• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

#1 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 08:02 AM

The way things look now, If AE was a UFA< would he make even the practice squad?

Probably not. He would be one of the many players cut from the team outright. Has shown nothing on special teams and can't seem to hold onto balls against 3rd string DB's.

He would be given another chance next season.

That said, his cost in the draft probably assures him a roster spot, which is a shame. Does he have potential? Maybe. Can we afford another roster spot for a pure project considering we have to use up 2 roster spots because our field goal kicker can't do kickoffs? Nope.

#2 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,443 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 13 August 2010 - 08:04 AM

Probably true... I was not impressed last night at all by Edwards. He looked slow.

Nothing we can do about it however, I hope he improves.

#3 JungleCat

JungleCat

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 08:04 AM

Make him the third QB.

#4 Zcustom

Zcustom

The Irish Hammer

• HUDDLER
  • 5,704 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 08:06 AM

Based on last night? PS at best

He looked more tentative and unsure of himself than anything else. That one punt where he turned on the jets he showed some good speed.

#5 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,375 posts

I honesly feel like the Panthers fuged up the past two drafts in moving up in the draft- EB looks like a child on the field and AE doesn't look like a football player.

#6 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,608 posts
  • LocationDa City

he will improve i mean the guy hasnt played wr since hs. this was his first real game situation. he needed yesterday to get smacked around to see how it feels, and will adjust from here.

#7 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,375 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 08:07 AM

Bill Belichick FTW

#8 Cyclonus

Cyclonus

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 08:08 AM

Bad trade...bad pick. Baltimore gave up a 3rd for Boldin. The Panthers gave up a 2nd for Armanti. Doh!

#9 woody

woody

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Lets be honest. That was the first preseason game

#10 ZedLeppelin

ZedLeppelin

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

He looks horrible. Its a good thing we got Hardy and Norwood late to make up for blundering that pick and giving up next years 2nd for an arena league player.

#11 Kingpatecu

Kingpatecu

I Bleed BlacknBlue

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 08:10 AM

He showed a little promise on his first punt return but it was pretty wide open for him. At WR he was not impressive at all, and what really got me every time he lined up I could tell you if we were running or throwing just based on his body language and how he set up.

Not sure if thats due to his lack of knowledge or interest in the running game or if its just bad coaching by not correcting it by this point in TC.

#12 woody

woody

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 08:11 AM

Bad trade...bad pick. Baltimore gave up a 3rd for Boldin. The Panthers gave up a 2nd for Armanti. Doh!

Actually I think they gave up a 3rd, 4th and a 5th

#13 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,476 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 08:11 AM

my take on AE last night...

for a guy who never returned a punt in a game.....to go out there in the rain and do what AE did was impressive. It shows you how quick he is catching on.....now the question is can he continue his rapid pace.

Anyone who thought they were gonna see an athletic version of Mark Jones preseason game 1 was smoking stuff. I imagine by preseason game 3 there will be noticeable difference.

#14 CharlotteBeer.com

CharlotteBeer.com

Resident Beer Nerd

• HUDDLER
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 08:13 AM

Answer this question honestly: did you expect more from a quarterback playing his first NFL game as a punt returner and receiver in the rain?

#15 woody

woody

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 08:13 AM

my take on AE last night...

for a guy who never returned a punt in a game.....to go out there in the rain and do what AE did was impressive. It shows you how quick he is catching on.....now the question is can he continue his rapid pace.

Anyone who thought they were gonna see an athletic version of Mark Jones preseason game 1 was smoking stuff. I imagine by preseason game 3 there will be noticeable difference.

My thoughts exactly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com