Photo
- - - - -

Enter your logical reasons for not double teaming Fitz.

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,195 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 12 January 2009 - 12:19 PM

uhhh I can't find one right now.

#2 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 12:20 PM

They would have expected it. By not double teaming their best player, you throw them for a loop! They would be caught off guard!

Trgo is just too smart for his own damn good.

#3 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,195 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 12 January 2009 - 12:23 PM

It would have forced AZ into the Wildcat formation and Edge would have dropped 200 yd on the Panthers.
Good call.

#4 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 12 January 2009 - 12:23 PM

1) Turd didn't respect Fitz enough.
2) Turd respected Lucas TOO much
3) Turd just got a large sum in a off-shore bank account.

#5 Newtcase

Newtcase

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationLurking

Posted 12 January 2009 - 12:25 PM

He was doubled on the first deep play and he went and got it between two defenders. Doubling Fitz will not stop him anymore than doubling Smith stops him, might as well use that extra defender to try to stop someone else/blitz/or stop the run. The only thing that stops Fitz is himself or Warner. I thought that was pretty evident.

With that said there were a number of plays where Fitz was all by his lonesome. I do believe we should have put at least one guy on him.

#6 ashehudson

ashehudson

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 12:26 PM

Zod, I mean this in the most heterosexual way possible...... I liked your old Avatar better...

Fox wants Boldin. To do so, Fox wanted to make Fitz look REALLY REALLY good in a playoff game so he'll demand more money and the Cards are forced to cut Boldin allowing Fox to pick him up.....

I tried...

#7 Pride4Real

Pride4Real

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 12:27 PM

That question goes right along with this one: Why did we quit running the ball so early, and ESPECIALLY seeing Jake was having a horrible night.

We got 30 TD's this year from our tandem, I just don't get it.

#8 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • 4,747 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 12:30 PM

Flat out cockiness. They didn't give him the attention, and respect, that he deserves. They allowed him to move around and find the match up that they wanted. Pure cocky, hardheadedness.

#9 CarolinaSock

CarolinaSock

• ALL-PRO
  • 653 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 12:32 PM

Turds gameplan was to have so much room between defenders and Fitz that he would start to question whether he was actually awake playing the game or dreaming. Turd then hoped he would stop running routes and start pinching himself or run closer to defenders in the hope of waking himself up. Unfortunately not even in his dreams is Fitz that wide open so he never fell for it.

#10 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,974 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 12:36 PM

They would have expected it. By not double teaming their best player, you throw them for a loop! They would be caught off guard!

Trgo is just too smart for his own damn good.

i really think this is it

#11 Cyclonus

Cyclonus

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 12:42 PM

I'll take a stab at this.

They didn't know Boldin wasn't going to play until just before game time. They practiced all week expecting to face him and Fitz. You obviously can't double cover them both. Once they realized Boldin wouldn't play, it was too late to change coverage schemes?

I could be totally wrong. This game reminded me of what Smitty did to Chicago in 2005.

#12 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,195 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 12 January 2009 - 12:48 PM

They didn't know Boldin wasn't going to play until just before game time. They practiced all week expecting to face him and Fitz. You obviously can't double cover them both. Once they realized Boldin wouldn't play, it was too late to change coverage schemes?

I could be totally wrong. This game reminded me of what Smitty did to Chicago in 2005.

totally agree

#13 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,445 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 12:49 PM

Yeap, Gamble was covering Breaston... Fox failed to adjust and it cost us. Fox never adjust... Hes one stubborn motherfuger..

#14 KingsoftheSouth

KingsoftheSouth

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 12:49 PM

why in the hell would you choose to double cover boldin over fitz, if they were both playing? boldin is good but fitz is on another level, even if boldin played they should have been double covering fitz

#15 Pride4Real

Pride4Real

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 12:51 PM

If you have been in coaching and playing football as long as these people in the NFL have been, and you can't figure out how to go from double coverage on 2 wr's, to doubling 1, then you don't need to be in the NFL.

That just doesn't make any sense whatsoever. That is when you make adjustments, and it seems we have forever in a day had no grasp of that concept.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com