Photo
- - - - -

If report is true then Darrelle Revis is officially a moron

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,720 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 10:13 PM

I just saw on the bottom line that the Jets and Revis are 40 Million dollars apart. At first I thought...Wow Woody Johnson is a stickler (in ridiculous pro sports terms). How much is he offering? I thought maybe he was offering a 3 year 50 million dollar deal and Revis wanted a 5 year 90 million dollar deal. That would be reasonable under recent NFL standards, right? It would also be pretty close to the Asomoah figure.

But no...

Darrelle Revis is holding out for an extra 40 million dollars when the Jets have reportedly offered him 120 million over 10 years. He wants 160 million dollars after ONE great season. I know you have to strike while the iron is hot and there is pressure from agents and players to get as much as you can so not to drive the market down. But when is enough, enough? If he is REALLY willing to risk sitting out possibly two entire seasons (lockout pending) over the difference between 120 and 160 million dollars then Darrelle Revis gets my "Biggest Moron In Sports" award.

Also...If the Jets ever gave in (not happening) then Woody Johnson would become the award winner. There is no way in HELL I would pay a cornerback 15 million dollars a year for the next 10 years. He is going to be over the hill by the time he is 30. If I were Johnson and I really wanted to salvage a Revis season AND get him a long-term contract then give him a 6 year 95 million dollar deal. Make the selfish bastard the richest defender in the league like he wants...and protect your ass on the back end of the deal.

Edited by unicar15, 11 August 2010 - 10:16 PM.

#2 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,543 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 10:54 PM

That's insane. The dude is straight nasty, but let's be honest with ourselves. If he's smart with even close to that much money he won't have to worry about anything in life.

#3 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

• Banned
  • 7,407 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 07:45 AM

Further evidence that there won't be football next year...

The players have gotten too greedy, and soft owners are partially to blame...

#4 Jangler

Jangler

that funky feeling to get you through

• HUDDLER
  • 47,830 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 07:50 AM

Good thing we didn't draft him like a lot of people wanted and were pissed when we didn't. Looks like we missed an expensive bullet.

#5 RazzleDazzle

RazzleDazzle

TROLL

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 08:18 AM

Good thing we didn't draft him like a lot of people wanted and were pissed when we didn't. Looks like we missed an expensive bullet.

Yeah, thank god we didn't draft him.

#6 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

• Banned
  • 7,407 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 08:22 AM

I wouldn't want to play in NY/NJ either...

That area is full of yankees...

#7 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,684 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 08:34 AM

The per year salary is an issue, but I thought the conflict was more over the guaranteed money than anything...

#8 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

YNWA

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,546 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 09:32 AM

That's absurd. Thank the lord for Beason.

#9 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,422 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 11:03 AM

That's absurd. Thank the lord for Beason.

Who was openly giddy over the extension given Willis and will also be looking to get paid.

The Revis thing is mostly Al Davis' fault. Revis is better than Nnamdi Asomugha and wants to get paid like it.

#10 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

YNWA

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,546 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 11:36 AM

Who was openly giddy over the extension given Willis and will also be looking to get paid.

The Revis thing is mostly Al Davis' fault. Revis is better than Nnamdi Asomugha and wants to get paid like it.

Sure he will. But he will likely be within reason. This contract that Revis reportedly wants is insane.

#11 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,901 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 11:39 AM

The per year salary is an issue, but I thought the conflict was more over the guaranteed money than anything...

Right the per year could mean anything. Its all about the guaranteed.

#12 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,422 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 11:43 AM

Sure he will. But he will likely be within reason. This contract that Revis reportedly wants is insane.

You gonna pay Beast WLB or MLB money? There is a difference.

#13 Future Of The Franchise

Future Of The Franchise

The Ambassador of Booty

• HUDDLER
  • 5,815 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 11:47 AM

hahaha, man... kids today. i say they demote him to the minor leagues and make him play in the ufl for a year.

#14 Jaxel

Jaxel

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 05:48 PM

It was because the money guaranteed was really low.

#15 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

YNWA

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,546 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 06:11 AM

You gonna pay Beast WLB or MLB money? There is a difference.

He'll get captain/best player on D money. He will get a contract very similar to Willis I would imagine.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com