Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Enter your logical reasons for not double teaming Fitz.

40 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

He was doubled on the first deep play and he went and got it between two defenders. Doubling Fitz will not stop him anymore than doubling Smith stops him, might as well use that extra defender to try to stop someone else/blitz/or stop the run. The only thing that stops Fitz is himself or Warner. I thought that was pretty evident.

With that said there were a number of plays where Fitz was all by his lonesome. I do believe we should have put at least one guy on him.

i didnt read the rest of the posts, so sorry if this has been said. it seemed to me without boldin, fitz was lining up ALL over the place. maybe that confused the coverage as to who needs to double fitz? i mean if he was on one side most of the time you can have 2 guys instructed to watch out for fitz all the time, but when he is slot, right side, left side, inside, motion. its hard to know(defense wise) who should help and who shouldn't? Maybe you guys need a CB for your draft? our 1st round draft pick did very well against smith by himself.

Posted · Report post

i didnt read the rest of the posts, so sorry if this has been said. it seemed to me without boldin, fitz was lining up ALL over the place. maybe that confused the coverage as to who needs to double fitz? i mean if he was on one side most of the time you can have 2 guys instructed to watch out for fitz all the time, but when he is slot, right side, left side, inside, motion. its hard to know(defense wise) who should help and who shouldn't? Maybe you guys need a CB for your draft? our 1st round draft pick did very well against smith by himself.

He did well against Smith, but most definetly not by himself.

Posted · Report post

The problem wasn't the motion. The problem was we didn't assign anyone to cover him. We played a soft zone nearly the entire first half. So Fitz just ran through the zones and found the holes like everyone did against us the whole season. Also Smith was double covered most of the game if you payed attention. Usually someone underneath and over the top nearly all the time.

Posted · Report post

Someone should have been hiting Fitz in the first 5 yards. I think playing press and then bumping is against Trgovac's religion.

Posted · Report post

The problem wasn't the motion. The problem was we didn't assign anyone to cover him. We played a soft zone nearly the entire first half. So Fitz just ran through the zones and found the holes like everyone did against us the whole season. Also Smith was double covered most of the game if you payed attention. Usually someone underneath and over the top nearly all the time.

ok sorry. i guess pender respected smith more then turd did fitz. i looked at the film again and smith was doubled all the time. yea, i guess i wouldnt have an answer to why fitz was open all the time. i mean like u guys said without boldin, it would only be logical to double fitz. :confused5:

Posted · Report post

ok sorry. i guess pender respected smith more then turd did fitz. i looked at the film again and smith was doubled all the time. yea, i guess i wouldnt have an answer to why fitz was open all the time. i mean like u guys said without boldin, it would only be logical to double fitz. :confused5:

Heh, welcome to our world. Where doing the obvious makes too much sense for our D-coordinator. Know a Qb struggles against pressure? Rush only 4 all game. A team has one stand out weapon and a bunch of compliments? Treat them all as equal threats. Alot of us have wanted Turd gone for years and he's been getting a pass because of the sheer talent of our players.

Posted · Report post

So we see even more how obvious the strategy is and how DUMB it was.

Posted · Report post

It seems like so long ago that players were excited about playing in this defensive system since Trgo/Fox supposedly had made the system "simpler".

Posted · Report post

The simple part is "supposed" to be an offshoot of what the Ravens started in 00.

Allow your players to read the O. Almost a defensive version of the Run and Shoot where its a free flowing system based on split second reads.

Well. Not so good in Carolina.

You can have a system but you need to be in game smart ala Belechieck(who cares on the spelling). He is known for treating each game as it should be treated...one game.

Again, this game was Football 101. Even if after the start of the game you realize Boldin is out then you roll your coverage over to Fitz. Make them adjust now. By NOT doing that AZ was able to remain in their comfort zone.

I have coached youth sports so by no means am I on the pro level, however, I learned very early that you win by making the other team play YOUR game and never allow them to get into a rhythm. You do that and you give yourself a better shot of winning.

Posted · Report post

So we can get rid of Lucas and Trgo in one season.

Posted · Report post

The simple part is "supposed" to be an offshoot of what the Ravens started in 00.

Allow your players to read the O. Almost a defensive version of the Run and Shoot where its a free flowing system based on split second reads.

Well. Not so good in Carolina.

You can have a system but you need to be in game smart ala Belechieck(who cares on the spelling). He is known for treating each game as it should be treated...one game.

Again, this game was Football 101. Even if after the start of the game you realize Boldin is out then you roll your coverage over to Fitz. Make them adjust now. By NOT doing that AZ was able to remain in their comfort zone.

I have coached youth sports so by no means am I on the pro level, however, I learned very early that you win by making the other team play YOUR game and never allow them to get into a rhythm. You do that and you give yourself a better shot of winning.

You would think we would understand the concept cause every team in the NFL uses it on us with Smith. I mean If the Cards left Smith alone like that he would have ripped them a new one also.

Posted · Report post

Logical reasons for this strategy listed below:

(nope, there ain't any)