Photo
- - - - -

And the Start Jimmy Clausen BS starts in just over 32 hours..

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
44 replies to this topic

#31 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 11 August 2010 - 10:46 AM

Zod, I gotta be honest, these "cute" little remarks your making about Jimmy being only 3rd string, are getting, well, tiresome.
You know as well as anyone else here Clausen is gonna be 2nd on the depth chart before long.

Not trying to cook your goose, just saying.

Well if he knows as well as anyone else then you, likewise, don't know as much as anyone else. The truth of the matter is that until the depth chart is actually changed know one knows anything. All you really are doing is speculating, you in fact have no facts about the if, when and how of the situation until it actually happens. The only fact that we do know right now is that right NOW Clausen is 3rd string.

#32 Cat'sGrowl

Cat'sGrowl

The Beast Lurks Once More

HUDDLER

Posted 11 August 2010 - 10:46 AM

Why OH why do people think I give a sh1t what they think??

What makes you think anyone here gives two squirts of piss what you think?
You should've kept this stupid "thought" of yours, where it belongs.
Inside your head.
Noone wants this nonsense taking a piss on our forum.

#33 The Saltman

The Saltman

I am always watching so make sure you keep your clothes on

Moderators

Posted 11 August 2010 - 10:48 AM

:D
http://www.carolinah...p-on-thurs.html

#34 dixontosanders

dixontosanders

That wizard guy

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 11 August 2010 - 10:53 AM

START Steve Beuerlein PROTEST!!!

#35 ZedLeppelin

ZedLeppelin

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 11 August 2010 - 10:54 AM

Can we please stop comparing them to Anderson/Quinn and instead start comparing them to Brees/Rivers?

#36 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

HUDDLER

Posted 11 August 2010 - 10:56 AM

:D
http://www.carolinah...p-on-thurs.html

Well I haven't been on the computer for a day so I'll apologize.

#37 Future Of The Franchise

Future Of The Franchise

The Ambassador of Booty

HUDDLER

Posted 11 August 2010 - 11:03 AM

START Steve Beuerlein PROTEST!!!

Weinke is our Future

#38 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

HUDDLER

Posted 11 August 2010 - 11:09 AM

Ooo thats clever. I see a nobel prize in science for you one day.

Like I was trying to impress.
Certainly was more clever than your bold prediction.

Edited by pantherclaw, 11 August 2010 - 11:11 AM.

#39 unicar15

unicar15

HUDDLER

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:36 PM

If Moore is good enough and looks like a QB that is going to win some playoff games for us then great...we trade Clausen like the Falcons traded Matt Schaub. However, if Moore sucks or is Jake Delhomme 2.0 and is mediocre then we have a guy with a GREAT pedigree sitting behind him that we can give a chance. There are PLENTY of examples of QB battles that have turned out positive for teams...

San Diego (Brees and Rivers)
Patriots (Bledsoe and Brady)
Cardinals (Warner and Leinart)

The list goes on. The similarity between all of those cases is that the best player played (except in the case of SD where they were so even that who cares?)

#40 pdandy1994

pdandy1994

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:44 PM

I dont know what you heard bout me
but you cant get a dollar outta me
no cadillac, no perms, you cant see
cause i gotta take a D.U.M.P

#41 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

HUDDLER

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:09 PM

I can see it happening with Moore/Clausen. Clausen was considered a top 10 talent, some claimed the best qb of the '09 draft, but dropped due to attitude problems. Moore was undrafted. The people that put where a player was drafted above everything else may get antsy.

Only Fox/Richardson can control whether it turns into a true Quinn/Anderson type situation though. I don't see them switching qbs on a regular basis. If Moore continues to show potential... the job is his. If fan opinion mattered they wouldn't have left Delhomme out there for 11 games last season. They would have saved him from himself.

I agree that the best player should win the job.

Another think I found interesting it that many here have annointed Clausen because he should have been a first rounder who dropped to the second round due to attitude concerns, yet Hardy and LaFell are not being talked about the same way. Hardy was considered a lock for a first rounder when he was SEC player of the year after his sophomore season. LaFell was considered a sure high first rounder at the end of his junior year.

I know we have high hopes for both Hardy and LaFell but I don't see folks going around saying Hardy should play instead of Charles Johnson or Brayton. We are glad LaFell is getting some playing time with the 1s but there is not nearly the outcry to start them and typically it is much easier for a WR or DE to perform their rookie year compared to a quarterback.

Seems a pretty big double standard going on here.

#42 Future Of The Franchise

Future Of The Franchise

The Ambassador of Booty

HUDDLER

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:15 PM

Cardinals (Warner and Leinart)

There was no battle
Posted Image

#43 SnarkAttack

SnarkAttack

Master of Disaster

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:18 PM

So we made a mistake drafting him 48th overall when he was projected top 10 and then made an even biggermistake by not trading him before he even plays in a game? Interessssssting......

#44 Varking

Varking

Enigma

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 11 August 2010 - 03:02 PM

I agree that the best player should win the job.

Another think I found interesting it that many here have annointed Clausen because he should have been a first rounder who dropped to the second round due to attitude concerns, yet Hardy and LaFell are not being talked about the same way. Hardy was considered a lock for a first rounder when he was SEC player of the year after his sophomore season. LaFell was considered a sure high first rounder at the end of his junior year.

I know we have high hopes for both Hardy and LaFell but I don't see folks going around saying Hardy should play instead of Charles Johnson or Brayton. We are glad LaFell is getting some playing time with the 1s but there is not nearly the outcry to start them and typically it is much easier for a WR or DE to perform their rookie year compared to a quarterback.

Seems a pretty big double standard going on here.

I posted in another thread I felt LaFell will be a starter at seasons end and I even if Hardy isn't starting, he is going to see significant time in games because of how dynamic he can be rushing the passer. If he plays in games like he has been practicing, he may start too.

I think the reason you may see rooting like you said is because typically, if a QB isn't starting, he doesn't impact the game. You don't see teams running a Dual QB system. A WR can still get a lot of plays called his way or looked at even if he is 4th on the depth chart. Same thing for Hardy. He could still rack up 5-7 sacks this year being used primarily as a third down rusher.

#45 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

HUDDLER

Posted 11 August 2010 - 03:28 PM

I posted in another thread I felt LaFell will be a starter at seasons end and I even if Hardy isn't starting, he is going to see significant time in games because of how dynamic he can be rushing the passer. If he plays in games like he has been practicing, he may start too.

I think the reason you may see rooting like you said is because typically, if a QB isn't starting, he doesn't impact the game. You don't see teams running a Dual QB system. A WR can still get a lot of plays called his way or looked at even if he is 4th on the depth chart. Same thing for Hardy. He could still rack up 5-7 sacks this year being used primarily as a third down rusher.

Good points.