Photo
- - - - -

Madden 11 is great this year!!!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
104 replies to this topic

#91 DudeNamedJeremy

DudeNamedJeremy

That's what she said.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 11 August 2010 - 11:14 PM

dwill 98 yard run vs the ravens online http://www.easports..../video/30018999

#92 Wither

Wither

Relatively Unknown Poster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 11 August 2010 - 11:17 PM

dwill 98 yard run vs the ravens online http://www.easports..../video/30018999

Those are some awesome recycled animations from 2008.

I love how all the defenders are running in the same exact direction and change direction at the same exact time and run the same exact way.

Seriously, in Madden 10 none of this bothered me. But for some reason the lack of more realistic animations is really bugging me with Madden 11. It's 2010 for Christ's sake!

Nice run though. :cool:

#93 Carolina Crazy V2

Carolina Crazy V2
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 12 August 2010 - 12:07 AM

Gamertag: Crunchbite58

#94 brandon_87

brandon_87

ooh wee mayne he dat deal

HUDDLER

Posted 12 August 2010 - 12:20 AM

I got it today. Here are some quick blurbs

I like the sideline catches, the competent run blocking, and the graphics.

I started franchise up and played through 3 games on All-Pro with 7 min quarters.

I played the Giants, it was raining. The Giants ended up fumbling twice and Eli through 4 picks before it was all said and done. He was having to throw a lot because the ground game was unstoppable. I clobbered them with over 50 points, Manning torched my secondary while throwing the 4 picks.

I played the Bucs. Their D-line was killing me. Hayes and McCoy were unstoppable against the run. Simmilar to the giants game but a much lower margin of victory.
I simmed the next game so I could play the Saints. Holy Crap they are high powered. I guess they've earned it.

They kicked my ass but I still won. It was the closest game I've ever played on Madden period. It was 42-41. It's too long of a story to explain. Overall they put 580 yards on me and moved the ball at will.

Right now running the ball is ridiculously easy, I have Williams and Stewart on pace for 4000 yards total. We are probably the best team in the game for running the ball but this is ridiculous.

Defending the pass is impossible, I've tried almost everything. I guess having the secondary with such low awareness is a severe weakness. They're retarded.

I'll try adjusting sliders for a few days but if it doesn't feel right I'll return it.

lmao, what running plays were you runnng? I got a poo load of trophies from that game,

213 yards rushing,
broken tackels,
I held them to negative yardage,
C. Johnson had 6 sacks from a 4-6 base cover 3, freeman kept rolling out
I ran a pick back for 6.
I shut them out 55-0, was going for the 59 point one but I threw a pick in the end zone with 2 seconds left

all that on 5 mins all pro
I had no problem what so ever running on tampa, a good play is I form power, slide line right and use some skill to break it loose, d will or stew can run over most corners and safetys and then there is a power PA that works good as well

#95 pantherdad

pantherdad

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 12 August 2010 - 07:51 AM

can you edit current players features? uh. deangelo has had long hair for the last couple of years now....and armanti was kinda light.....just saying

#96 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

SUPPORTER

Posted 12 August 2010 - 08:22 AM

can you edit current players features? uh. deangelo has had long hair for the last couple of years now....and armanti was kinda light.....just saying

No, but you can create a player so I just renamed the Armanti that came with the game and created an Armanti that looks 99% accurate (don't have his actual face in the game).

#97 Wither

Wither

Relatively Unknown Poster

HUDDLER

Posted 12 August 2010 - 10:10 AM

In 2010 I'm pretty sure you could edit the players from the main menu.

#98 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

SUPPORTER

Posted 12 August 2010 - 11:09 AM

In 2010 I'm pretty sure you could edit the players from the main menu.

In both 10 and 11 you can edit personal information, equipment and ratings but you cannot edit things like hair or build (unlike NCAA 11 where you can edit build - but there is no hair).

The holy grail will be the day you can edit things like hair and build. I've contacted Phil Frazier about DeAngelo's hair every year and he's acknowledged my message by saying "we'll look into it" but every year we keep getting DeAngelo with no hair.

