104 replies to this topic

#31 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,867 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 10:07 PM

At the expense of paying hundreds of dollars to upgrade your computer every couple years to accomodate the new games..

yeah this isn't true at all.

you can easily massively upgrade a computer with like 50 bucks if you know what you're doing, and that's compared to a five year old console you can't touch.

#32 Hugor Hill

Hugor Hill

It's not easy being drunk all the time

• HUDDLER
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 10:14 PM

Upon further review, you don't get commentary in SuperStar mode for some reason. Just played the preseason in franchise mode. But it still is like 2 FPS animation at the end of the game.

#33 MurkN

MurkN

Simple And Plain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 10:33 PM

I picked up Madden today and sadly the best thing about it was the fake cover I used to try and cover Drew Brees' big mole.

Posted Image

#34 Cat'sGrowl

Cat'sGrowl

The Beast Lurks Once More

• HUDDLER
  • 7,113 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 10:35 PM

yeah this isn't true at all.

you can easily massively upgrade a computer with like 50 bucks if you know what you're doing, and that's compared to a five year old console you can't touch.

yeah, that's not true either..
The current generation of gaming consoles has been out a while, and is only about half way through it's lifespan.
The amount of software updates they're receiving, especially this year, is incredible.
The thing is, the technology behind PC games won't surpass console gaming because game developers won't let it.
Games are made are made to cater to console technology, and any game that surpasses it, is likely to be shelved until console tech catches up.
All about the market..

#35 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,867 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 10:49 PM

wanna give me a single example of any console game that looks better than its pc equivalent because lol

ahh yes these software updates sure do a number for the hardware

#36 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,067 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 10:51 PM

All-Madden is still broken. The other difficulties are too easy, but All-Madden seems to turn off your team's tackling and blocking ability. The sliders don't seems to help either. I'm also wondering why Mike Goodson's pic is used for Corvey Irvin.

I noticed that too.

Played my first opponent online and beat the Colts, Double-Trouble ran for 233.

#37 brandon_87

brandon_87

ooh wee mayne he dat deal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 10:55 PM

smashing online is so easy, I noticed this lame comment from collinsworth saying we were 3rd in rushing last year but we fumbled too much and that held us back??? wtf? I fuging hate collinsworth

#38 Cracka McNasty

Cracka McNasty

WWNPHD?

• HUDDLER
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 11:03 PM

my mini review:

I like the gameplay better than last year. the running and direction changes are much much smoother and don't make you stop dead in order to change directions. much more realistic. passing is more difficult, but then again I play with the panthers, so, for all i know it doesn't suck all that much (because the panthers sure do in this game.)

I don't have live at the moment, new apartment and whatnot, so i am just using the default rosters and such. I edited a few folks just to make me feel better (made lafell a 90 in speed and armanti about a 94 instead of 88s, made greg hardy reasonably good, and made matt moore an 80 overall)

The swagger thing makes no sense, what the hell is it for anyway?

offline franchise is the exact same thing as last year's. no improvements or changes. none. HUGE letdown for me.

Soundtrack is pretty banging. no shitty screamo/emo cut myself songs to be found. AC/DC, Ozzy, Bush, that song let it rock (i like that song). very happy with their music selections this year.

the madden moments are nifty, except for one fact, the panthers only have one moment to play, the buffalo game, and it's called "don't lose the game". you start after kenny moore would have dropped the punt. That is the one madden moment involving our beloved panthers. The lions have more, the chiefs have more, the colts and saints have like 8, the pats have about 7 and the rams even have like 3. Skins do too. I know it's a silly complaint, but dammit, I want to play with the panthers in those things. kind of shitty we only get one moment from last year.

I'm not a big fan of this whole gameplan thing they want to shove down our throats. kind of annoying and not all that fantastical. They also changed the way you call audibles and hot routes so that is screwing me up at the moment, but i'm sure i'll get use to it.

and that is my mini review in a nutshell.

#39 Cracka McNasty

Cracka McNasty

WWNPHD?

• HUDDLER
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 11:04 PM

and that's where babies come from.

random double post.

