Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Enter your logical reasons for not double teaming Fitz.

40 posts in this topic

Posted

I'll take a stab at this.

They didn't know Boldin wasn't going to play until just before game time. They practiced all week expecting to face him and Fitz. You obviously can't double cover them both. Once they realized Boldin wouldn't play, it was too late to change coverage schemes?

I could be totally wrong. This game reminded me of what Smitty did to Chicago in 2005.

Yeap, Gamble was covering Breaston... Fox failed to adjust and it cost us. Fox never adjust... Hes one stubborn motherfuger..

Posted

I'll take a stab at this.

They didn't know Boldin wasn't going to play until just before game time. They practiced all week expecting to face him and Fitz. You obviously can't double cover them both. Once they realized Boldin wouldn't play, it was too late to change coverage schemes?

I could be totally wrong. This game reminded me of what Smitty did to Chicago in 2005.

why in the hell would you choose to double cover boldin over fitz, if they were both playing? boldin is good but fitz is on another level, even if boldin played they should have been double covering fitz

Posted

If you have been in coaching and playing football as long as these people in the NFL have been, and you can't figure out how to go from double coverage on 2 wr's, to doubling 1, then you don't need to be in the NFL.

That just doesn't make any sense whatsoever. That is when you make adjustments, and it seems we have forever in a day had no grasp of that concept.

Posted

It would've required adjusting the gameplan, after we knew Boldin was out. That gameplan was a work of art, and no fool with sound mind would've tampered with that gem of football genius.

Posted

I think that they prepped for us running the ball all over the cards and completely disregarded Ariz playing offense in practice. So when Fitz actually did get on the field, they were completely unprepared. Of course, that game plan only works when you actually run the damn ball.

Posted

If you have been in coaching and playing football as long as these people in the NFL have been, and you can't figure out how to go from double coverage on 2 wr's, to doubling 1, then you don't need to be in the NFL.

That just doesn't make any sense whatsoever. That is when you make adjustments, and it seems we have forever in a day had no grasp of that concept.

:iagree:

Posted

fitz has cooties. there's no reason for two defenders to get cooties. i hear they spread like wildfire without the circle-circle-dot-dot cootie shot.

Posted

Hey People, long time reader, first time poster. I was wondering myself why Fitz was wide open on several plays, thinking to myself by that point in the 2nd quarter after already get burnt by him "Are we really still playing a soft zone against someone who is tourching us?". Then the next play he catches the (&*)( ball wide open, question answered. Am I the only person who wonders why the hell we play EVERY SINGLE PASS PROTECTION without any bump in the first 5 yards. I mean seriously, if the dude is constinently beating you, play press and pop his ass right off the line. Also, why the hell was Deangelo standing on the sideline so much? I guess he's 23TD's this season didn't give Fox the warm fuzzies he needed to stick with the run.

Posted

Boldin didnt practice all week. I didnt think he would play. Dont know how you could think they were planned for Boldin playing.

Posted

Boldin beat us last time, so they kept rolling the coverage towards Boldin. We did shut out Boldin

Posted

As bad as we covered, might have well left the nickel package out the whole time trying to shut down Fitz.

Posted

Boldin beat us last time, so they kept rolling the coverage towards Boldin. We did shut out Boldin

Yeah, Boldin had 0 catches and 0 yards. The D held up well.