a change, and we have reasons to be excited. COmpared to last year:

QB> We are better
OL= If RG steps up and we stay healthy, this will be better
WR= Too early to tell, but Moose was not so effective that he set the bar too high for rookies.
TE> We should use them more effectively, and they have more experience.
RB= Can't expect more than what we got last year, but Stewart might be healthy this year, Sutton and Goodson have improved.
FB< Probably our biggest loss, even a banged-up Hoover is tough to replace. Suprise us, Fiametta.

Special teams> We should see the most growth here.

DE= Yes. Equal. The total # of sacks in 2009 is not a high number. By committee, we reach that number. We will be better vs the run than people realize. I think Brown and Hardy will get around 15 sacks, while the other 2 combine for about 8.

DT> We were hurt here last year, playing the cotton candy vendors at times. DT is underrated on this team.

LB< The loss of Davis is huge. However, Connor is a stud in the Middle and Beason could play nose tackle and beat you. Anderson/Williams/Norwood should somehow improve the SLB spot, since Diggs was a bit old and very average. Nonetheless, we will not be as good as we would be with Davis.

DB> Our secondary might be the best it has ever been.

Improved -- 5
no improvement or decline-- 4
Decline -- 2

And last year we were 8-8. If we control the rookie mistakes, I see 10-6.

When you said your DE= from last year, I almost through-up from the homerism!

#8 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,455 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 09 August 2010 - 10:11 PM

Lolzz... Falcon fans spell it "through-up" because they are smart.

Lol, thanks for the laugh.

#9 Cat'sGrowl

Cat'sGrowl

The Beast Lurks Once More

• HUDDLER
  • 7,113 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 10:28 PM

You say you almost pooked, did ya?
I'd be careful.
You and Tampa are gonna have a fight on yooore hands.
For 3rd, that is.

#10 caddieman

caddieman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 07:39 AM

Lolzz... Falcon fans spell it "through-up" because they are smart.

Lol, thanks for the laugh.

That was the point!;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.