#40 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,958 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 11:26 PM

I'm enjoying Madden 11 as well, but I did have to create my own Armanti Edwards since the Armanti that came with the game is a light-skinned black guy with no hair...

Now that I have an Armanti that actually looks like Armanti, I'm having a great time.

#41 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,345 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 11:31 PM

Much better than last year! Better graphics, much more fluid gameplay, and the passing is a lot better, as is the running. The replays they show while you select your next play is a nice little touch. I turn off commentary, game flow, and any other nonsense stuff and just play the damn game. The WR changes with in-bounds catching is sweet, and I like the subtraction of the sprint button for running. I don't mind the change to the kicking and I'm a novice player so I couldn't care less about how audibles were changed. I'll learn the new way.

I traded a 2nd round pick for Hakeem Nicks, lol. And Kenny Moore is my best WR after two pre-season games. I trounced the Ravens and beat the Jets in OT. Sanchez carved my ass up.

So yeah, if you just like having fun and playing a football game, get it. It's great. It is not simply a roster update, as the haters would like you to believe.

#42 Carolina Crazy V2

Carolina Crazy V2

!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:03 AM

If ya'll want realistic results, go for 10 min quarters and 15 sec accelerated clock. Also, used custom difficulty instead of just all-pro or all-madden. I go in between:11 for rush and pass offense and 10 for pass defense and 12 for rush defense

Through 3 weeks in franchise, I am 3-0, 2 of which were very close games. Our rush defense is holding up decently and Charles Johnson has 3 sack as well as Beason. Everette Brown also has a sack and so does Greg Hardy. (we have 11 in total). Matt Moore has about an 80 QB rating, Smitty has 230 receiving yards and Lafell is also doin pretty well. Williams has like 320 rush yards and Stewart has 200-somthing yards.

Edited by Carolina Crazy V2, 11 August 2010 - 12:06 AM.

#43 PantherExpress

PantherExpress

89's in the building..

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:16 AM

I'm enjoying Madden 11 as well, but I did have to create my own Armanti Edwards since the Armanti that came with the game is a light-skinned black guy with no hair...

Now that I have an Armanti that actually looks like Armanti, I'm having a great time.

This has driven me crazy so far. I need to remember to do this in the morning...

#44 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • 2,114 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:25 AM

yeah, that's not true either..
The current generation of gaming consoles has been out a while, and is only about half way through it's lifespan.
The amount of software updates they're receiving, especially this year, is incredible.
The thing is, the technology behind PC games won't surpass console gaming because game developers won't let it.
Games are made are made to cater to console technology, and any game that surpasses it, is likely to be shelved until console tech catches up.
All about the market..

... uhhh... have you seen crysis? theres a reason its not out for xbox or playstation. games are made to cater to console technology my ass. keyboard and mouse far surpasses the precision, vast amount of on the fly hot keys, control, communication abilities, versatility and familiarity of a controller. i dont understand why it isnt easier to get a keyboard and mouse for xbox or ps3, hell navigating through the stupid menus just to change a few settings or invite a friend into a game is a pain in the ass. pc technology and hardware has been ahead of consoles for every major console release since the sony playstation.

also i only spent $186 dollars to turn my medium-high end 2006 computer into a medium-high end 2010 computer about 4 months ago. not a bad deal, especially considering u save money on games (unless its starcraft 2) and everyone on here ALREADY HAS A COMPUTER. not to mention how easy it is to get emulators and ROMs, some of those old games are tons of fun (and you cant beat free). finally, look at everything else your computer can do that your console cant (or can do in limited fashion). fully functional media center, cd/dvd burner, port for mp3 player, web surfer, email checker, weather, calenders, sticky notes, etc etc etc. hell now that i think about it, the only use i really have for my xbox is super street fighter 4.

is madden 11 worth 70 bucks? doubt it, but that shouldnt stop people from getting it. hell i was dumb enough to get suckered into getting madden 10 and modern warfare 2 (AND one of those map packs).

#45 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:04 AM

uh p much the only game I play is civilization

sorry about ur post

Speaking of which...Civilization V is coming out Sept. 21. :yesnod:

As for Madden 2011, I believe I'll pass. I've already got NCAA 11 and it's great.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.