Photo
- - - - -

Peppers has a no stats from tonights game

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
52 replies to this topic

#46 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

SUPPORTER

Posted 18 August 2010 - 10:05 AM

Hard to sack Rivers any way, not to mention when they are running 3 and 5 step drops, and not taking the normal "norv" down the field throws.

IMO Pep played OK, not great, not bad, just enough to not get hurt.

#47 unicar15

unicar15

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 18 August 2010 - 10:45 AM

it's the first preseason game. just like with our team, i am not holding my breath. not at least until after the 3rd one.

Well...in the first preseason game we had 2 guys with 2+ sacks and a few others with some pressures. That was against a team that many are calling a SB favorite.

Peppers wasn't worth the money he was asking for and Bears fans will realize that a donut game is part of his MO.

#48 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

SUPPORTER

Posted 18 August 2010 - 11:18 AM

I'll be really intrigued to see how Peppers and Urlacher interact this season.

Urlacher isn't the type that takes kindly to guys half-assing it. If Peppers does look like he's dogging it, i doubt Urlacher will be quiet.

But with that said, Urlacher and Peppers could be looked at as an "old guard vs new blood" situation. The dynamic could be an interesting one, especially if the coaches and front office want to coddle Peppers the way the Panthers did.

#49 thunderraiden

thunderraiden

Thunder God Member

HUDDLER

Posted 19 August 2010 - 12:37 AM

Yup and thats how he sees it. As long as he gets 10 sacks and a pro bowl he could care less how the team dose.

Hehe, contract escalators are a hell of a thing.

#50 Darth Hater

Darth Hater

Sunnyvale senior member

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 August 2010 - 06:47 PM

So the whole "it's just week 1 of the preseason" excuse only applies when it benefits the Panthers or a player you guys like? Seriously how can you judge what a guy is going to do in the regular season by watching him barely play in a practice game on a team running very basic vanilla packages? If any of you Peppers haters had watched the game you would have seen that he had no time to even get a sack because the Chargers were throwing little quick passes when they weren't running away from his side while he was in there.

#51 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

HUDDLER

Posted 22 August 2010 - 11:58 AM

Pep's production last night in 30 minutes of action- five tackles, one sack, one forced fumble and a pass defense

#52 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

HUDDLER

Posted 22 August 2010 - 12:32 PM

Being that they have been long time members of the board, Dimbee and Darth completely understand the enigma that is Peppers.

He is a very talented player. He will have games where he is unstoppable. But, he will also have many games where he disappears. You accept that and you will not be disappointed.

However, if you expect a game changer on a consistent basis (which I think many Bears fans do), you WILL be frustrated and disappointed.

#53 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

HUDDLER

Posted 23 August 2010 - 03:39 PM

Being that they have been long time members of the board, Dimbee and Darth completely understand the enigma that is Peppers.

He is a very talented player. He will have games where he is unstoppable. But, he will also have many games where he disappears. You accept that and you will not be disappointed.

However, if you expect a game changer on a consistent basis (which I think many Bears fans do), you WILL be frustrated and disappointed.

I am all too aware of the enigma (well-worded) that is Julius Peppers and his ebb and flow production. I have no unrealistic expectations for what we'll get out of Peppers. I have expectations, yes, but I don't think they are unrealistic or unheard of when talking about Pep. 12+ sacks will make me happy.