Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,155 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:06 PM

With your ficticious scenario?

Awesome song form the 90's

The scenario is just that, a scenario. A scenario is an account of a possible event or course of action.

Here is a thread full of positive christian speak.
http://www.carolinah...ok-friends.html

Of course, as with all threads, the thread evolves into bewbie talk at the end I'm sure.

Edited by SouthCakPanther, 11 August 2010 - 01:14 PM.

#107 Captroop

Captroop

Pronounced, "Cat Poop"

• HUDDLER
  • 4,558 posts
  • LocationNot Telling... CatofWar might find me.

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:16 PM

I'm pretty sure there are rules as to what religious items can be worn with a uniform. I would imagine actually imprinting it somewhere on the gun would be against said rules.

The government is paying for them. Not the troops. They don't buy their own sights. Therefore, it's with the government the beef should be directed at, not the company making them.

Even so, I'm not going to get any gray hairs over something that you need a magnifying glass to see, then you have to decode, then you need to look up the Bible verse to see what it means, and at any point in the preceding steps it could just as ealily be written off as a serial code.

If their sights had spelled out "God is Great! Death to Brown People!" Then I can see maybe having an issue.

#108 Claws

Claws

• HUDDLER
  • 4,100 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:18 PM

The scenario is just that, a scenario. A scenario is an account of a possible event or course of action.

Of course, as with all threads, the thread evolves into bewbie talk at the end I'm sure.

Damn. Wow. Dare I say "BOOM BITCHES!"

That looks to me like a thread chop full of people making fun of Christians....just saying.

#109 Claws

Claws

• HUDDLER
  • 4,100 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:20 PM

Even so, I'm not going to get any gray hairs over something that you need a magnifying glass to see, then you have to decode, then you need to look up the Bible verse to see what it means, and at any point in the preceding steps it could just as ealily be written off as a serial code.

If their sights had spelled out "God is Great! Death to Brown People!" Then I can see maybe having an issue.

Okay, well that's you. It doesn't matter to me. There's no way the sights the United States government purchases for a war against muslims is cool. It shouldn't happen and legally, I would imagine a stink could made about it. You know, the whole separation of church/state thingy dealy whopper betcha.

#110 Captroop

Captroop

Pronounced, "Cat Poop"

• HUDDLER
  • 4,558 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:23 PM

Do you have problems with Chaplains in the Military? Do you have a problem with soldiers praying while they are engaged in a war with Muslims? I don't. I'm all for anything that gives our soldiers any kind of confidence or solace.

And I'm and Atheist.

#111 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 7,031 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:25 PM

Not true. Please give me an example of my hypocrisy instead of making up scenarios that have never happened. And please stop putting words in my mouth.

If Christian's were being denied their right to practice their religion or to build a church on their own property then I'd be speaking up for them too but in America that doesn't happen very often if at all.

edit* Actually if it was against the law in Saudi Arabia for Christians to build a church next to Mecca (which i'm pretty sure it is) then I'd say I disagree with the law but think the Christians need to follow the laws of the land they are in.

:smilielol5:

#112 Claws

Claws

• HUDDLER
  • 4,100 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:27 PM

Do you have problems with Chaplains in the Military? Do you have a problem with soldiers praying while they are engaged in a war with Muslims? I don't. I'm all for anything that gives our soldiers any kind of confidence or solace.

And I'm and Atheist.

Not sure what i said that ever gave you that impression. Allow me to restate this here.......having the gun that is killing muslims (sometimes innocent women and children) emblazoned with a verse is in no way, shape, or form good for anything. It's not good for the government which is already viewed as Zionists. I can't imagine it is a very good witness for Christianity either. The very gun that is killing muslims, babies, women, terrorists, whatever....emblazoned with a Christian verse from The Holy Bible is not a good idea. What is it's purpose? To make the shooter feel better about themselves? Or to witness to the person that gun just killed?
What's the use? And the fact that MY government is paying for them, i don't like.

#113 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,251 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:33 PM

Um, I guess I missed the part where people said Christians couldn't build a church somewhere in America. Forgive bc my reading comprehension is only a bit stronger than your ability to link pertinent information.

#114 Captroop

Captroop

Pronounced, "Cat Poop"

• HUDDLER
  • 4,558 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:44 PM

Not sure what i said that ever gave you that impression. Allow me to restate this here.......having the gun that is killing muslims (sometimes innocent women and children) emblazoned with a verse is in no way, shape, or form good for anything. It's not good for the government which is already viewed as Zionists. I can't imagine it is a very good witness for Christianity either. The very gun that is killing muslims, babies, women, terrorists, whatever....emblazoned with a Christian verse from The Holy Bible is not a good idea. What is it's purpose? To make the shooter feel better about themselves? Or to witness to the person that gun just killed?
What's the use? And the fact that MY government is paying for them, i don't like.

