Photo
- - - - -

Worst Ken Lucas Game As A Pro

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
58 replies to this topic

#46 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,934 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 09:14 AM

This may have been mentioned, haven't read the thread yet, but the Broncos lost their starting RB...again. Peyton Hillis. So I forsee much passing from Cutler. We can put Gamble on Brandon Marshall, thankfully, and not Lucas. But we've gven up huge numbers to Rodgers and now Garcia. Sure, we won both games but we can't take this trend into the Playoffs. We game to tighten up the pass D. And Lucas...wow. Bad season, bub.

#47 Sword

Sword

Ninja Pirate

• HUDDLER
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 09:33 AM

lucas played like he was still suffering lingering effects from the hit in the packer game...

#48 Moonshine

Moonshine

Formerly bigcat

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 09:38 AM

I cussed Lucas at the game last night but owe him a little bit of a apology after watching the highlights. On one play, he and Godfrey were in a combo coverage where Lucas had the short route and Godfrey should have had the deep route. Godfrey bit on the short and got burnt. The second was a simple cover two where Lucus had the short underneth zone and Godfrey had the deep zone. Godfrey bit on play action and got burnt. My frustration is now more with Godfrey than Lucas. He clearly made Lucas look bad last night.

#49 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,504 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 09:39 AM

Godfrey played just about as badly. Combining the two just made the coverage even worse for Lucas.

#50 Moonshine

Moonshine

Formerly bigcat

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 09:41 AM

On two of the long plays Lucas actually DID his job. I know it looked bad to seeing him chasing Bryant from behind but Godfrey was the toast on those blue plate specials.

#51 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,375 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 09:41 AM

I thought he got mugged on that PI call. Should have gone against the offense.

Yep, Bryant stiff-armed him and he got his feet tangled... that should have been a no-call or a offensive PI...

Maybe it was a make-up call for the Barber illegal contact against Smith 'cause he just touched him and although technically correct, they usually don't call that.

#52 Pumpkin Eater

Pumpkin Eater

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 09:46 AM

if we had any resemblance of a defence we would truly be unstopable... its got me worried for the playoffs. we didnt make one stop when it counted.

uh... yeah, the Panthers did. That's why they won.

The Bucs were like 5/10 on third down

#53 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • 3,900 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 09:59 AM

Lucas has had some very very good games this year. He is no more hot and cold than Peppers from down to down.

#54 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,663 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 10:16 AM

Lucas got burned last week at GB if I remember correctly...it just seems like the guy is starting to lose a step. I wouldn't be surprised if he is not here next year to save some cap room. He put in some good years but with a stud like Marshall waiting in the wings IDK why you would hold onto a contract like Lucas's (especially if it is backloaded). KL will probably get another small contract somewhere else as a nickel DB which is what he should be playing anyways...The only problem is that we don't have another good corner to come in and take Marshalls spot at nickel (unless CJ Wilson is that guy...) who knows

#55 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,810 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 10:26 AM

Marshall hasn't been playing much better. His best play last night was a sack.

Marshall led the team if tackles last night.

#56 Cpt slay a ho

Cpt slay a ho

Lord Flacko

• HUDDLER
  • 2,152 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 10:47 AM

i heard dante did good,one thing i hate is the drop ints we have had over the last 2 weeks

#57 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,820 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 11:22 AM

I think Bryant was just balling. He beat Gamble too and was wearing out all 3 of our CBs. I do think the new scheme is confusing Godfrey alot.

#58 RabidCat

RabidCat

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 12:18 PM

I thought he got mugged on that PI call. Should have gone against the offense.

I was thinking the same thing!?? How the hell that was against K-luc I have no fuging clue, he was mawled...:smash:

#59 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,663 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 12:55 PM

Lucas is still as solid corner and IMO he would be an above average nickel corner coming off the edge maybe on blitzes and stuff because he is still a good tackler. Marshall will get some more training camp this offseason and more offseason workouts to improve and hopefully he will be our starter opposite Gamble. He has too much big play ability not to mention insane speed to not be a starting DB next year...

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com