19 replies to this topic

#16 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,850 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 12:56 PM

Anywho, there are a ton of things Friedman has either written about or talked about and from Lord Obama to many others are "using" his ideas.

Go back and read his columns and look at the # of ideas that are being mentioned.

please provide specific examples of what great ideas you think Friedman has come up with, keeping in mind that I will almost certainly be able to find an instance where he has suggested the exact opposite thing, because that's all he does.

I mean I guess he's useful if you just want to get a general sense of the way the winds are blowing the "blogosphere" since he usually just follows their lead. or if you want to be informed in the sense that Time or Newsweek are informative.

except when he's writing books, and the world is flat is unreadable garbage, not just because it's full of tautologies, but because he has an awful writing style wholly dependent on the reader not thinking too hard about his terrible metaphors. i didn't read hot flat and crowded though from what friends have told me it was a lot of the same.

also remember that time you posted a friedman interview without his name, and instructed us not to think about who was giving the interview? lol even you know he's worthless.

#17 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 02:14 PM

I wish we as a country could build up a good animosity and constant war with Canada. Damn that would be awesome.

see, this is why we need more third parties.

#18 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 02:18 PM

That is disappointing.
Very disappointing.

I wonder if ethnic/religious minorities have anything remotely resembling privileges in other ME countries. Doubt it.

The whole region is just insane.

Lebanon lets Christians eat desert before they finish their dinner.

/that's pretty sweet.

#19 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,318 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 05:25 PM

I read in the Times UK that Hamas has instituted elements of the Sharia into Gaza law. Among the laws they enacted was that those that negotiate with non muslims can be crucified. Its in the editorial section, and I couldn't find anything reliable to verify, but its interesting and sad if true.

Times UK

Of course, none of these arguments can penetrate the brains of the superannuated Stalinists, vicarious jihadists and attention-seeking actors and pop stars who think it’s cool to go on marches chanting, “We are all Hamas now”. Even if these luvvies might not be aware that on Christmas Eve Hamas legalised crucifixion as a punishment for those who “weaken the spirit of the people”, and have been shooting such political enemies in the head when they find them in hospitals conveniently injured by Israeli bombing raids, they still deserve to be dismissed as useful idiots for a depraved death cult.

Edited by Davidson Deac II, 13 January 2009 - 05:30 PM.

#20 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,234 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 14 January 2009 - 07:33 PM

please provide specific examples of what great ideas you think Friedman has come up with, keeping in mind that I will almost certainly be able to find an instance where he has suggested the exact opposite thing, because that's all he does.

I mean I guess he's useful if you just want to get a general sense of the way the winds are blowing the "blogosphere" since he usually just follows their lead. or if you want to be informed in the sense that Time or Newsweek are informative.

except when he's writing books, and the world is flat is unreadable garbage, not just because it's full of tautologies, but because he has an awful writing style wholly dependent on the reader not thinking too hard about his terrible metaphors. i didn't read hot flat and crowded though from what friends have told me it was a lot of the same.

also remember that time you posted a friedman interview without his name, and instructed us not to think about who was giving the interview? lol even you know he's worthless.

Thanks Huddle's version of Bobcat Goldthwait and your intellectual tourette's.

A columnist doesn't relegate themselves to "style". Prose and free flowing grabs people's attention and those pesky Pulitizer's.
Yeah I remember the post. And it's not like you can't take an excerpt and do a search. Come on Good Will.
So when did your disdain for TF spill over into your everyday life? Is this view shaped by Slate or Chris Hitchens or Dowd's or his lack of reference in High Times?
Or because he is Jewish and strongly supports Israel? He calls for two states as well. My money is on his free trade view. Or perhaps his early hawkishness on Iraq.

BTW- one idea he tossed out in 11/07 was a suggestion that Obama get a VP more like Cheney. Biden is Cheney without the carbs and calories in foreign games of RISK. Cheneylite.
Back to your game of Tonk.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.