On the other hand, I harped on the inaccuracy of the shoulder stripes for the Panthers uniform when a player is sleeveless (stripes are supposed to become thinner and do not wrap all the way around) and they did something about it this year. I got a cryptic message from Phil Frazier in response to my post before the game released this year saying "I think you'll be happy with Madden 11".

#99 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

HUDDLER

Posted 12 August 2010 - 11:33 AM

How does it compare with last year's Madden 11?

..thinking the same

#100 SorthNarolina

SorthNarolina

HUDDLER

Posted 12 August 2010 - 12:47 PM

lmao, what running plays were you runnng? I got a poo load of trophies from that game,

213 yards rushing,
broken tackels,
I held them to negative yardage,
C. Johnson had 6 sacks from a 4-6 base cover 3, freeman kept rolling out
I ran a pick back for 6.
I shut them out 55-0, was going for the 59 point one but I threw a pick in the end zone with 2 seconds left

all that on 5 mins all pro
I had no problem what so ever running on tampa, a good play is I form power, slide line right and use some skill to break it loose, d will or stew can run over most corners and safetys and then there is a power PA that works good as well

I do a lot of off tackle plays. For whatever reason is just wasn't working. I'm going to try a little harder I guess.

#101 thunderraiden

thunderraiden

Thunder God Member

HUDDLER

Posted 12 August 2010 - 01:00 PM

EA is the worst thing to happen to video games since the ET video game and you people make it worse by dropping 70 dollars a year on a roster update that still isn't as good as NFL2K1

or actually I play a lot of those paradox games

mass effect was pretty amazing as was fallout 3

Nice job of standing by your statements, always buy used, even in the case of madden, just file a charge back like i explain in my new post.

#102 Kognan

Kognan

Barbarian Representative

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 12 August 2010 - 02:49 PM

Nice job of standing by your statements, always buy used, even in the case of madden, just file a charge back like i explain in my new post.

I’m guessing he meant sports titles.

Picking my copy of Madden up this weekend.

#103 PantherExpress

PantherExpress

89's in the building..

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 12 August 2010 - 03:10 PM

No, but you can create a player so I just renamed the Armanti that came with the game and created an Armanti that looks 99% accurate (don't have his actual face in the game).

Can you control what their potential is when making a character? I didn't see anything for that, so I'm kind of assuming that it will calculate a potential based on what you placed each of the stats at.

#104 dbgameover

dbgameover

• Pip
ROOKIE

Posted 12 August 2010 - 05:03 PM

Can you control what their potential is when making a character? I didn't see anything for that, so I'm kind of assuming that it will calculate a potential based on what you placed each of the stats at.

on operation sports they said if you edit the player to a higher level then edit him back down it increases there potential.

back to the topic madden this year is fun yet not the most realistic. i would rather have a fun game than a game that trys to hard to emulate real life.

there are other games out there for your football sim needs back breaker is very good for that even though its franchise mode is lacking.and the 2k5 community is still strong.

#105 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

Dey Hate Us Because They Aint Us!

HUDDLER

Posted 12 August 2010 - 06:03 PM

I like the offensive plays in Madden 11 for Carolina. They seem to be versatile. I still see a lack of great pitch plays for Double Trouble.

In Madden 10 use Houston's offense and use Close Pro formations. The pitch play is devastating and use the quick pass audible and the full back is wide open...especially if you sub J stew in the play to FB to get the flat pass...if the flat is covered Smitty or King-Barnage is open....mostly.

If they blitz the run the quick pass will kill them. I am only one game in for Madden 11 so i need to see if the pitch plays work like in 10 for Kubiack's system......55 yard gains are common if the defender does not adjust his line.

Anyone else have Panther success stories....Goodson as the 3rd receiver and Barnage as the TE. Goodson as the Kick returner and J Stew returning punts. FS Martin as the 4th CB replacing slow azz C. Wilson.

At least this year the team speed is much better and no need to rely on Goodson as the 3rd receiver. Lafell is real good. Armanti is good as well. Just need Chris Harris back to knock the snot of the running backs to get that fumble!:idea: