Photo
- - - - -

Worst Ken Lucas Game As A Pro

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
58 replies to this topic

#16 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,794 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 12:16 AM

Honestly our defense has been playing like crap lately.

#17 SCpanther

SCpanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 12:18 AM

I wanna savor the win but I'll just say that I hope our secondary doesn't become our undoing in the playoffs. They have been a liability lately, and they don't have lack of QB pressure as an excuse tonight.

I'm not going to put all of the blame on Lucas because Marshall seems to be getting burned lately, and not surprisingly Gamble's play dropped off last week, right after the big new contract. I wonder how much of it is the safeties? Godfrey seems to be out of position a lot and pass coverage has always been Harris' weakness.

#18 SorthNarolina

SorthNarolina

• HUDDLER
  • 6,407 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 12:19 AM

I bet he is

Getting benched for Wesley made it obvious at the end. We cant keep someone around who teams is going to pick on. Fox & Hurney IS NOT HAVING THAT, if he's our coach

And if im not mistaken, the late TD... Lucas was covering him right

I think godfrey blew his coverage but I'm not sure until i can get a second look

#19 xPUREBYBLOODx

xPUREBYBLOODx

StraightXXXLife

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 12:19 AM

We gave up so many years passing...Made that *** Jeff Garcia look like a Hall Of Famer. Not gonna beat the Giants like that or even DENVER.....jussayin. NOW....LET'S DANCE!:party:

#20 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,794 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 12:23 AM

Denver will likely come out and try to do 4WR sets all game long, it is kind of hard to believe that we locked down the saints passing game earlier this year.

We are going to have to put one of those up on Denver.

#21 PhillyPanther

PhillyPanther

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 12:23 AM

They betn a little but I think they made some good plays in the second half when they had to. Yes, it wasn't great, but focus on positive. Yes.

#22 chbright

chbright

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 12:28 AM

bryant is a top 5 tallent, perfect example today of the good bryant (the 1 handed to, the speed, strength), and the bad (the penalty). he performed ok in dalas, but was basicly kicked off. why would jones a guy who thinks he can reclaim anyone with tallent do it to him, unless he was uncoachable. the guy got a reality check last year: unemployment. still think his is a 1st grade jerk, but when he wants he can dominate. hated when he was on pitt and vt faced his ass (and he burned us all the time).

that said lucus was garbage yet again. dont forget he got run over by dunn. little 175 soaking wet warrick dunn.

#23 youngceo24

youngceo24

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 12:30 AM

Lucas got worn like a used condom...he needs to go!!!

#24 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 12:35 AM

lucas has had a bad season, tonite was just the icing. i think we will cut lucas in order to sign peppers and maybe gross. too bad marshall hasnt played very well, but at least he is cheaper.

to me, its really upsetting too, because in man coverage, he is really good, but he just dosent play well in trogo's prevent sceme.

#25 Edley

Edley

Heir Apparent

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 12:35 AM

and he's due 11 million over the next two years ...

#26 SCpanther

SCpanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 12:36 AM

lucas has had a bad season, tonite was just the icing. i think we will cut lucas in order to sign peppers and maybe gross. too bad marshall hasnt played very well, but at least he is cheaper.

It may be a blessing in disguise that Marshall's play has dropped off a little this year. The front office should jump at the opportunity to extend him while they have a little leverage.

#27 Badbak

Badbak

Official Huddle Recluse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 12:43 AM

Lucas looked terrible and Gamble didn't light it up either. Marshal looked lost when he was on the field. CJ Wilson might get some playing time sooner rather than later.

#28 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,261 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 12:48 AM

Great win tonight, and I am thoroughly enjoying it...

Howevah....

Our next three opposing QB's are Cutler, Eli, and Brees, all of which can light it up. Our secondary needs to get better quick, all of em.

#29 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 12:48 AM

It may be a blessing in disguise that Marshall's play has dropped off a little this year. The front office should jump at the opportunity to extend him while they have a little leverage.

good point. i cant beleive how cheap he is playing for right now though. i think i saw a website that says he makes around 500K a year right now. I'm sure lucas is making almost 5x that amount.

#30 cookinbrak

cookinbrak

tastes like chicken...

• HUDDLER
  • 3,218 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 12:52 AM

Bryant looked good because of Lucas' crappy play. Playing 20 yds off receivers is bad enough, but to sit there and argue with the ref while the guy you didn't cover walks into the endzone is unthinkable.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com