Would the killing of civilians be any better if the gun sights didn't have a Bible verse on them? What difference does it make?

People just put way too much stock in symbols (and words, and images). I guess I'm just too much of a realist for your argument to make sense to me. Others might get offended that there is a Bible verse on a sight that goes on a gun, that might be used in a war on Muslims, that might kill women and children, and might look bad for Christianity as a whole. I see it for what it is, a collections of alphanumeric characters stamped on a piece of metal by some press in a munitions factory somewhere in Bumville Ohio (that's probably made for an arms company with a conservative Christian veteran for a CEO, who wants his own personal religious values on his product, or has some misguided idea that most American soldiers are christian, and this verse might help them), that has exactly no intrinsic value in and of itself until people start artificially start injecting meaning into them.

Who cares?

#115 Claws

Claws

• HUDDLER
  • 4,100 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:46 PM

Would the killing of civilians be any better if the gun sights didn't have a Bible verse on them? What difference does it make?

People just put way too much stock in symbols (and words, and images). I guess I'm just too much of a realist for your argument to make sense to me. Others might get offended that a sight that goes on a gun, that might be used in a war on Muslims, that might kill women and children, and might look bad for Christianity as a whole. I see it for what it is, a collections of alphanumeric characters stamped on a piece of metal by some press in a munitions factory somewhere in Bumville Ohio (that's probably made for an arms company with a conservative Christian veteran for a CEO, who wants his own personal religious values on his product, or has some misguided idea that most American soldiers are christian, and this verse might help them), that has exactly no intrinsic value in and of itself until people start artificially start injecting meaning into them.

Who cares?

While you see it that way, do you really think it won't add one more to the long list of done me wrongs that they have already got against us? Whether that list is accurate or not isn't the question. If we are truly concerned about image and our standing in the middle east, this isn't even a question. Of course they're gonna see it for symbolism and add it right to the rest of the list.

#116 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,155 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:48 PM

Um, I guess I missed the part where people said Christians couldn't build a church somewhere in America. Forgive bc my reading comprehension is only a bit stronger than your ability to link pertinent information.

That link is to a thread where people were having a good old time joking about Christians and their "whacky" views. Something I pointed out in a later post.

I stand by my scenario that if Billy Graham wanted to build his library next to a mosque in a muslim neighborhood in San Francisco or Detroit, there would be outrage from the left.

Thought this was funny. NYC mosque 2.0 in Malaysia. Malaysians must hate Hindu's.
http://www.breitbart...&show_article=1

KUALA LUMPUR, July 27 (AP) - (Kyodo)—A Malaysian court on Tuesday fined 12 Muslim men and sentenced one to a week in jail for participating in a protest over a Hindu temple that involved a cow's head.
The 12 were among some 50 Malay-Muslims who demonstrated on Aug. 28 outside the Selangor state government's office in its capital Shah Alam to protest against the government's decision to relocate a Hindu temple to a Malay-Muslim majority neighborhood in the city.

They threatened bloodshed and stomped and spat on the head of the cow, an animal that is sacred to Hindus.

#117 Captroop

Captroop

Pronounced, "Cat Poop"

• HUDDLER
  • 4,558 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 02:03 PM

While you see it that way, do you really think it won't add one more to the long list of done me wrongs that they have already got against us? Whether that list is accurate or not isn't the question. If we are truly concerned about image and our standing in the middle east, this isn't even a question. Of course they're gonna see it for symbolism and add it right to the rest of the list.

So, to rephrase, we should to consciously make efforts to behave in such a way as to not piss off Islamic extremists? Isn't that the whole, "the terrorists win" thingy?

And I'm not sure you've been paying attention for the last decade, but I think we have quite a laundry list of "done me wrongs" that insurgents and terrorists don't seem to give a fug about.

#118 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

• HUDDLER
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 02:08 PM

If Christians acted more Christ-like I don't think there would be any issue.

This attitude is different from the Muslim-haters how?

Judging all by the worst examples are we?

#119 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,251 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 02:08 PM

That link is to a thread where people were having a good old time joking about Christians and their "whacky" views. Something I pointed out in a later post.

I stand by my scenario that if Billy Graham wanted to build his library next to a mosque in a muslim neighborhood in San Francisco or Detroit, there would be outrage from the left.

So you wouldn't support Billy Grahams right to build his library there?

#120 Claws

Claws

• HUDDLER
  • 4,100 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 02:09 PM

So, to rephrase, we should to consciously make efforts to behave in such a way as to not piss off Islamic extremists? Isn't that the whole, "the terrorists win" thingy?

And I'm not sure you've been paying attention for the last decade, but I think we have quite a laundry list of "done me wrongs" that insurgents and terrorists don't seem to give a fug about.

I'm not suggesting we don't. But yeah, I'd like to not piss off islamic extremists....maybe that's just me. I don't believe they don't win. None of us are gonna win.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.