Photo
- - - - -

Enter your logical reasons for not double teaming Fitz.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
39 replies to this topic

#31 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,547 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 02:11 PM

So we see even more how obvious the strategy is and how DUMB it was.

#32 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,354 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 02:15 PM

It seems like so long ago that players were excited about playing in this defensive system since Trgo/Fox supposedly had made the system "simpler".

#33 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 21,547 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 02:23 PM

The simple part is "supposed" to be an offshoot of what the Ravens started in 00.
Allow your players to read the O. Almost a defensive version of the Run and Shoot where its a free flowing system based on split second reads.
Well. Not so good in Carolina.

You can have a system but you need to be in game smart ala Belechieck(who cares on the spelling). He is known for treating each game as it should be treated...one game.

Again, this game was Football 101. Even if after the start of the game you realize Boldin is out then you roll your coverage over to Fitz. Make them adjust now. By NOT doing that AZ was able to remain in their comfort zone.
I have coached youth sports so by no means am I on the pro level, however, I learned very early that you win by making the other team play YOUR game and never allow them to get into a rhythm. You do that and you give yourself a better shot of winning.

#34 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • 12,132 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 02:36 PM

So we can get rid of Lucas and Trgo in one season.

#35 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • 12,132 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 02:38 PM

The simple part is "supposed" to be an offshoot of what the Ravens started in 00.
Allow your players to read the O. Almost a defensive version of the Run and Shoot where its a free flowing system based on split second reads.
Well. Not so good in Carolina.

You can have a system but you need to be in game smart ala Belechieck(who cares on the spelling). He is known for treating each game as it should be treated...one game.

Again, this game was Football 101. Even if after the start of the game you realize Boldin is out then you roll your coverage over to Fitz. Make them adjust now. By NOT doing that AZ was able to remain in their comfort zone.
I have coached youth sports so by no means am I on the pro level, however, I learned very early that you win by making the other team play YOUR game and never allow them to get into a rhythm. You do that and you give yourself a better shot of winning.

You would think we would understand the concept cause every team in the NFL uses it on us with Smith. I mean If the Cards left Smith alone like that he would have ripped them a new one also.

#36 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,451 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 05:30 PM

Logical reasons for this strategy listed below:

(nope, there ain't any)

#37 bigdog_10_2002

bigdog_10_2002

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 05:55 PM

Arizona's feared and resurgent running game....

lol....ok seriously there are none

#38 MurkN

MurkN

Simple And Plain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 05:57 PM

The other team practices too!

Well at least I'm getting Fox logic.

#39 Jangler

Jangler

that funky feeling to get you through

• HUDDLER
  • 47,836 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 05:58 PM

Turdo is a dumbass.

/thread

#40 beastson

beastson

Philly Cheese Steak

• HUDDLER
  • 10,076 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 06:02 PM

Zod, I mean this in the most heterosexual way possible...... I liked your old Avatar better...

Fox wants Boldin. To do so, Fox wanted to make Fitz look REALLY REALLY good in a playoff game so he'll demand more money and the Cards are forced to cut Boldin allowing Fox to pick him up.....

I tried...

lool

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com