Photo
- - - - -

Matt Moore

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
66 replies to this topic

#61 WSBpanthers

WSBpanthers

ROOKIE

Posted 14 August 2010 - 08:01 PM

There has been far more hype for Moore since last year my friend. All he did was have a mediocre performance that was hailed as the second coming! The guy is a shitty QB period. Im not sure that Clausen will be the man either, it's to early to tell. But so far pre season game 1 goes to Clausen.

Can you please explain what is mediocre about having 3tds 0ints 299yrds with a passer rating of 123.2 on sunday night football in front of the whole nation against one of the best teams in the NFL?? And dont try and say he was throwing to anybody wide open he was just raw and maybe you shouldnt try to cut down his performance just because you want clausen to play.

#62 Varking

Varking

Enigma

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 15 August 2010 - 07:05 AM

Can you please explain what is mediocre about having 3tds 0ints 299yrds with a passer rating of 123.2 on sunday night football in front of the whole nation against one of the best teams in the NFL?? And dont try and say he was throwing to anybody wide open he was just raw and maybe you shouldnt try to cut down his performance just because you want clausen to play.

I'm on my phone so its hard to check but if its the Viking game he did throw at least 1 td to a wide open wr and he fumbled twice. We just licked out and got the ball back. Fumbling is sort of an issue. The Viking also ranked 10th in the NFL for most passing touchdown given up so it wasn't like Moore was carving up an amazing secondly.

If you are talking about the Giants game than all that needs to be said is the only team in Football to give up more touchdown in the air was the Lions. They were both good games but give them some perspective and don't leave things out like fumbles.

#63 Jesusthug

Jesusthug

Boats & Hoes

ROOKIE

Posted 15 August 2010 - 03:55 PM

I'm on my phone so its hard to check but if its the Viking game he did throw at least 1 td to a wide open wr and he fumbled twice. We just licked out and got the ball back. Fumbling is sort of an issue. The Viking also ranked 10th in the NFL for most passing touchdown given up so it wasn't like Moore was carving up an amazing secondly.

If you are talking about the Giants game than all that needs to be said is the only team in Football to give up more touchdown in the air was the Lions. They were both good games but give them some perspective and don't leave things out like fumbles.

Exactly!!

#64 Jesusthug

Jesusthug

Boats & Hoes

ROOKIE

Posted 15 August 2010 - 04:05 PM

Look I just want the best Qb when the season starts!Im not sold on Moore as a starting QB. Neither are most people I talk to that are level headed football fans! To me he seems like a good back up that can win a couple when needed. Maybe I'm wrong> I don't claim to be the authority on anything I don't do myself. But The Vikings game (which I have ) and have watched countless times-The Steve Smith reception For the TD was the only pass you could say was good throwing into coverage. He had to make a play on the ball so it's not like he has spectacular accuracy. Tell me what Matt Moore has done besides those gimme games? What makes you think he's the man besides Jake being so bad in contrast!

#65 MurkN

MurkN

Simple And Plain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 15 August 2010 - 04:32 PM

Clausen just looked better point blank. If Moore was so good there would be no question at all

Ryan Leaf was good in the preseason too. :)

#66 Jesusthug

Jesusthug

Boats & Hoes

ROOKIE

Posted 15 August 2010 - 05:19 PM

Ryan Leaf was good in the preseason too. :)

Until he played Kansas........

#67 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 15 August 2010 - 05:33 PM

Look I just want the best Qb when the season starts!Im not sold on Moore as a starting QB. Neither are most people I talk to that are level headed football fans! To me he seems like a good back up that can win a couple when needed. Maybe I'm wrong> I don't claim to be the authority on anything I don't do myself. But The Vikings game (which I have ) and have watched countless times-The Steve Smith reception For the TD was the only pass you could say was good throwing into coverage. He had to make a play on the ball so it's not like he has spectacular accuracy. Tell me what Matt Moore has done besides those gimme games? What makes you think he's the man besides Jake being so bad in contrast!

THe reality is that the only starting quarterback we have with any experience is Moore. So far, Clausen has completed 6 passes in a meaningless preseason game, You try and belittle Moore's accomplishments without pointing out the obvious which is no matter how little the experience, it is still light years ahead of Clausen right now. How about at least waiting until Clausen has done something before we put him on an the same level as Moore.

We all want the best quarterback to be playing. Most of us simply feel that a proven commodity no matter how small the sample is better than a totally unproven commodity until further evidence refutes that. Lets see Clausen actually lead the offense to at least a field goal before we annoint him the starter.