Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jake Delhomme

43 posts in this topic

Posted

No people use their eyes. Jake had some good throws but he got lucky a couple times. Couple of those passes that our receivers caught could have eaily been ints. Plus he doesnt read the field good. He completely missed Smitty being wide open.

dumbass, half the passes thrown in the NFL would be interceptions if the defender was just a hair closer. it's the guys who can make the throw despite that who win the games, and delhomme does that. 'could have been intercepted' is a worthless stat unless you're deciding who to cut on defense.

Posted

we're not always gonna have 300 yards on the ground to bail us out. Jake, i love ya man, but WTF! maybe your accuracy is suffering because of the TJ surgery? gotta right this ship before the playoffs man.

Posted

1 int was not close to the reciever (stewie), the other dante wounda had if barber doesnt make a good play and undercut the throw last sec. 1 other bad throw all night (the deap bomb that wasnt close). other than that he had 2 drops from hoover and 1 from king early, and atleast 2 batted balls at the line.

Posted

i wonder if jake practices his accuracy,we might need him later on so i hope he gets it together

Posted

Lots of people must have blocked last year out of their memory pretty quickly.

Posted

dumbass, half the passes thrown in the NFL would be interceptions if the defender was just a hair closer. it's the guys who can make the throw despite that who win the games, and delhomme does that. 'could have been intercepted' is a worthless stat unless you're deciding who to cut on defense.

Most QB's kow better thsan to throw where there are 3 defenders right near their player.

Also I am not a dumbass I am the resident Jake hater.

Posted

Lots of people must have blocked last year out of their memory pretty quickly.

It's the only way not to cry at night.

Posted

I knew people would serving up the haterade today on Jake about his two picks and just overlook the fact that he threw some pretty good balls last night. The Bucs made some good plays on the ball on those two pics including one which I thought was a fluke.

Posted

I'd rather have Delhomme than Garcia. Besides Jake has 18 4th quarter comebacks in his career. How many QBs have done that?

I found myself praying the run game was going to pickup so Duhlomme didnt have to try and throw the ball. horrible decision making with the ball. wish we had a jay cutler.

Posted

Realistically we all know Jake is a mid-upper level QB who is very exitable and will occasionally throw a clunker. Luckily he isn't the only player on the team. If he was we might be in serious trouble. There is no way he has the mobility to avoid 11 defenders on his own . .

Also, what are the odds of a team having two season highlight catches in the same game? The one handed touchdown grab and the second interception. Amazing plays by amazing athletes.

BR4B

Posted

I'd rather have Delhomme than Garcia. Besides Jake has 18 4th quarter comebacks in his career. How many QBs have done that?

Why don't we try not having to 'come back', and take the game over from start to finish. I can't wait till that day.

Posted

fox method is the reason jake has all those 4th quarter comebacks,his to's lead to 10 points.i just hope he can calm it down,he's playing like eli last year,hopefully he will play like money in the later games.

in all fairness,the bucs d lives off of off target passes.they tip any incomplete ball into the air and pick them off